• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central Spotlight launches Sept. 2 on Xbox One for $9.99

Dance Central Spotlight, the latest entry in Harmonix Music System's motion-controlled music franchise, will be released Sept. 2 on Xbox One, the studio announced today.

The title will be available digitally through the Xbox Games Store for $9.99, and will come with the following 10 songs:

Avicii - "Wake Me Up"
Cher Lloyd - "I Wish"
David Guetta ft. Sia - "Titanium"
Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz - "Talk Dirty"
Kid Ink ft. Chris Brown - "Show Me"
Lorde - "Royals"
OneRepublic - "Counting Stars"
Pharrell Williams - "Happy"
Rihanna - "Diamonds"
Will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber - "#thatPOWER"

Players can get started with that list of hits, and then augment Dance Central Spotlight's soundtrack by purchasing additional downloadable songs; more than 50 will be available at launch, with "many, many more to come," according to Harmonix. The studio has confirmed five of those add-on tracks so far: "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities, "Next To Me" by Emeli Sandé, "I Love It" by Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX, "Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)" by Lana Del Rey and "Love Shack" by The B-52's. And any songs that were previously purchased for the three Dance Central titles on Xbox 360 will be available free for Spotlight owners, once Harmonix brings those tracks to Xbox On

Polygon

DLC is "expected" to be $1.99 for DCS

nickchester: @TA_Matrarch Not in the announce, but it’s expected to be $1.99 a song!

Which is a decent price?

And some of the first DLC:

But consider that just a foundation to a house that rockin’ moves can build, because from there, players can customize their soundtrack with more than 50 additional chart-topping hits, available in the game’s Music Store on launch day. These include:

The B-52’s – “Love Shack”
Capital Cities – “Safe and Sound”
Emeli Sandé – “Next To Me”
Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX – “I Love It”
Lana Del Rey – “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)”

Add-on content from previously purchased versions of Dance Central for Xbox 360 are Spotlight-compatible, and easily loaded into the forthcoming game. And on top of that, Dance Central Spotlight features an expanded Fitness Mode, with special dance routines authored to focus on strength and cardio.
So, get your groove on!

Via Xbox Wire

manual4

Banned
fuck yes, love the series and fantastic price aswell. I am guessing they used many assets from the 360 version to make a competent package for the xbox one, which probably didn't cost allot and allowed them to lower entry price

Krakn3Dfx

No room for this while we're downgraded to an apartment, but good price, look forward to it once we're in a house again.

Wow, that's a really good value. Previous DC players having access to their songs is awesome as well. I hope this game does alright.

Sydle

Right up there with Sunset Overdrive as my most anticipated. I played the other Dance Central games daily until I got bored of the playlists. Glad to hear they have found a way to get more songs out faster.

Krejlooc

Banned
I'll pick itup because, why not, I love harmonix, the previous dance central games were fun, and I guess I already have kinect 2, plus its only $10.

oti

Banned
Wow, that sounds awesome! If I had an Xbox One, I'd definitely get this. They also should sell some "fitness" dances and make it a fitness App as well.

T.O.P

Banned
How the fuck do you dance to Royals? Twitch like a maniac?

big.gif

And any songs that were previously purchased for the three Dance Central titles on Xbox 360 will be available free for Spotlight owners, once Harmonix brings those tracks to Xbox On
Setting a precedent for Rock Band 4!?

Ozone

I was expecting $15, but $10 is a great surprise! I'm absolutely in for this, especially for "I Wish". That song is my jam.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
fuck yes, love the series and fantastic price aswell. I am guessing they used many assets from the 360 version to make a competent package for the xbox one, which probably didn't cost allot and allowed them to lower entry price

I don't want to say we didn't use any assets from previous games (because things like move Flashcard, etc. obviously count), but Spotlight was really build from the floor up for Xbox One. New engine, new character models, new venues, some new scoring/multiplier mechanics, totally redone UI, etc. :)

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Hmm I wonder if there is a special deal for the whole thing.

There's not really a "whole thing," at least not in the sense that you could look at the retail disc of DC3 as a "whole thing." The game is inexpensive and comes with a small soundtrack intentionally -- to give players the choice to build whatever soundtrack they want. While DC3 came with 40+ songs, it was also a full retail priced game. We'll have a TON of DLC songs available from the game, so you can pick and choose tracks to build your game/library up. Much of the DLC will be completely new (current charting songs, etc.), but we'll also be releasing the DLC we sold for DC1, DC2, and DC3... and if you already purchased those songs on 360, you'll be able to download them to Spotlight for no extra charge. HURRAY.

manual4

Banned
I don't want to say we didn't use any assets from previous games (because things like move Flashcard, etc. obviously count), but Spotlight was really build from the floor up for Xbox One. New engine, new character models, new venues, some new scoring/multiplier mechanics, totally redone UI, etc. :)

well done then

GoldenA

Will there be new dance moves for the cross over songs?

Alx

I don't even know most of the songs in OP (must be getting old :( ), but I'll definitely consider buying the game if there is enough content I like.
With that said, I should also go back Just Dance 2014... before 2015 releases. :/

Microsoft should subsidize that cost and include the game with every version of Xbox with Kinect. In fact they should have pushed to get this as a launch title and done the same thing.

Edit: Now that I think about it MS might already be subsidizing the cost.

And any songs that were previously purchased for the three Dance Central titles on Xbox 360 will be available free for Spotlight owners, once Harmonix brings those tracks to Xbox One
So I guess this means they will need to have that code import process setup soon for DC3?

Well played harmonix. I would have skipped this if it was anything more then 10$ but I think I can justify the price to spend a couple more drunk nights dancing in front of camera

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I really like this pricing model and I hope they adapt it for the next Rock Band title (which is coming, right?!?).

Definitely picking this up.

Well played harmonix. I would have skipped this if it was anything more then 10$ but I think I can justify the price to spend a couple more drunk nights dancing in front of camera

Oh yeah. 10 bucks is an absolute no brainer for me. I like the fact that it being inexpensive, I won't feel bad about purchasing individual songs later.

Top Bottom