• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

SLoco

Neo Member
anyone else feels there is not enough traffic and car models around map?How many cars are in game(models) do anyone knows?

ebevan91

anyone else feels there is not enough traffic and car models around map?How many cars are in game(models) do anyone knows?

Does crowd density affect cars? Anyways, I'm playing on PC and in some areas I see A LOT of cars. So many that I can't even cross the damn street. But then other times I can be walking on an overpass and not see a single car in either direction.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TONS of concept art/design assets for Cyberpunk 2077 have been released:

Direct Link

Anyone else feel like they've seen this dude somewhere?

yee-ling-syncmax-chung-x-lawyer-malfunction-edit-sized.jpg

Well I think that is me done with Cyberpunk 2077 now. It ate up nearly 342 hours of my life through 6 playthroughs from start to finish. I enjoyed every minute of it think in the 300 odd hours I played it I suffered from 2 crashes to desktop. There were the annoying bugs like the T-posing naked whilst driving a car or bike (I mean serously). I think I said it in another thread that whilst I enjoyed every minute of the game I do regret we won't get the cyberpunk the devs intended to make. There is clearly tons of stuff they cut out and short cuts that were made to get the game done on time.

I honestly wish CD Projekt Red had made this exclusive to the PC (the majority of sales for CP2077 were on the PC) then later on port it to the consoles rather than piss about doing a PC version an xbox version a PS version and next gen compatible versions. But what is done is done.

I may return to Cyberpunk later in the year it just depends what the DLC situation is like. I am not holding my breath for it, chances are it will just be lame bits n bobs like clothes, cars etc. So yeah good game but it could've and should've been greater. Not gonna lie though gonna miss the fuck out of Judy, Panam, River and hell even Johnny.

Last edited:

Hugare

Well I think that is me done with Cyberpunk 2077 now. It ate up nearly 342 hours of my life through 6 playthroughs from start to finish. I enjoyed every minute of it think in the 300 odd hours I played it I suffered from 2 crashes to desktop. There were the annoying bugs like the T-posing naked whilst driving a car or bike (I mean serously). I think I said it in another thread that whilst I enjoyed every minute of the game I do regret we won't get the cyberpunk the devs intended to make. There is clearly tons of stuff they cut out and short cuts that were made to get the game done on time.

I honestly wish CD Projekt Red had made this exclusive to the PC (the majority of sales for CP2077 were on the PC) then later on port it to the consoles rather than piss about doing a PC version an xbox version a PS version and next gen compatible versions. But what is done is done.

I may return to Cyberpunk later in the year it just depends what the DLC situation is like. I am not holding my breath for it, chances are it will just be lame bits n bobs like clothes, cars etc. So yeah good game but it could've and should've been greater. Not gonna lie though gonna miss the fuck out of Judy, Panam, River and hell even Johnny.
This game would have never been greenlit if it was a PC exclusive, even as a timed exclusive. The scope of the project demands a multiplatform release.

You just dont see games of this size being PC exclusive. Heck, even Sony exclusives cant come close to this in terms of scope, and they sell like crazy and are very costly.

Besides, it kinda was developed as a PC exclusive. They've made themselfes clear already that they developed the game not taking consoles hardware into consideration. Only when they started to optimize the game for consoles some months ago that they realized "oh shit, we werent expecting it to be this hard".

Said this before a few times.

I strongly believe the downfall for these guys was developing the game for multiple platforms. Especially a game as ambitious and demanding as this. If you look at all the shit they tried to throw at this game, it becomes clear that PC should have been the primary platform on which this game should have released and then like you say port the game down to base consoles and next gen.

It's a good game for what it is. I managed to get 50+ hours on PS4 Pro and it was fun but imagine how amazing it would have been had they implemented all these awesome ideas like the cop bribery system, random ambushes, NPC day/night routines, fully interactive open world etc. etc.

It's a shame how this game turned out. Will keep my hype in check for any other future AAA titles.

Hugare

Said this before a few times.

