• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

A.Romero

So I had the chance to play quite a few hours during the weekend. Finished all the available sidequests.

I somehow missed the opportunity to romance Judy which is a boomer. I've read that is the best sex scene. Maybe it was because of the way I resolved the Clouds rebellion quest. She just left and now just sends me pictures of the road from time to time.
I enjoyed Ward's quest a lot. It was great storytelling. Made me want to go back continue playing LA Noire (which is on hold until I finish this). I did have the option to kiss him while looking at the stars.

I pretty much did all of Panam's quest activities but I think my game is bugged. In the quest
Queen of the highway
I'm supposed to go and talk to her but she just sits in a tent and gives me 2 blue dialog options. Have tried after finishing some main story quests but it doesn't seem to trigger anything.

The main quest is going great. All the
Parade stuff was very entertaining and fresh. The fight with ODA was cool.

I feel like I'm almost done with the main quest but after aprox 35 hours I'm a bit disappointed. I've done all sidequests and gigs except for the high danger ones and the taxi AI. I guess I was expecting more content.

So I had the chance to play quite a few hours during the weekend. Finished all the available sidequests.

I somehow missed the opportunity to romance Judy which is a boomer. I've read that is the best sex scene. Maybe it was because of the way I resolved the Clouds rebellion quest. She just left and now just sends me pictures of the road from time to time.
I enjoyed Ward's quest a lot. It was great storytelling. Made me want to go back continue playing LA Noire (which is on hold until I finish this). I did have the option to kiss him while looking at the stars.

I pretty much did all of Panam's quest activities but I think my game is bugged. In the quest
Queen of the highway
I'm supposed to go and talk to her but she just sits in a tent and gives me 2 blue dialog options. Have tried after finishing some main story quests but it doesn't seem to trigger anything.

I feel like I'm almost done with the main quest but after aprox 35 hours I'm a bit disappointed. I've done all sidequests and gigs except for the high danger ones and the taxi AI. I guess I was expecting more content.

Higher street cred unlocks more content, also where you are in the main quest. By Act 3 and max street cred you should have access to all side content. The high danger ones will go down in danger as you level up, the game expects you to do these things when they hit moderate I feel, high danger or very high is pretty much the game's way of saying come back later. I guess some people might take it as a challenge but for me it usually means playing very cheesy, the challenge is still there at moderate.

A.Romero

Higher street cred unlocks more content, also where you are in the main quest. By Act 3 and max street cred you should have access to all side content. The high danger ones will go down in danger as you level up, the game expects you to do these things when they hit moderate I feel, high danger or very high is pretty much the game's way of saying come back later. I guess some people might take it as a challenge but for me it usually means playing very cheesy, the challenge is still there at moderate.

I'm lvl 30 something for streetcred.

I'm playing moderate quests only. There are about 3 or 4 quests and gigs that have high danger.

Still have to look around the map and get some of those blue and yellow icons like rescue missions. So far I just get into them if they are in the way.

I'm playing moderate quests only. There are about 3 or 4 quests and gigs that have high danger.

Still have to look around the map and get some of those blue and yellow icons like rescue missions. So far I just get into them if they are in the way.

Watch when you level up street cred, it will tell you what you've unlocked.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was at a gun dealer and V asks "any guns I should be keeping an eye out for?" and the guy responds "SOR-22" and talks about missing shipments. I was wandering the hills and found one, so I'm curious to take it back and see what he thinks.
Cyb-Arasaka.jpg

Look ma, I'm a prowler!

Watch when you level up street cred, it will tell you what you've unlocked.
Or go to your Inventory > Stats screen and see what each level gives you.

SJRB

Gold Member
ze5ernqg75661.jpg

Just a heads-up: volume 4 of Cyberpunk 2077 Radio is up on Spotify and the likes.

Seems to focus on Nina Kraviz since it "only" has 5 of her tracks.

1.Nina Kraviz & Bara Nova - Pilling In My Head 08:00
2.Nina Kraviz & Bara Nova - Delirium 2 14:53
3.Nina Kraviz & Bara Nova - Harm Sweaty Pit 13:46
4.Nina Kraviz & Bara Nova - My Lullaby For You 05:34
5.Nina Kraviz & Bara Nova - Surprise Me, I’m Surprised Today 05:58

ebevan91

Credits have rolled after about 77 hours. I left a lot of side jobs and gigs unfinished so I will have “new” stuff to do on my next playthrough. Was almost level 40. I was ready to finally get an ending so I wouldn’t have to be so careful trying to avoid spoilers anymore.

