• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 pc settings & performance

yeah...raytracing matters.

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-02-31-21.png

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-10-01-38-32-63.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-10-01-07-16-97.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-15-06-48.png

dlss quality mode rtx 3070 i7 9700k RT psycho mode 1440p ultra settings

So i have a 2080 , 2700x and 32 Ram. Get about 60 on everything max (not psycho) without RTX. With Rtx it goes 20 or below. 3440x1440 . From what i see from others i should have better fps with rtx on so not sure what the problem is. (only tested on the club at the start).
better fps with RTX on? I think you misunderstood. Maybe you are talking about DSLL.

Anki

Banned
Cannot play it with my current PC, its running 20-30fps on lowest settings and resolution scaling to 50%.
Will wait until I get new CPU and GPU or get a next gen console.

b0uncyfr0

I posted in the OT but this might be more useful here :

Since we're still waiting for a proper PC Guide ; Ive tried some small changes (i did not find these, just asked around). These should actually make the experience much much better:

Performance (Nvidia mostly, sry AMD peeps):

- Get Windows ultimate performance - run cmd as admin -
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Disable all that Xbox Game Bar crap (it affects your fps alil)
- Use Texture Filtering in Performance (its too blurry to notice the diff anyway)
- Set Low Latency to On - This gave me a few more fps ( i dunno why)
- Game should be run As Admin and Disable optimizations
- Borderless seems to be abit better for me ( but im around 50 fps) - higher fps may vary.

Actual QOL (the good stuff) :

Use this mod so you dont have to Press F all the f*cking time - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30

Edit the UserSettings.json file at C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
Find the Antialiasing line and change it to)

Code:
                        "name": "AntiAliasing",
                        "type": "string_list",
                        "is_dynamic": true,
                        "value": "Off",
                        "index": 0,
                        "default_index": 1,
                        "values": [
                            "Off",
                            "High"
                        ]
                    },

This doesnt remove all the AA being applied in motion - but it does seem to reduce it by abit. Useful if you dont like blurry crap.

Set your back Mouse Button as the Esc button , so you dont have to press Esc all the time
Go to the cp2077 dir - r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
Fine these two lines ( <mapping name="UI_Esc_B_Circle" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" > ) and (<mapping name="back" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" > )
Add <button id="IK_Mouse4" /> and voila, back button does the job.

scalman

if RT matters to your game real big then you must have real big problems . i did 220 hrs in valhalla with leasue and i think what im doing here in cyberpunk 2077 for now in prologue at least.

Cherrypepsi

It's a crazy game and the first time I'm using DLSS.

I have an i7 4770k @ 4,4ghz with 8GB DDR3 and a RTX 2070 (April Covid upgrade) I never even planned to play Cyberpunk on this PC

HOWEVER....

it blows my mind what a game changer DLSS is.
Playing this on my OLED TV with RT on medium at 4k with performance DLSS i'm getting a comfortable 40 fps minimum,
medium/high settings, and it looks fantastic...

one of the weaker RTX cards in a 7 year old PC and I can actually enjoy this game

Not even mad anymore about the lack of consoles

PhoenixTank

Only AMD have crappy drivers though!
Pretty sure I have posts in my history about issues with Pascal drivers. One relating to Doom stuck out. Fixed one annoying issue from a previous driver set, but bollocked up Doom with Vulkan in that next set. Rarely upgraded drivers without a specific need since then, and always noted down a last "good" driver. Less of a problem with Pascal being 2 gens old now... and yet this issue.
They do tend to fix issues a bit faster (hence my expectation of a hotfix), but that probably comes down to relative levels of tech debt & available budget.

Thanks for the heads up :messenger_bicep:

So far I haven't experienced this issue personally.
Swap your 1080Ti for mine? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It was on the desktop for me and I rolled back before Cyberpunk had finished downloaded - no idea if it was an in game issue too. Annoying, though.

TIGERCOOL

So i have a 2080 , 2700x and 32 Ram. Get about 60 on everything max (not psycho) without RTX. With Rtx it goes 20 or below. 3440x1440 . From what i see from others i should have better fps with rtx on so not sure what the problem is. (only tested on the club at the start).
are you using dlss?

Interesting CPU results

It looks like CP scales up to 12 cores and 6/12 cpus outside of fastest overclocked models from Intel and 5600X suffer

I’m on a i3-10100 (4 core) gaming locked at ~60 FPS. Performance is acceptable. Drops below 60 have my 2080 TI at 99% usage so it’s not really held back by my CPU.

And it looks like scaling pretty much stops at 8 core tbh. 12 core looks pointless. 6 core looking pretty good, however

Last edited:

Denton

Does controller vibration work for anyone? Xbone controller specifically.

- No downsampling. For a full price triple A game, this should be standard by now. You have to use a custom resolution to make it work, making it blurrier (depending on the quality of your monitor)

DSR works on my end. It is kinda strange, like the game seems not to do anything (no visible switch with fade to black etc when switching resolutions). But I can see the graphics improve and RTSS overlay gets smaller.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Is anyone else having issues where the controller moves slowly before speeding up to full speed?
This happens to me all the time, if I move the stick all the way to the right for example it moves slowly for like a sec before speeding up it's really annoying...

reektann

Is anyone else having issues where the controller moves slowly before speeding up to full speed?
This happens to me all the time, if I move the stick all the way to the right for example it moves slowly for like a sec before speeding up it's really annoying...

i think I read somewhere to go into the controls in the menu then show advanced options and then the horizontal and vertical turning bonus to 0 - then adjust your horizontal and vertical sensitivity up a little if you need to.

It's a setting you can adjust under Controls. I think I changed the 'curve' for horizontal and vertical to 0. Edit: Or maybe it was the turning bonus that R reektann mentioned.

Also, my smooth performance was a lie. Didn't realize DLSS was on 'auto'. If I turn it off, my fps drops down into the 30s and 40s. That's at 1440p, ultra settings (no 'psycho') on a 3080.

Last edited:

bargeparty

Should be a toggle for Advanced Options under the controls, there are "ramp up" settings

Vlodril

are you using dlss?

I am using Dlss. Even on performance it doesn't help that much. On ultra performance or whatever its called it gets above 30-40 but the quality isn't great.

I can do without RTX the game is very pretty as is i am just wondering why my pc's performance seems to be worse than other people with similar specs.

Anyone figure out how to skip the intro logos/videos on startup? (GOG copy) I poked around trying to find where the video files are located, with the plan being to rename or delete the files, but didn't have any luck.

Phatzo

Neo Member
anybody ran this game on a gtx 1660 ti ?
I have as well. I am running a 1660 ti, with 16GB of ram. My processor is a i5-9400F and the game is stored on my PCIe WD 256GB boot drive.

I have had no issues really except when I tried to push to true 4K at 3840x2160. At that resolution, I was getting around 20 fps On all high settings. Very laggy as well. I am currently running almost everything at ultra, hdr, and I have the Dynamic FidelityFX cas turned on and minimum of 80 resolution and a maximum of 100. Target frames is 60FPS. I am running at 60fps no dips and this game looks phenomena! FidelityFX works for Nvidia cards if your card does not support Ray Tracing. (FidelityFX= Poor Mans DLSS)

b0bbyJ03

Does anyone know how to get spatial audio? I don’t see a setting for it and I can tell I’m not getting it in game (PC). I have Dolby Atmos for headphones set to on in windows 10 but I can tell I’m not getting 3D audio. It’s just mixing the Stereo feed.

MadYarpen

uh it seems my CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. Shit. If it goes like that I'll be able to put together a second PC.

Ryzen 5 2600
16GB ddr4 @3200
RX6800

3440x1440p

I use high preset with SSR bumped up to ultra. I can get anything between 30 fps and 70 fps. Anything above 45-50 feels nice smooth thanks to the freesync.

But here is the curious thing:
klPax2i.jpg

The biggest frame drops, and I mean those which I can feel, happen when GPU is far from 100%. It can be even 30fps and GPU at 60%. Usually they happen when there is a big crowd. I just got out of my apartment, so I didn't see a lot, but it starts to look consistent. I got massive frame drop (55-60 -> 28 for a sec, then 30-40) when exiting the building to that square, and had around 40 fps in lizzies bar where there also are a lot of people.

Am I right to assume it is actually the CPU not up to the task? Could even be that I would be able to increase the settings with a better CPU? Even if not and it would just give me more stable FPS, this is kind of surprising for me tbh.

IDKFA IDKFA as promissed - maybe that RX6800 is not that bad.

Last edited:

Schmitty

Running stable at 60 FPS and 1080p on a 5600xt and Ryzen 2600x. Game is installed on an NvMe drive. Surprised to hear so many complaints about performance.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Bought the steam version. 3080 and 3700x here.
I am running 4k with performance DLSS. Setting preset set to ultra and not touched any individual settings.
hovering around 50fps during whole streetkid 1st chapter. Seems about right ? Without any DLSS, it's 20fps
What I can add is that performance is so stable, that my 40 to 60hz freesync monitor does the job

edit: And that 3080 is running like 78c with 2000rpm fans in a well ventialted p600s case. It's still not very loud but loudest my pc have been

Last edited:
Everything maxed except for Screen Space Reflection Quality, that is at Ultra not Psycho.

Getting 35 fps steadily at 3840x1080. If I turn that up FPS drops to 22-25.

Turned off CA and film grain because I don't hate my eyes. (attached screenshot is prior to changes)

Ryzen 7 3700x
32 GB of RAM
8 GB 5700xt
KMeyWWN.jpg

Last edited:
I think Intel downgraded i5 to essentially i3 when they introduced i9. i7 is the new normal for gaming.

But also, that guy has a totally ripped system, but a cheap CPU.
Cheap AND performant :messenger_winking:

i7s are overrated especially since they cut out SMT from the 9700K.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about Ray tracing. The game's lighting is beautiful with or without it. I will take the performance gain without RT and enjoy my smooth gameplay.

Vaelka

i think I read somewhere to go into the controls in the menu then show advanced options and then the horizontal and vertical turning bonus to 0 - then adjust your horizontal and vertical sensitivity up a little if you need to.

Thanks, that solved it!

waylo

Banned
Someone on Reddit made an observation. Theoretically, if we're using RT reflections, what's the point in having SSR on at all? I turned SSR completely off and my reflections seem to look better just using ray tracing?

Bought the steam version. 3080 and 3700x here.
I am running 4k with performance DLSS. Setting preset set to ultra and not touched any individual settings.
hovering around 50fps during whole streetkid 1st chapter. Seems about right ? Without any DLSS, it's 20fps
What I can add is that performance is so stable, that my 40 to 60hz freesync monitor does the job

edit: And that 3080 is running like 78c with 2000rpm fans in a well ventialted p600s case. It's still not very loud but loudest my pc have been

You can try dropping volumetric fog , cascaded shadows and screen space reflections a bit for extra bit of performance.

And yeah it's making my 3080 much hotter than anything else :)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
uh it seems my CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. Shit. If it goes like that I'll be able to put together a second PC.

Ryzen 5 2600
16GB ddr4 @3200
RX6800

3440x1440p

I use high preset with SSR bumped up to ultra. I can get anything between 30 fps and 70 fps. Anything above 45-50 feels nice smooth thanks to the freesync.

But here is the curious thing:
klPax2i.jpg

The biggest frame drops, and I mean those which I can feel, happen when GPU is far from 100%. It can be even 30fps and GPU at 60%. Usually they happen when there is a big crowd. I just got out of my apartment, so I didn't see a lot, but it starts to look consistent. I got massive frame drop (55-60 -> 28 for a sec, then 30-40) when exiting the building to that square, and had around 40 fps in lizzies bar where there also are a lot of people.

Am I right to assume it is actually the CPU not up to the task? Could even be that I would be able to increase the settings with a better CPU? Even if not and it would just give me more stable FPS, this is kind of surprising for me tbh.

IDKFA IDKFA as promissed - maybe that RX6800 is not that bad.

Wow. Thanks.

Certainly gives me something to think about. I can budget a 6800 or a 3070. I was thinking of the 3060ti, but if I have the money why not go for something with a little more power.

Not that it matters at the moment anyway with most of these new cards being out of stock 😑

FireFly

Someone on Reddit made an observation. Theoretically, if we're using RT reflections, what's the point in having SSR on at all? I turned SSR completely off and my reflections seem to look better just using ray tracing?
If the reflected objects are in view of the camera, then it saves performance to use SSR instead.

TheKratos

RTX 2080TI. Playing on 4k, everything on ultra (not psycho) except the first three shadow options which I put on medium. Also I turned off volmetric fog because I hate it and put volumetric clouds on medium.

RTX on ultra all options on. DLSS performance. FPS is around 45 with dips to 37ish. I'm a 60fps guy but fir this game I'm ok with this, I need my RTX.

MadYarpen

Wow. Thanks.

Certainly gives me something to think about. I can budget a 6800 or a 3070. I was thinking of the 3060ti, but if I have the money why not go for something with a little more power.

Not that it matters at the moment anyway with most of these new cards being out of stock 😑
I don't know man... If I had a working g-sync monitor I'd take 3070. But I don't, and I know it can have problems with 3070 so I bought 6800. That is the main reason, I don't think 8GB will be problem with this resolution any time soon.

But yeah, they are out of stock anyway. So it may be that I'll buy a new CPU and post updated performance of this card before you decide.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
If the reflected objects are in view of the camera, then it saves performance to use SSR instead.
But I don't think it's using whatever costs less in any given scenario. It's using them both on top of each other. So wouldn't it be best to just disable SSR if you're using ray tracing?

Ascend

Pretty sure I have posts in my history about issues with Pascal drivers. One relating to Doom stuck out. Fixed one annoying issue from a previous driver set, but bollocked up Doom with Vulkan in that next set. Rarely upgraded drivers without a specific need since then, and always noted down a last "good" driver. Less of a problem with Pascal being 2 gens old now... and yet this issue.
They do tend to fix issues a bit faster (hence my expectation of a hotfix), but that probably comes down to relative levels of tech debt & available budget.
It wasn't aimed at you specifically, but the general sentiment that is seen pretty much everywhere.

I can't believe this game is putting the supposed future proof 4k cards like 3080 to their knees. Bad optimization?
Nope. These cards are actually still too weak to run RT decently, unless you're targeting 1080p, maybe 1440p native in certain cases.

Zug

3700x / 2070S : 1080p everything + RT psycho + DLSS performance = 60fps most of the time.
Slightly blurry/artifacted picture but the lightning makes up for it, and stills look good on a 1080p TV. Stellar visuals overall.

Game still loading or about 1450frames into the game (11fps at a time).
Let me know when you try the game, brother has my old 1050ti, would be nice to know if it runs at all.

Only tested for circa one hour. In 720p with low preset at 30fps and v-sync on and set at 30fps too. It seems perfectly playable. Granted, thats not how you are supposed to play the game but still. Locked, smooth 30 fps for what is worth. I was getting mid temps so I think I could have even bumped some settings up/maybe rise the resolution to 900p.

Top Bottom