I strongly believe the downfall for these guys was developing the game for multiple platforms. Especially a game as ambitious and demanding as this. If you look at all the shit they tried to throw at this game, it becomes clear that PC should have been the primary platform on which this game should have released and then like you say port the game down to base consoles and next gen.

It's a good game for what it is. I managed to get 50+ hours on PS4 Pro and it was fun but imagine how amazing it would have been had they implemented all these awesome ideas like the cop bribery system, random ambushes, NPC day/night routines, fully interactive open world etc. etc.

It's a shame how this game turned out. Will keep my hype in check for any other future AAA titles.
Again: they started porting the game to consoles months ago, during the final phase of the production, close to launch.
The game would still have launched without all of those systems that you mentioned on PC.

It would have been worse for them, actually, because they would get bad word of mouth from the PC release, affecting sales on the console port later on.

Last edited:

Woggleman

They should have just released it a year later and cut out the last gen versions. They could have even shown footage on youtube so people could see how bad it is. It runs perfectly well on Series X or at least as good as PC. The PS5 has crash issues but if it were an exclusive I am sure that issues could have been worked out. This is a big example why suits should not be allowed in the room when it comes to development.

Kadayi

Banned

Having clocked 371 hours myself I've of a similar view (though I'm not done with Night City yet). I really like the game overall, but it definitely feels like they should have focussed on PC initially to simplify development and then once they had a robust stable version look into porting it. As is, it's a rough diamond, but I don't have any doubts that the developers will be able to polish it up over 2021 and I'm looking forward to the patches and seeing how the game evolves both in terms of updates, improvements and future DLC.

As regards the present hoopla. Seems to me that some things have been overplayed, not the least of which is this unhealthy focus on the 2018 E3 Demo, which certain obsessives keep banging the drum about (more than they'd played the game by all accounts as they all refunded it within hours/days), even though at the time CDP stated it was very much a WIP and subject to change and slapped a big disclaimer on it accordingly (which everyone conveniently ignores). The shrieks for Schreier about it being 'Fake' might make for great copy and get the torches and pitchforks crowd circle jerk getting all righteous but anyone with a modicum of sense knows what a vertical slice is (it's a statement of intent). There's this delusion people have that back in 2018 there existed this feature complete game and somehow whole rafts of it were cut out (release the Snyder cut!!!) but the reality is, game design is an iterative process and sometimes what seemed like a good idea initially, doesn't necessarily work or play that well with other systems down the road, and sometimes the only play is to change things up. None of the people shouting 'Cut Content' seem to speculate as to the 'why' with regard to why it is things changed.

The direct hacking thing, for instance, might have seemed cool at the time, but the plain truth is it's reliant on the player getting close to the enemy in the first place (great if you're in an urban environment, less so if you're in the open), whereas the remote hacking using your optics and cameras means you're not putting yourself in the danger zone of detection straight away (because if you're not pushing stealth that could be frustrating). Plus it makes sense that surveillance would be a thing, so why not utilise it?

Also for all the talk of what was removed, there's no discussion about what was added. It's pretty clear from this part:

where they show you the early character creation section, that they whole backstory aspect to V was probably kind of similar to Mass effect in that you made a few selection choices and that was that, whereas in the final game, you get to experience a bit of being V beforehand in context.

With that said, there are definitely a lot of things I want to see implemented. Obviously, the in-game AI is an issue especially in terms of Pedestrians whenever there's a gunfight, Vehicle pathing & Police, but they've acknowledged those aspects as bugs and so I fully expect those to be addressed in Patch 1.1 or 1.2 at the latest. Beyond that, some obvious UI changes (the lack of dynamic zoom on the mini-map when in a vehicle, which someone modded in is a great example). Hair and appearance customisation for sure (as well as proper clothing previews), as well as vehicles and checks and balances in place for item purchases (currently the game will allow you to buy blueprints you already own for instance).