Hugare

I have NO idea what the game was trying to pull between my hetero male V and Kerry in the Boat Drinks mission but it wasn't very cash money.

I was just being a bro and offered to help him destroy that guy's yacht, then as I'm helping him take something apart, this extremely cringe moment happens. All of a sudden we're within kissing distance and then he tells me something along the lines of no thanks or not interested.

wsfh35W.gif

Excuse me? The feeling is quite mutual, yet the game acted like I was thirsty for the dude. What in the world... :pie_roffles:
Hahaha, something similar happened to me when I was doing River's quest

Felt like the line between romance/bromance was a little thin there in many moments, so felt awkward

Fanboy shit like this is so cringy

I'm loving the game, but c'mon. On more than capable hardware such as the PS5 the game is crashing like crazy.

Last edited:

Don Carlo

Queen of the highway

You do know there is a mod that allows you to have romance again with both without worrying about V's gender.

Hey, can anyone see Halo is Back Halo is Back 's post? For me it's a blank post, I thought maybe an image was taking a bit to load but still nothing.

Oh and on topic for the game... I found you can miss some funny Brendan stuff depending on when you visit the machine, you can visit it the first time before he has a marker and on one play through I got a funny exchange between him and the guy trying to repair him but on this play I just got a more mundane interaction between them. To me it's among the things I expect there would have been more of if the game had spent more time in dev... I mean more random encounters like Brendan, Garry the Prophet, the Buddhist Monk, etc... also more BD detective stuff and more shards you can decrypt. There's a lot of stuff the game throws at you that barely shows up again.

Oh and on topic for the game... I found you can miss some funny Brendan stuff depending on when you visit the machine, you can visit it the first time before he has a marker and on one play through I got a funny exchange between him and the guy trying to repair him but on this play I just got a more mundane interaction between them. To me it's among the things I expect there would have been more of if the game had spent more time in dev... I mean more random encounters like Brendan, Garry the Prophet, the Buddhist Monk, etc... also more BD detective stuff and more shards you can decrypt. There's a lot of stuff the game throws at you that barely shows up again.

You can miss the entire Brendan quest if you don't initiate it soon enough. I agree, there should be more dynamic and random stuff that can just happen as you explore the map. There's absolutely nothing dynamic in this game. Quests, encounters, NPCs, vehicle traffic, car chases, police system... everything is heavily scripted.

It's the most beautiful open world game ever created. It's also a perfect example of "look but don't touch" kind of world.

Loostreaks

Cut content. Bugged missions. Graphical glitches.

The game has problems that extend beyond capable hardware.
All games/movies have cut content, I've no idea why people are freaking about this. It could be something that turned out to be dull ( in the long run), or caused unexpected issues with other parts of the game. It's not like developers intentionally make some cool quest or gameplay mechanic and then for no reason decide to throw it into bin ( Hell, AAA always promote themselves based on size..."This will be biggest open world ever! Hundreds of hours of content!").
Nine out of ten times when you watch removed scenes from some movie, it really ends up being the right choice.

so one time after i loaded saved game my car was in air ... so then i jumped on it and landed on car and boom car landed on ground and i could use it again .

If you access the world map, while driving, a lot of times, you'll get flipped into the air. I do it all the time with my bike, you can do some really bat shit crazy movie stunts with it ( by doing complete flips, spinning it and landing). :messenger_sunglasses:
Wouldn't recommend it with any of the cars, though.

Antiochus

Not sure if this is the right thread to post, but since so many complained of excess independent threads devoted to Cyberpunk 2077, decided to post here instead to "consolidate". Mods feel free to move this post if warranted.

Currently have account in Epic Games Store, and am interested in playing an open world RPG. Now deciding between Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Both are games larger than life and both come with severe baggage of issues/controversies regarding quality, but both also sound very intriguing to explore and play. On Epic Games Store price of Valhalla is $50, while Cyberpunk 2077 $60. For those that have played (and ideally finished) both games, which one would you recommend?

Zheph

Not sure if this is the right thread to post, but since so many complained of excess independent threads devoted to Cyberpunk 2077, decided to post here instead to "consolidate". Mods feel free to move this post if warranted.

Currently have account in Epic Games Store, and am interested in playing an open world RPG. Now deciding between Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Both are games larger than life and both come with severe baggage of issues/controversies regarding quality, but both also sound very intriguing to explore and play. On Epic Games Store price of Valhalla is $50, while Cyberpunk 2077 $60. For those that have played (and ideally finished) both games, which one would you recommend?
Cyberpunk by a mile... but they are also vastly different in what they offer

First person or 3rd person?
The Witcher 3 or AC: Odyssey?
Guns, melee, hacking magic or melee + arrows?
Future or historicalof fantasy?

Answers favor the former? Cyberpunk
The latter? Valhalla.

Personally, you can't really go wrong with either if you're into open world games. Valhalla is more polished overall and surprised me with how much I enjoyed it but for me, Cyberpunk bests it easily in quests, story, dialogue, characters, music, combat and player freedom.

Night.Ninja

Banned

I have both, I haven't played valhalla in a while

Last edited:

scalman

found myself new friend. he was not very nice but really cool looking with big ass gun, we had some fun there..
z2188y3.png

qKtUuSM.png

nobody wanted drop weapon so we both shot everyone there , and then drove to sunsent...
A2keJBE.png

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I'm still salty they scrapped NCART system. Just imagine seeing this from the train as you leave Kabuki.

n0PIZWV.jpg

yep. a shame

TBH I think it was a good design choice... It wouldn't add much, apart from the views. You can drive a car everywhere anyway, and what they have for fast travel is much more functional. NCart system would obviously be limited to much less stations, and would not really be any faster than a car.

It would be a cool thing for them to say "look we have NCart system", but in a regular gameplay I don't think it would be used to much. So yea, all things considered, this seems like a reasonable thing to do...

Last edited:

Antiochus

First person or 3rd person?
The Witcher 3 or AC: Odyssey?
Guns, melee, hacking magic or melee + arrows?
Future or historicalof fantasy?

Answers favor the former? Cyberpunk
The latter? Valhalla.

Personally, you can't really go wrong with either if you're into open world games. Valhalla is more polished overall and surprised me with how much I enjoyed it but for me, Cyberpunk bests it easily in quests, story, dialogue, characters, music, combat and player freedom.
Both genres (science fiction and historical fantasy) are equally acceptable, no particular preference. Same with gameplay methods (guns, tech based weapons compared to pre-modern weapons). Perhaps I should provide the three main areas of concerns I have in general for open world RPGs, directed towards comparing Cyberpunk 2077 with Assassin's Creed Valhalla:

1. Which one has a better overall story?

2. Which one has more replayable value? i.e. you can derive almost the same amount of enjoyment starting all over again and using a completely different approach

3. Which one is has less bugs and is more stable? been hearing rather horrific stories on game breaking bugs for both games

Last edited:

Zheph

Both genres (science fiction and historical fantasy) are equally acceptable, no particular preference. Same with gameplay methods (guns, tech based weapons compared to pre-modern weapons). Perhaps I should provide the three main areas of concerns I have in general for open world RPGs, directed towards comparing Cyberpunk 2077 with Assassin's Creed Valhalla:

2. Which one has more replayable value? i.e. you can derive almost the same amount of enjoyment starting all over again and using a completely different approach

3. Which one is has less bugs and is more stable? been hearing rather horrific stories on game breaking bugs for both games
Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

AC:V

I would still recommend Cyberpunk depending on your machine, if its powerful enough the experience should be more than acceptable. I did it (both games actually) on PS5 and had a great time

Last edited:
TBH I think it was a good design choice... It wouldn't add much, apart from the views. You can drive a car everywhere anyway, and what they have for fast travel is much more functional. NCart system would obviously be limited to much less stations, and would not really be any faster than a car.

