• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc coming to PC via Steam in February

Meia

The main dialogue is as far as I remember. I gotta replay it myself to make sure though.

Yeah, all the dialogue in every trial is fully voiced. The other stuff is more rarely.

Really happy this is coming to steam. This will be the third time I bought it, but will happily do so. Now to await DR2... :D

HGH

Banned
No, the investigations aren't voiced either, they just play various sound clips for characters.

I wonder how they're gonna price it, if they fuck up it'll bomb hard.

Javier

I always wanted to play this but didn't want a Vita just for it. This is perfect.

I loved the Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games. I should enjoy this, right?

PC before PS4? That's surprising.

Not that much. Steam is inexistant in Japan. PS4 version of 1+2 is happening later for two reasons:
-They want to build hype for V3 close to release.
-They need 1 and 2 PC port to be done first before its ready for PS4.

The Steam port exist just for the sake of West.

This game always intrigued me, but I never got around playing it, as I don't own a Sony portable device.

I hope they don't price it much above 20 $/€ though.

Cool to see it coming to Steam. Will be interesting to see whether or not the assets are properly updated or if it's just going to be some kind of straight port.

Shizuka

They probably had a deal with NISA in order to take ownership of the localization two years after the american release, since this was released for the Vita, in the West, two years ago from February.

DukeBobby

Hoping for a mod to remove some of the shite minigames.

If the sequel comes to PC, getting rid of "Improved" Hangman's Gambit is an absolute priority.

Yasumi

Banned
It'd be neat if this resulted in people cracking the Dangan engine wide open and being able to create their own class trials. Of course there'd be a ton of poorly made crap, but someone might come up with a really cool, original trial.

daevious

It'd be neat if this resulted in people cracking the Dangan engine wide open and being able to create their own class trials. Of course there'd be a ton of poorly made crap, but someone might come up with a really cool, original trial.

I'd never thought about it, but I'd be down for fan-trials all the way.

Watched the trailer and i have no idea what this game is about

Is it like Phoenix Wright or something?
Yeah, kinda similar. The trials are similar but more involving. The story and characters are also very good for the most part. Also like AA it is split up into chapters.

Wow, that actually sounds like it could be a cool idea. I'd be interested in seeing what people are able to come up with here.

kewlmyc

Screenshots are at Vita's resolution,not a great sign:

ss_21a55b3b768eeb3ee0310e5114e7f505407108e7.jpg

ss_7594a9dd57f97b425b23fbc2fd32b1f7f06dec43.jpg

It's probably a straight port, which honestly is fine for a VN.

I just ask that the out in mouse control for the trials.

Azuran

Banned
I just bought the second one for my Vita and plan to do double dip on this one. This series deserves all of my love.

Trying to decide if I want to get this on steam or vita, I didn't care much for Dangan 1 (played it patched) but want to experience the dub before playing the sequel. I like me some physical games but the dangans keep getting deep discounts on psn, hmm

Sora_N

I just bought the first game on PSN. Debated for a few days...

If it's as good as everyone says then its great that Steam users can play too.

TimmiT

The system requirements:
MINIMUM:
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or better
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.2 or DirectX 9.0c compatible GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 5 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.2 or DirectX 9.0c compatible GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 6 GB available space

Why does a game that was made for PSP need 3GB of RAM and 1GB of VRAM on PC?

I get that it's probably based on the Vita version but even then the system requirements shouldn't be that high.

The system requirements:

Why does a game that was made for PSP need 3GB of RAM and 1GB of VRAM on PC?

I get that it's probably based on the Vita version but even then the system requirements shouldn't be that high.

System requirements doesnt mean if its below it wont run. Its basically the smallest PC they could test the game on. You can bet it'll run on Atom tablets with 1gb of ram.

Top Bottom