I also think they need to do some more QA passes on some of the missions. The Johnny flashbacks in particular (like the one about Johnny & Alt) feel a bit janky (Johnny has zero moves) and the sound mix is definitely off with certain lines of dialogue.

Still, we're probably a couple of days away from patch 1.1 hitting, so I'm very interested to see what that brings, though I suspect the main focus of it will be in optimising performance and addressing the more egregious issues versus much in the way of QoL updates.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Yeah I was wondering about 1.1 patch.

Depending on what they fix I will start 2nd playthrough or not.

Also I hope the game will be fine on base consoles after 1.1.

ebevan91

Yeah I was wondering about 1.1 patch.

Depending on what they fix I will start 2nd playthrough or not.

Also I hope the game will be fine on base consoles after 1.1.
I made it to act 2 on my second playthrough recently but I think I'm gonna hold off to see what they do with the 1st patch.

MadYarpen

There is also potential DLC to take into account. I dont think it will be happening after the end of the game.... So probably more like Hearts of Stone, where you were generally expected to finish it before the main story.

scalman

you need to play game and not to think of it ... then its good. because when you start to think of it all open world is just falling appart as is not so much open world and not so much you can choose anything there or your choice will change anything. so for open world game its not that . but its good for what it does , the story i guess. still i cant finish it second time now... meaning it started just repeating himself so much that i lost interest ....i was so much in this game ...just full on .. but now when you look outside the box it looks more flat and more simple in reality. i think i need to go back to valhalla , that is real open world there...

Hawk269

Does anyone remember when the apology video was released? Because that is when the person said that within 10 days a Hot Fix would be out. I see a lot of folks thinking this will be the 1.1 patch, but 1.1 will be after this next hot fix. I just don't remember what day they released the video.

Mista

Banned
Does anyone remember when the apology video was released? Because that is when the person said that within 10 days a Hot Fix would be out. I see a lot of folks thinking this will be the 1.1 patch, but 1.1 will be after this next hot fix. I just don't remember what day they released the video.
6 days ago.

I haven't picked up Cyberpunk since early December because of all the crashes on the pa5. I hope the next patch fixes all these crashes as its unplayable for me personally.

die kill me GIF by South Park

Last edited:

scalman

but it wont fix or change game as all. its not possible with just patch i think. fix some bugs sure, but game code will stay same, you better not look in ot open world living people stuff there, just shoot everyone and move forward type of game.

stn

Does anyone else have the glitch where gear does not show properly? No matter what I wear, be it long-sleeve armor or a coat, it always shows up as short-sleeved when in first-person mode. It displays correctly when I drive, however. Its not a big deal but its one of those bugs that, combined with the other visual glitches, kills some of the immersion.

I really like the game but I may just hold off until it is patched even more.

Woggleman

I like how I have roster of vehicles and didn't pay for a single one. That truck you get out in the badlands runs surprisingly`1 well.

Mods are going to get even better and I hope CDPR supports them well. I'll probably let a few more months pass before diving into them. Young Rogue hair mod is a must.

As for modders getting things done before the devs, you see this with all games and good mod scenes. Total War: Warhammer 2 has an incredible mod scene, the devs give a lot of support and give shoutouts to top modders all the time (good pr), and the devs have even incorporated popular and unique mods into the base game. Win, win for everyone.

It's not really a fair comparison though because modders aren't under the same or really any level of quality control (CDPR QA jokes need not apply 🙃 ) or can just stop and that's that. Mods don't always stay up to date and everyone's outta luck unless someone else updates it. If the devs break something, there's hell to pay.

The worst for both is "update when?" and "update plz." It's kind of funny/infuriating seeing that on Steam literally minutes after an official game update got pushed out.

Woggleman

I don't get how people bash this game for lack of choices but then hold up Rockstar as the standard that CDPR failed to live up to. It might not have the same choices their favorite RPG has but it certainly has more than Rockstar games. The most choices I have seen in a Rockstar game was the deal or revenge ending in GTA IV. I love their games but they are very much on rails.

Top Bottom