It would be a cool thing for them to say "look we have NCart system" in a regular gameplay I don't think it would be used to much. So yea, all things considered, this seems like a reasonable thing to do...
I disagree. Things like that add to immersion and the feeling of a living world. Night City supposed to be this super-realistic city of the future but ended up being a diorama. No buses. No taxis. No emergency services. No trains. No boats. No public service vehicles.

My first run was 113 hours with 0 fast travel. I would love to be able to use some kind of public transport when I wasn't feeling like driving. Not to save time but to take on the views and immerse myself in this amazing setting.

It was not a design decision because technically you could have both (instant fast travel + public transport). It was a time-saving decision.

MadYarpen

I disagree. Things like that add to immersion and the feeling of a living world. Night City supposed to be this super-realistic city of the future but ended up being a diorama. No buses. No taxis. No emergency services. No trains. No boats. No public service vehicles.

My first run was 113 hours with 0 fast travel. I would love to be able to use some kind of public transport when I wasn't feeling like driving. Not to save time but to take on the views and immerse myself in this amazing setting.

It was not a design decision because technically you could have both (instant fast travel + public transport). It was a time-saving decision.
Maybe. But again, all things considered, and I mean the situation they were in, it had to be done I guess.

if they were to patch some stuff back into game, I think there should be a lot on the list before NCart... better AI, police systems surely would add even more to the immersion.

I mean we would all like to have as many features as possible - but you cannot have them all so, in this case the priorities were set correctly, I think. It is a shame but I understand it.

harmny

Banned

It would be a cool thing for them to say "look we have NCart system", but in a regular gameplay I don't think it would be used to much. So yea, all things considered, this seems like a reasonable thing to do...

it was both a design and a time saving decision. when you are designing the core mechanics of the game you end up with things that are not really a priority and the ncart system is one of those. it would be great for immersion but that would be its only purpose. and most people probably wouldn't use it more than 1, 2 or 3 times. same with the apartments. people wanted a lot of apartments to buy. in 100 hours i went to my apartment maybe 3 times and i know people that never went back.

the amount of resources you have to spend on those systems versus the amount of people actually using them is the important point here. of course you can add those systems and smile when someone makes a "the amazing details of cyberpunk you never noticed" youtube video but you can't afford to add low priority mechanics when you need to finish the game first.

MadYarpen

it was both a design and a time saving decision. when you are designing the core mechanics of the game you end up with things that are not really a priority and the ncart system is one of those. it would be great for immersion but that would be its only purpose. and most people probably wouldn't use it more than 1, 2 or 3 times. same with the apartments. people wanted a lot of apartments to buy. in 100 hours i went to my apartment maybe 3 times and i know people that never went back.

the amount of resources you have to spend on those systems versus the amount of people actually using them is the important point here. of course you can add those systems and smile when someone makes a "the amazing details of cyberpunk you never noticed" youtube video but you can't afford to add low priority mechanics when you need to finish the game first.
Yeah that's what I meant, well put.

What Zheph said: CP2077, CP2077, Valhalla.

I think CP2077 has more developed and nuanced characters, much more variety in quests, a better overall story with higher aspirations and a variety of themes, and a much deeper world and lore that is there if you want to discover it (and you don't mind reading).

Combat: CP2077 no question for openness and options. You can fully stealth, talk, melee, hack or shoot your way through many side quests and smaller gigs, which nearly all have multiple routes of entry. Verticality has greater emphasis in CP2077 for me. I only went stealth in Valhalla if the game forced me. Both games suffer from becoming very OP towards the late middle/end but I'd rather feel powerful than spend time building a character than no name goons still standing toe to toe with me late game.

Bugs: Valhalla wins. In CP2077, I haven't had any gamebreaking bugs on PC but that's just me. I've had small issues like T-posing, hud elements (phone calls or in-game UI) getting frozen on screen and a handful of times one of my weapons wouldn't fire. All were fixed, except T-posing, by a reload or game restart. CP2077 loads faster than Valhalla for me, too. Sometimes in CP2077, audio for certain actions seems to disappear like running, not often but it happens. Physics can be wonky but that's par for the course in open world games. I've had maybe three or four crashes across both games.

Not a bug but I found the audio mix to be very poor in Valhalla (carried over from Odyssey and Origins strangely) whereas CP2077 sounds great. Full bass, punchy guns, good crunches, characters are clearly heard, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom