• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central |OT| Kinect's Killer App?

Lothars

I would like to try Dance Central, it does seem like it's a really great game but I probably will wait and see.

Kafel

Banned
Lothars said:
I would like to try Dance Central, it does seem like it's a really great game but I probably will wait and see.

Kinect Adventures (the bundled game) will come with a demo of DC.

I haven't read up on this game, but it looks awesome. One question from all the videos I've seen. If you as a player mess up consecutively does the avatar stop or it just keep on going dancing like its oblivious to you?

gluv65 said:
I haven't read up on this game, but it looks awesome. One question from all the videos I've seen. If you as a player mess up consecutively does the avatar stop or it just keep on going dancing like its oblivious to you?

It's like a note highway in Rock Band. It won't stop.

Chairhome

gluv65 said:
Its better to think off it this way : the avatar shows you what you're supposed to be doing, not what you might be doing. So yeah, it will keep going.

gluv65 said:

It keeps going. It's a mirrored image of what you're doing. When you mess up on something, it will highlight on the character which part you're not getting right (so if you're not getting the right arm motion right, it will highlight it in red). The character itself never stops though.

dejay

Banned
A feature this game really needs is facial recognition to help with "white man dance face" - the phenomenon where white guys can't dance without pulling this face...
VG2vo.jpg

The on screen characters face should turn red, along with his arms and legs, if he starts to pull this face. If this was implemented I believe a lot of WMDF can be eliminated and more white brothers could get laid.

AstroLad said:
I wasn't hating at all. Just a fanciful way of saying that the only way I wouldn't get Kinect -- a product I don't really want independently of Dance Central -- is if Dance Central gets horrible reviews. So I was cheekily "wishing" that Dance Central got those horrible reviews to save me from myself.

I don't get this it is like people saying they want rockband but don't want all the plastic instruments. Rb launch at 199 if I recall or 150 either way. ... For 200 bucks you get camera that work on several games and 2games.

2San

The Lamonster said:
This is the only thing that makes me want Kinect. But at the price for the hardware and this software, totally not worth it.
Dunno why this guy got banned, but this totally expresses my feelings on this game. Though I'm okay with full price on the software.

Shurs said:
Are you normally a dancing game fan?
I've never bought one previously, but enjoy them at arcades, especially with my girlfriend.
I'm a terrible dancer, it's the only time I really bother to actually try.

Played it at Gamescom and loved it.

Chairhome

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't think anything's been announced, but it was mentioned somewhere I think. It'll be slower than Rock B'nd because of the work involved, but it is coming.
hoping at least the janet jackson track is available since its an incentive if you buy it at best buy...

Chairhome said:
hoping at least the janet jackson track is available since its an incentive if you buy it at best buy...

Eventually the Rock Band Pearl Jam Box Set tracks hit the regular store so I wouldn't be surprised.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I'm going to wait for the review of this game so i decide if i buy Kinect or not. Don't dissapoint please.

FrankT

Gary Whitta said:
Is there any launch DLC?

Supposed to be;

Dance Central will feature downloadable content beginning Nov. 4, 2010. Each song will not only deliver fresh music, but also completely new routines that will keep dance parties going for months to come.

Gary Whitta said:
Reviews should start appearing tonight, yes?

12 EST yea

Vizion28

Banned
Looks like fun. But money is tight right now. I don't even have a 360 so it would cost me $350+ for the whole cha-bang. I'll probably just get Just Dance 2. Or perhaps I should wait until Just Dance 3 comes out when Ubisoft finally realizes they need to bundle it with a motion cam?

Okay. No DLC as of this evening. You start on only Easy, and only the first two of songs unlocked.

It's actually a little tricky already since you don't know the moves, but, not too bad, because I have ill rhythm.

:D

Top Bottom