• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

So I know about the plot, but will I learn about the backstories behind some of the characters
to which I mean how they gained their nicknames and how they became so skilled at their abilities
?

I'll spoiler tag the answer to this just in case, though there are no actual spoilers below, just some general information.

The Free Time events (Social Links) in the game are almost entirely background info. It doesn't really go much into how the characters got their talents (often it's a born with it/family skill thing) but you'll find out how their skills affected their lives and upbringing as well as what their abilities mean to them. The new School Mode in this version probably has more backstory as well, but I don't know much about it.

Quixzlizx

I'm doubly excited for this game, since I want to get the NISA bucks from being billed for the LE so I can put them towards the preorder for Demon Gaze.

I've also managed to be completely spoiler-free so far. I didn't even watch the trailers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might as well ask people who ordered the LE. I ordered from the NIS store without making an account, but now I've made a new one figuring I could be able to check on the status of my order, both having the same e-mail. Is there any way of informing them of my new account so I can get the "reward points" or whatever and be able to see the status of my copy?

Do I just need to e-mail telling them about my situation & they'll add to my new account or something?

Dunno if it's been asked yet but does anyone know how quick the shipping is for NISA's store is? Ordered the LE and would prefer to get it sooner rather than later.

Quixzlizx

Dunno if it's been asked yet but does anyone know how quick the shipping is for NISA's store is? Ordered the LE and would prefer to get it sooner rather than later.

If you live in the US, the basic free shipping is USPS Priority Mail, so it should be 2-3 days depending on how far you live from CA.

If you live in the US, the basic free shipping is USPS Priority Mail, so it should be 2-3 days depending on how far you live from CA.

Well I live in SoCal so presumably it should be pretty quick? I've been half considering picking up a copy on else day and then returning the LE one I get because I'm that impatient, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I sure hope that means it arrives on Friday or Saturday for me, it would be the perfect weekend to be able to start playing this after getting some college stuff done. I'd hate to get it in the middle of next week when I'm busy with classes (then again, it'd give me the chance to listen to the OST while I'm driving).

AniHawk

i don't know how long i've been playing it, but 13-15 hour sounds about right, and i'm on the final chapter now (each chapter takes roughly 3-5 hours to complete).

it starts off feeling a lot like 999, but that eventually goes away and it becomes very much its own thing. the phoenix wright elements are there, but the trial segments are pretty different. in phoenix wright, you pore over statements to find a contradiction. in danganronpa, potential contradictions are pointed out to the player, and it's up to the player to use the evidence they have on the contradiction it matches up with. there are also minigames within the class trial segments including a rhythm game to break down statements.

all of it focuses on presentation. it's a very stylized game, and there will be a lot of reading. unlike 999, there aren't any point-and-click adventure puzzles. aside from the class trials, you do get 'free time' to interact with other students and explore the school. depending on how you do during trials, you get coins to purchase gifts to give to other students and improve your rank with them (but they have to be the right gifts otherwise your standing with them will decline). a better 'social rank' gives you stat bonuses to equip during the class trials to help slow down certain segments longer, help others go by smoother, etc.

Looking forward to receiving my LE next week. I'm currently playing through the first Ace Attourney and I've developed a new appreciation for these "visual novel" games.

Considering the premise of the game, waifu-ing characters seems odd...

Nothing seems odd to see if your favorite character survives until the end
and probably cursing when they don't

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the great remarks toward the OT!

Still got some things to fix on it, mostly cosmetic that I gotta get around to.

All this Ishimaru love warms my heart too~

Takao

Banned
Is anyone else worried that they will buy the game and in a month they'll have a sale where it's 50% off like Tearaway?

Do NIS America games get those dramatic price reductions? They usually don't ship a tonne to warrant that.

bigkrev

Sony thought Tearaway would be a big deal- why else would they release it on a Friday instead of a tuesday?

I'm pretty sure NIS isn't unrealistic about their sales projections when it comes to such a niche game like this. I'm also guessing that this game is planned to eventually come to PS Plus (maybe 8 months down the line), which is another source of income, and would get the games in the hands of people who might not ever play it otherwise.

Clov

Do NIS America games get those dramatic price reductions? They usually don't ship a tonne to warrant that.

Sometimes after a year or so, they get a second print run that's cheaper. I remember that happened with the first Neptunia game.

AniHawk

tearaway might have been shoved into stores. it seems that with danganronpa 'exceeding expectations' that demand is higher than stores initially anticipated.

It's hard looking up how this plays without spoilers, so I'll just guess this is sorta like VLR meets Phoenix Wright meets dating sim meets Battle Royale with weird minigames?

I was totally convinced she was a man, another surprise ruined :(

Funny thing about that is that she's the only female that has a panty shot in their official art so that you could notice that she's a woman.

Still, it could've been "worse", I mean, look at her beta design
Sakurabeta.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Funny thing about that is that she's the only female that has a panty shot in their official art so that you could notice that she's a woman.

Still, it could've been "worse", I mean, look at her beta design

I don't think there's a worse or a better lol, they are all terrible for a girl.

bigkrev

What are my chances walking into Gs and picking this up?

If your someone who gets angry when GS guts a copy of a game and sells it as new, you probably should pre-order it. My guess is that stores will get 1-3 copies of the game in addition to all pre-orders, depending on the size of the store/how they do on Vita.

Is this going to be released day and date digital?

Every Vita game is released on PSN, but sometimes the Grace Chen Time of the store update may be after midnight depending on where you live (MGS HD collection on Vita store update didn't happen till 3AM on Wednesday, for example)

Flandy

The only think I know about this game is that it's like Ace Attorney/999 and I fucking love me some Ace Attorney. Oh, and it has pink blood.
HYPE

Is it safe to read this thread or are there spoilers?

Only actual spoiler we've discussed is the name change of a spoiler (that stops being a spoiler after trial 2).

Really, watching the trailers in the op is more spoilery than clicking the black bars here so far that I've seen

kewlmyc

The only think I know about this game is that it's like Ace Attorney/999 and I fucking love me some Ace Attorney. Oh, and it has pink blood.
HYPE

This OT is spoiler free, just don't click on ANYTHING spoiler-tagged. A spoiler thread will most likely be created for it when the game has been released. If no one makes one after a week, I will.

Flandy

Only actual spoiler we've discussed is the name change of a spoiler (that stops being a spoiler after trial 2).

Really, watching the trailers in the op is more spoilery than clicking the black bars here so far that I've seen
I haven't watched ANY of the trailers

This OT is spoiler free, just don't click on ANYTHING spoiler-tagged. A spoiler thread will most likely be created for it when the game has been released. If no one makes one after a week, I will.

Thanks

Top Bottom