• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Cody_D165

Banned
Well shit... I don't own a DS myself, I can borrow it off my friends but there lies the problem, I live in Hong Kong and AFAIK the DS is region locked, all my friends have the Japanese DS which presumably can only play the Japanese version of 999, unfortunately I don't speak Japanese.

How about just watching a YouTube playthrough of 999? Would that be enough?

Sorry for going off-topic.

The standard DS is not region locked, only 3DS consoles. You should be good with a Japanese DS if you can get your hands on a copy.

A YouTube playthough would be a last resort thing. If it were any other game I would tell you go right ahead, but without revealing spoilers, there are moments in 999 that are simply not possible on any medium but a physical DS console.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit... I don't own a DS myself, I can borrow it off my friends but there lies the problem, I live in Hong Kong and AFAIK the DS is region locked, all my friends have the Japanese DS which presumably can only play the Japanese version of 999, unfortunately I don't speak Japanese.

How about just watching a YouTube playthrough of 999? Would that be enough?

Sorry for going off-topic.

There is a decent let's play for 999, but there is something special about the game you can only experience if you've played it by yourself on a DS. So if you really have no choice you could look into that, but you'd miss some of the magic that happens.

http://lparchive.org/999-Nine-Hours-Nine-Persons-Nine-Doors/

Dantis

The art style for this is kind of janky, but I'm still looking forward to the game.

Amazing that NISA are releasing it the same week in the EU as the US. Props to them.

Uh, what?

You didn't know already? XD

How did it take you so long to figure it out? You should be able to tell by looking at her.

Well I thought it was odd that he she had a skirt....but I always just assumed she was male.

My mind has already been officially blown - and I don&#8217;t even have the damn game yet! >_<

Dude, she's total waifu material. Come on.

lol I had this exact same reaction when I played the game

Just look at her. #1 waifu material ;)

Oh God. Her as my waifu!? She'd completely crush me.
Pass.

I hope those of us that have already played the PSP version have done a good enough job getting everyone excited for this. It's one of those rare quirky Japanese games like 999 that come from nowhere and surpass all your expectations.

Hopefully NIS will ship my limited edition copy out soon, I really want to dive into the school life mode and see all the character interactions.

As someone who knows pretty much zero about the plot/characters, here are my thoughts/predictions:

Characters I don’t think I’ll like:

1HG16s2.png

GGtFhTR.png

cpeA4ae.png

4pTDpWP.png

Characters I think I’ll really like:

KBLg6Nq.png

7La39Z7.png

wpgdzHG.png

dMDl2ME.png

NP1zSnV.png

Characters I am suspicious of:

88tJke8.png

KBLg6Nq.png

1HG16s2.png

sil1cUy.png

27XcOUG.png

Characters Lists...
One thing pretty much every person I've talked to and every review I've read says that this game has a very direct tendency to lure you into thinking you have people figured out, and then totally turning that on its head.

It should be interesting to see how everyone feels after they've played.

Can't wait. Hope this game is successful!
It's already doing better than expected in pre-sales according to NISA, and it's reviewing very well, so that's a good sign.

NISA also has a press event two days after the release, and many people, myself included, are hoping they pull a Bamco and confirm the release of Super DanganRonpa 2 at that time.

Ridley327

Got the LE coming next week. This is the first NISA-published game I've willingly purchased for myself, and certainly the first one that's appealed to my interests. I haven't read that much up on the game, so I'm sure I'm in for a grand old time.

More people should make a character list....it'll be fun to look back.

This is going to be fun seeing you progress through the game.

Heh....I bet. The 999 and VLR OT's were damn amazing to post in.

One thing pretty much every person I've talked to and every review I've read says that this game has a very direct tendency to lure you into thinking you have people figured out, and then totally turning that on its head.

It should be interesting to see how everyone feels after they've played.

I'd heard that too in a review....it's really good news. That's why I threw in a couple of characters that seem a little too normal or too innocent looking. I've learnt not to trust anyone simply by playing the Zero Escape games.

So your suspicious of yourself?

Yes. A twist like that has been done recently.

I'm not going to name the game for spoilers...

You say as if that's a bad thing.

Snoo snoo is one hell of a way to go.

Reading this and looking at your avatar literally made me LOL.

I hope you&#8217;re happy. I&#8217;ve got water all over my monitor now! : /

You'll come to realize how wrong you were!

Nice! Maybe he'll end up being my favourite? :D

Capell

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah it is kind of amazing how it plays with your expectations just to throw you off guard. I think the artstyle plays really well into that by adding a certain craziness vibe to it.

Maybe I'll replay it along with the release, although i finished it fairly recent and still remember too much about the plot.

You'll be in for a treat! ;)

Judging just from looks.

Those that I could trust:
88tJke8.png

ShvyiFL.png

sil1cUy.png

xsIcXcV.png

Prime suspects:
KBLg6Nq.png

1HG16s2.png

7La39Z7.png

wpgdzHG.png

27XcOUG.png

GGtFhTR.png

dMDl2ME.png

cpeA4ae.png

yGxAOTV.png

4pTDpWP.png

NP1zSnV.png

Can't wait to be totally wrong and off base on all of them. Alliances will either be forged or decimated.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't trust any of em. Except maybe the girl with the pink ribbon

Multiple suspects. Highly doubt there is only one killer.

Can't wait to be wrong of course haha.

Oh that's pretty obvious. With my list when I say I'm suspicious of them I'm talking more about them actually being the master mind behind everything.

I'm already loving all the theories and sense of mystery going on in this thread - it'll be really interesting to see how right
or wrong
I am. Dis gon b gud!

Domstercool

Someone should add them all up once the spoiler thread is live, so that we can see just how wrong or right some of you people were. :D

aravuus

Nice! Maybe he'll end up being my favourite? :D

If you hate Ishimaru, you hate life and all that is good!

No seriously though, he was one of the characters I wasn't very sure about but came to like a LOT. This applies to most characters though tbh, I don't think there was a single one I disliked.

Can't wait to see how this thread turns out lol

Prelude.

Hopefully Sony decides what to do with the Vita 2000 in the rest of Europe before the release so I can play it soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I keep forgetting this is out so soon. Looking forward to getting the LE especially after deciding not to look at any more trailers or info after the first trailer.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are we doing the Kill, Fuck, Marry game on the characters now?? :D

Gbraga

I probably won't be able to get this day one, but I will as soon as I can. Not sure when I'll find the time to play it though, Dark Souls and anime are consuming all my free time.

tensuke

Dang(anRonpa)! I thought this came out later in the month like the 25th. What a nice surprise that it's just one more week!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how long should it take for the LEs to arrive (standard 5-7 days?)? I noticed it said they tend to charge your card about a week before release, so guess I better keep an eye on that soon.

Gestahl

Well if you're going to be posting random image lists for base prediction's sake wouldn't Killer, Victim, Survivor (?) be a more productive way about it

Top Bottom