• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daisy Ridley Thought Rey’s Parentage Was Revealed in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I left the theater thinking she was Palpatine's daughter because of the way she fought with the saber. She used all the same techniques he did during his duels with Yoda and Windu.

But the more time has passed and with Kenobi's voice being in her vision. ; I'd imagine she's a Kenobi.

sphagnum

Banned
The sequence of events that lead Luke to Leia didn't start with anything Force related

You're thinking too technically. This is mythology. The Force could very easily guide the droids into the hands of the Jawas so that they arrive at Owen's home.

They even play with the concept in Lost Stars, where two non-Force sensitive characters keep meeting over and over.

firelogic

I still think she's Han/Leia daughter. It's the only way this story has some weight. Fighting your evil cousin doesn't have as much weight as fighting your evil, irredeemable brother.

Yeah I get what you're saying but then both of them completely erased their daughter from their memories? They talk about their son and losing him but fail to mention they also lost a daughter? Did Luke Jedi mind trick them into forgetting about Rey?

I don't know. I left the theater thinking she was Palpatine's daughter because of the way she fought with the saber. She used all the same techniques he did during his duels with Yoda and Windu.

But the more time has passed and with Kenobi's voice being in her vision. ; I'd imagine she's a Kenobi.

She's way too young.

sphagnum

Banned

She's used to fighting with a staff, that's why she thrusts with the blade.

Interestingly, Palpatine did speak during her Force vision.

You're thinking too technically. This is mythology. The Force could very easily guide the droids into the hands of the Jawas so that they arrive at Owen's home.

They even play with the concept in Lost Stars, where two non-Force sensitive characters keep meeting over and over.

However you want to explain it, I didn't like it and wish Star Wars had less of these contrived family relations

This is what I hope. Everyone being connected shrinks the universe in my opinion.

Star Wars has always been a story about a particular family. It's one of its greatest strengths.

"And then an unrelated nobody showed up and fixed everything!"

Yeah no thanks.

She's used to fighting with a staff, that's why she thrusts with the blade.

Interestingly, Palpatine did speak during her Force vision.

It makes sense; it just came off very familiar because no one else fought like that with a saber, so it stuck out to me.

She's way too young.

Maybe's Granddaughter is more appropriate. But, she just reminded me of him while fighting. It's very unlikely. But Star Wars wasn't afraid to clone Palpatine over and over before.

There's no reveal that doesn't make the "mystery" dumb

Luke's a deadbeat

Leia/Han are shit tier parents

Ben Konobi has some kid we never heard of whose a shitbag for leaving their daughter alone on a planet

She's just some orphan? Well what was all that mystery about? nothing? Jesus JJ.

She's Wedges kid? Wow Wedge is a real piece of shit for leaving his daughter like that. What was all that mystery about? Nothing? Jesus JJ.

Sephzilla

Yoda and Luke also had dialogue in that vision plus you hear Vader breathing. Obi Wan isn't the only voice in that vision. Also, what's the common traight with all of those characters? They're either Skywalkers or people who trained the Skywalkers.

Rey is a Skywalker

Is leia a trained Jedi? Is she going to bust some heads with her powers in the next movie? Surely Luke would have taught her some stuff.

Is leia a trained Jedi? Is she going to bust some heads with her powers in the next movie? Surely Luke would have taught her some stuff.

No. Think JJ said she's still force sensitive, of course.

Yoda and Luke also had dialogue in that vision plus you hear Vader breathing. Obi Wan isn't the only voice in that vision. Also, what's the common traight with all of those characters? They're either Skywalkers or trained the Skywalkers.

Rey is a Skywalker

You hear Luke?

sphagnum

Banned

Luke trained her to some degree but she decided to stick with politics. As far as we yet know, she did not become a full fledged Jedi in the new canon.

sphagnum

Banned
Care to elaborate? Is it stated in some books or something?

She meditates in Life Debt to calm herself down after a dispute with Mothma using techniques Luke taught her and is able to feel baby Ben in her womb through the Force for the first time. However, by the time of Bloodline (5 or 6 years before TFA) she is a prominent Populist senator and not involved with Luke's Jedi.

It's established she's "special"when Kylo is interrogating her and something pisses him off.
She's either a Skywalker or another chosen one.

At least the family dynamic could generate some really intense scenes like the end of RotJ.

Yoda and Luke also had dialogue in that vision plus you hear Vader breathing. Obi Wan isn't the only voice in that vision. Also, what's the common traight with all of those characters? They're either Skywalkers or people who trained the Skywalkers.

Rey is a Skywalker

The only person to directly speak TO her is Kenobi. They even brought back Ewan!

I would literally rather have her be a reincarnation of Anakin than her be Luke's daughter. And I despise the reincarnation theory.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What was the name of the "badass" female stormtrooper general that was in the film for like 5 minutes and literally did nothing but surrender?

I bet that's her mom.

She meditates in Life Debt to calm herself down after a dispute with Mothma using techniques Luke taught her and is able to feel baby Ben in her womb through the Force for the first time. However, by the time of Bloodline (5 or 6 years before TFA) she is a prominent Populist senator and not involved with Luke's Jedi.

Lame. I was hoping we'd get some Leia force badassery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom