• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

cryptoadam

Banned
CDPR cock tease you with the Japantown sniper mission. Not sure how far along in the story that is because I have been doing all the side stuff. But you actually get dense crowds, but you can't interact with them at all as they are more like barriers.

Such a tease to see these huge crowds of people, and then you finish the mission are back into the dead empty city.

harmny

Banned
CDPR cock tease you with the Japantown sniper mission. Not sure how far along in the story that is because I have been doing all the side stuff. But you actually get dense crowds, but you can't interact with them at all as they are more like barriers.

Such a tease to see these huge crowds of people, and then you finish the mission are back into the dead empty city.

there are huge crowds on pc. especially in city center.

G-Bus

Banned
hit the point of no return. debating on doing some more side stuff or not. had a feeling i was getting to this point but still feels a bit abrupt.

Kadayi

Banned
In regards to your spoiler
If you take out Jotaro before Automatic Love, you can then intimidate Woodman into giving up info about Evelyn and leave without any combat.

Or as I saw a couple nights ago, a 20 Int character can get that same info by offering to fix their network. Might be dependent on exploring the email terminal in the network room across from his office.

Yeah. I've actually done both of those things. The intelligence cost isn't that high (10 IIRC) but you do need to read the emails. I was kind of surprised that there was a violence option. I figured this was one situation where you have to talk it out.

Exentryk

Dodge Hopping makes the game so much more fun. I don't even bother using bikes/cars now as it's more efficient and fun to use Dodge Hopping.

There are two ways to do this:
  1. This method requires Kerenzikov cyberware. To execute it, you need to Hold Aim and then press Dodge to start slow motion. After this, press Dodge again during slow motion and it will increase your speed. To maintain this increased speed you need to continue hopping. This sequence can be chained repeatedly as the Kerenzikov cooldown expires.
  2. This method requires Maneuvering System cyberware (requires 14 Reflex). To execute it, you need to press Jump and then dodge just as you're about to land, and then jump immediately after followed again by Dodge as you're about to land. Keep repeating this to keep gaining speed.
Video shows this in more detail. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yeah. I've actually done both of those things. The intelligence cost isn't that high (10 IIRC) but you do need to read the emails. I was kind of surprised that there was a violence option. I figured this was one situation where you have to talk it out.

I didn't know you could talk your way out. I just fucked him up. 🤣

Loostreaks

Dodge Hopping makes the game so much more fun. I don't even bother using bikes/cars now as it's more efficient and fun to use Dodge Hopping.

There are two ways to do this:
  1. This method requires Kerenzikov cyberware. To execute it, you need to Hold Aim and then press Dodge to start slow motion. After this, press Dodge again during slow motion and it will increase your speed. To maintain this increased speed you need to continue hopping. This sequence can be chained repeatedly as the Kerenzikov cooldown expires.
  2. This method requires Maneuvering System cyberware (requires 14 Reflex). To execute it, you need to press Jump and then dodge just as you're about to land, and then jump immediately after followed again by Dodge as you're about to land. Keep repeating this to keep gaining speed.
Video shows this in more detail. Enjoy!

Anyone tried this with that shotgun perk ( that increases your damage the faster you move)? This is one bug I hope they don't fix.

Moogle11

Banned
I had crashes all the time on older consoles but I have played a ton on the Series X and have not had a single crash. I tried the quality mode though and I doubt I can go back to 30 fps. I have played on Stadia and the Pro and One X as well and this is hands down the best version I have tried.
Yeah I finished on XSX the other day and inkjet had two crashes in 64 hours. It’s the most stable console version for sure right now. I played on quality mode as that looked better to me, has a bit denser pedestrian and car traffic etc. I’ve never been remotely fussed about frame rate though (as long as stable anyway).

Exentryk

Anyone tried this with that shotgun perk ( that increases your damage the faster you move)? This is one bug I hope they don't fix.
Haven't tried it, but damn that could give some crazy results if scales well and isn't bounded, lol.

--
Some random images:

inCtoqf.jpg

ikuCrLd.jpg

0Zk8NHW.jpg

zb0BaDN.jpg

q9ijyoV.jpg

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A maxxed out hacker with maxxed out stats in Intelligence and Cool is so OP.

Can clear out entire camps without firing as single bullet. Even taking down bosses is piss easy. Just freeze them in place with 'Cripple Movement' and hit them with every hack under the sun and they go down faster than a Thai hooker.
Even faster is that some bosses are vulnerable to System Reset.

EZ

SJRB

Gold Member
I think it's the Peralez apartment. They're fucking ballers for sure.
Yeah I think it is indeed. I've been there for quite a bit but it was nighttime then. Looks drastically different during the day.

Probably one of the most impressive places in the game.

Black Chamber Black Chamber did you post a personal review of this game anywhere? Curious as to what your thoughts on it are a month later.
No personal review yet - but I loved it!

I have been playing on the Xbox Series X and I was waiting for the full, next-gen update to have a proper, thorough playthrough - but, that apparently won't be until later in the year🤷‍♂️😔

Cyberpunk 2077 clearly lacks some things - mainly Police, Enemy and NPC A.I. as well as features that were cut for time that will hopefully be reunited with the game in the near future. I'm sincerely hoping for features that will flesh out the already gorgeous world of Night City - things like mini-games to enjoy and all of the Ripperdoc interactions being immersive like the first time you meet Victor Vector.

My full list of hopeful additions is:
  • Rideable NCART Monorail Transit System
  • Playable Arcade machines & Pool tables
  • Being able to buy items from all vendors
  • Canned beverages from vending machines - not "bags" put into inventory & used from there
  • Apartment and vehicle customization
  • An expansion set in space on the Crystal Palace Space Station
    What the Secret Ending alludes to😲
  • Barbershops, Bodysculpting centers and Tattoo Parlors
  • A Synthwave radio station
  • A flashlight for dark areas
  • Thermal and Night Vision modes for your Kiroshi Optics
  • Interactive Karaoke bars
  • Put the Optical Camo back in the game
  • Real-time weather effects [not just quest driven] where storms slowly roll in - ala RDR2 - with varying levels of rain/thunder/lighting & more rainy days/nights
  • Being able to hack enemies with the Monowire
  • Being able to buy all of those Braindance BDs and view them
  • Being able to purchase Aerodynes
  • More apartments/housing
  • Being able to select what color your car will be before you buy it from Fixers
  • Vehicle dealerships
  • Bring back the motorized shopping cart NPC
  • NPCs can also drive Motorcycles. I've only seen them drive cars
  • Taxis, buses and more variety in traffic
  • Being able to analyze and zoom-in on all of the items in your inventory
  • Having a way to do the "First Equip" animation on command
  • Being able to shoot while you are driving
  • Having different types of ammunition for your guns
  • More Joytoys
  • More customization options added to character creation
  • Spent shells stay on-screen for a while
  • Better water physics [water reacts to being shot, explosions, vehicles and bodies]
  • Better vehicle handling and physics [also being able to shoot tires and gastanks]
  • An "Old School" weapons pack that has famous retro weapons from the 1980s and 1990s - like Brass Knuckles, Chains, Shurikens, Nunchucks, AK-47, Uzi, Beretta 92FS, Ingram MAC-10, M-16, SPAS-12 Shotgun, Rick Deckard's Blade Runner Blaster, Walther PPK, .357 Magnum and a Gatling Gun. Some of these are featured in Cyberpunk 2020
  • Items and vendors that are only obtainable/accessible dependent on your Street Cred level
  • Being able to see your status/reputation with Gangs
  • Choices should matter more for Side Gigs - as well as offering more branching paths and outcomes
  • More inclusion of Trauma Team and MAX-TAC
  • Better eating and drinking animations
  • Being able to sit in most chairs
  • Customizable HUD and Menu coloring
  • Mini-Map allows you to zoom-in and out for better visibility
  • Self-driving/Autopilot mode for vehicles
  • Better Waypoint markers
  • Being able to listen to the radio while walking around
  • Shops have their names displayed on the map
  • Being able to try on clothes to see how they look before buying them
  • Being able to sleep in the beds found around the city
  • Hailing Cabs with the options of Fast Travel or just choosing to enjoy the ride
  • Street names appear on the Map Screen when you zoom-in
  • One of the expansions features Morgan Blackhand
  • Wall running
I'll give my full impressions when the game is ready🤘💯

I have been playing on the Xbox Series X and I was waiting for the full, next-gen update to have a proper, thorough playthrough - but, that apparently won't be until later in the year🤷‍♂️😔

Cyberpunk 2077 clearly lacks some things - mainly Police, Enemy and NPC A.I. as well as features that were cut for time that will hopefully be reunited with the game in the near future. I'm sincerely hoping for features that will flesh out the already gorgeous world of Night City - things like mini-games to enjoy and all of the Ripperdoc interactions being immersive like the first time you meet Victor Vector.

• Canned beverages from vending machines - not "bags" put into inventory & used from there
  • Real-time weather effects [not just quest driven] where storms slowly roll in - ala RDR2 - with varying levels of rain/thunder/lighting & more rainy days/nights
  • Being able to select what color your car will be before you buy it from Fixers
  • Vehicle dealerships
  • More Joytoys
  • Better water physics [water reacts to being shot, explosions, vehicles and bodies]
  • Better vehicle handling and physics [also being able to shoot tires and gastanks]
  • An "Old School" weapons pack that has famous retro weapons from the 1980s and 1990s - like Brass Knuckles, Chains, Shurikens, Nunchucks, AK-47, Uzi, Beretta 92FS, Ingram MAC-10, M-16, SPAS-12 Shotgun, Rick Deckard's Blade Runner Blaster, Walther PPK, .357 Magnum and a Gatling Gun. Some of these are featured in Cyberpunk 2020
  • Items and vendors that are only obtainable/accessible dependent on your Street Cred level
  • Choices should matter more for Side Gigs - as well as offering more branching paths and outcomes
  • Hailing Cabs with the options of Fast Travel or just choosing to enjoy the ride
  • Wall running
So basically you're looking for a Cyberpunk 2078, a full blown out sequel. 😅

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

• Vehicle dealerships
  • More Joytoys
  • Wall running
Nice thoughts. I also loved the game too. Got over 80 hours on PC, but I do agree that there's a lot of things that can be fleshed out more.

Good suggestions there 🍻

So basically you're looking for a Cyberpunk 2078, a full blown out sequel. 😅
I don't think this game should ever get a sequel.

I think they should just keep adding to it. Aside from the Crystal Palace, the main setting in Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk is Night City - just adding more Missions & Gigs and fleshing out the world from there would be the perfect choice. The Badlands were horribly underused and could use a fleshing out as well🤘💯
Nice thoughts. I also loved the game too. Got over 80 hours on PC, but I do agree that there's a lot of things that can be fleshed out more.

Good suggestions there 🍻
If even half of those suggestions are implemented into the game; it would be a "Legendary-tier" RPG🤘💯💯💯

I think they should just keep adding to it. Aside from the Crystal Palace, the main setting in Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk is Night City - just adding more Missions & Gigs and fleshing out the world from there would be the perfect choice. The Badlands were horribly underused and could use a fleshing out as well🤘💯

If even half of those suggestions are implemented into the game; it would be a "Legendary-tier" RPG🤘💯💯💯
I can definitely see them releasing Cyberpunk 20XX with the same setting (Night City) just improved and expanded with new story and characters. That would be the smartest thing to do.

2AdEPT

A maxxed out hacker with maxxed out stats in Intelligence and Cool is so OP.

Can clear out entire camps without firing as single bullet. Even taking down bosses is piss easy. Just freeze them in place with 'Cripple Movement' and hit them with every hack under the sun and they go down faster than a Thai hooker.

Even faster is that some bosses are vulnerable to System Reset.

EZ
Was going to say, System reset is the most OP hack in the entire game. Not only because it keeps things silent, but because it only makes them "unconscious". So useful if you dont want to "kill" them. If you do need to kill its easy to stealth, move their body, and kill if necessasry....

Im almost a tthe point that I think it needs balancing...it just breaks the game. I used it on the cyber psycho at juliets house and one shot her, then watched Lobos jr die 5-6 times trying to get her legit.

Kadayi

Banned

Pretty much agreed. Loving my time with it, but given the sheer scale and scope of the game world, I think that as an environment it offers a lot of opportunity for expansion within itself. I'd hope to see them iterate on it for the next 2 - 3 years with story-based DLC. Perhaps with V, but perhaps with different characters.

Last edited:

Woggleman

The next two patches are actual patches instead of hotfixes so I imagine there will be major improvements. What that includes I don't know. They have said that they look at the AI as a bug and if they improve that they might just win some people over.

Majukun

lol, only noticed now that in the italian translation has the action to "arm" a landmine back again translated as "braccio", as in, the two things attached to your shoulders

The next two patches are actual patches instead of hotfixes so I imagine there will be major improvements. What that includes I don't know. They have said that they look at the AI as a bug and if they improve that they might just win some people over.
I really hope they fix stealth, especially the fact that apparently the enemies can spot corpses through walls and objects, meaning that right now you HAVE to find one of those disposal box instead of just hid a corpse behind something

Last edited:

Woggleman

I loved my time with this. The main issue I had with it is that it’s far too easy when you hit 5-6 hours in. Even in the harder difficulties.
One minute I felt like I was underpowered and would be killed be one shot and the next minute I was superman. Still loved the game.

Hugare

I encountered a bug that really saddened me

After finishing Judy's sidequests, I thought "hey, maybe I should check her apartment! since, you know, she wanted me to stay there"

So there I went. And then I found, to my surprise, Judy in there, smoking at her window.

When I started a conversation with her, the dialogue was just like if we were talking on the phone.

She was talking as if she was in Oregon, not right in front of me.

She even said "I'm driving right now". I laughed.

This game is great, but I want so hard to play a version of this game without these immersion breaking bugs.

They pull me straight out of the experience so bad

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I encountered a bug that really saddened me

After finishing Judy's sidequests, I thought "hey, maybe I should check her apartment! since, you know, she wanted me to stay there"

So there I went. And then I found, to my surprise, Judy in there, smoking at her window.

When I started a conversation with her, the dialogue was just like if we were talking on the phone.

She was talking as if she was in Oregon, not right in front of me.

She even said "I'm driving right now". I laughed.

This game is great, but I want so hard to play a version of this game without these immersion breaking bugs.

They pull me straight out of the experience so bad
The game just generally does a poor job at immersion, bugs aside. You never forget that this is a game.

How is that Rivers quest so good and is optional. The twist to the standard serial killer plot was appreciated. I still dont quite understand why with the
cows
. Haha.

90 hours in now..

- The gameloop execution, story and gunplay 10/10
- Technical (clusterfuck) 3/10
- CDPR Company Management 1/10

3-6 months delay should've been quite obvious.. Again; I can only imagine how heartbroken regular CDPR employees must be..

With all of that said, I'm so addicted to this game, the core gameplay is so much fun, there's no other like it. I'm kinda OP with my hacking abilities though, I'm basically a god..

My V is a hacking god too but damn is breaching repetitive after 100 hours. Next run going to be Corpo V with a phobia for hacking.

Last edited:
Is there a known bug with " Hippocratic Oath" Gig? I escorted her, she sat in the car and drove off--Job Complete. While browsing through the city a message just popped up with --Job Failed, tha f@##% 🙉

FranXico

If I am a dick choker for CDPR when I knew ahead of time that they are a PC developer that was being pressured by sony in particular and likely MIcrosoft as well, to port to old consoles
What a load of ridiculous bullshit.

Nobody pressured them into announcing their game for last gen consoles. Quite the contrary, both Sony and MS gave them special treatment during certification.
If anyone were to pressure them in particular, it would have MS, with whom they had a marketing deal.

timothet

I just hope they don't break mods, now that we are finally starting to get npc clothing, haircuts, retextures etc.
It seems that CDPR is in close-ish communication with some prominient users from modders community. Apparently CDPR gave modders complete list of archived files that otherwise would require weeks or months of work from modders to manually extract or something(there was post on cyberpunk subreddit about it couple days ago). I don't think that breaking mods will be an issue. At least not to the point where mods become absolutely incompatible and will require complete rewrite.

Exentryk

How is that Rivers quest so good and is optional. The twist to the standard serial killer plot was appreciated. I still dont quite understand why with the
cows
. Haha.

My V is a hacking god too but damn is breaching repetitive after 100 hours. Next run going to be Corpo V with a phobia for hacking.
Probably my favourite quest so far that River quest. Really got into it.

Also, regarding breaching, you don't even have to use it since hacks will still kill the enemies easily. It's what I've been doing lately. Just ping and start killing. But if you still want to use breaching, then get that perks that auto installs the first daemon, and the one that reduces the inputs by 1.

MMaRsu

Banned
What a load of ridiculous bullshit.

Nobody pressured them into announcing their game for last gen consoles. Quite the contrary, both Sony and MS gave them special treatment during certification.
If anyone were to pressure them in particular, it would have MS, with whom they had a marketing deal.

Its not allowed to release a game only for Pro and X versions of the console, so in a way they were pressured to put it out for base consoles

Top Bottom