• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Gbraga

This is my list:

KBLg6Nq.png

7La39Z7.png

yGxAOTV.png

cj_iwakura

Can't wait. I always need more Masafumi Takada(Killer7's composer).

Has he done anything else before this and after NMH?

Luigi87

Very nice OT. Looking forward to this in spite of knowing very little about it.

I'd have loved to have gotten the LE, but aside from no longer being available by the time I pre-ordered, the Canadian dollar is so bad right now, the extra cost from ordering from NIS' store would not be worth it.

moozoom

I wanted really bad to play this game when I heard the concept ( big fan of Ace Attorney / Ghost trick / 999 / VLR / Corpse Party etc... ) but alas, my boyfriend made me watch the anime series and it totally killed my hype...

Spoilery explanation to read if you've seen the anime and played the game :
The ending / twist of the anime left me totally cold, and even worse than that, it partially ruined what I enjoyed about the plot and characters.In a Whodunit, I find the "big reveal" enjoyable when it put all the bits and pieces of info together, and manage to turn around the story to make sense in the end. ( see "Usual suspects" in movies, or the plots of 999 and VLR ). The ending of the anime was kind of anti-climatic : villain is a character you barely see / learn to know, and I find the "ultimate despair" that serves as the main motivation for all these murders too abstract and it makes the plot looks like nonsense. Is the ending of the game better than the anime final reveal ? Aside from that I found most of the characters funny even if they're not really likeable (except Sakura Chan which should be the only waifu cited in those lists above as she's the only sane person in the story - kind of shows how people only judge on appearance ). Does the ending of the game make more sense / has a better way of presenting the twist ?

tldr : Is the game worth it after watching the anime ?

Lusankya

I wanted really bad to play this game when I heard the concept ( big fan of Ace Attorney / Ghost trick / 999 / VLR / Corpse Party etc... ) but alas, my boyfriend made me watch the anime series and it totally killed my hype...

tldr : Is the game worth it after watching the anime ?

I can only say the game is so much better than the Anime. However the Anime spoiled basically everything for you.

ohlawd

since living in Canada sucks, I'll be getting this game much later thanks to shipping.

See you guys at the end of the month ;_;

Thorgi

The only two visual novels I've ever played (well, besides Christine Love's games) are 999 and VLR. Hoping this also manages to be great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I know about the plot, but will I learn about the backstories behind some of the characters
to which I mean how they gained their nicknames and how they became so skilled at their abilities
?

Also, from what I've heard, the OST is 16 tracks. Any ideas as to which songs will be included?

Rarity

Please buy this game people!

And before I knew anything about this property, this is the character I figured I'd trust most, just by character design:
dMDl2ME.png

As someone who knows pretty much zero about the plot/characters, here are my thoughts/predictions:

27XcOUG.png

hehuhehuhehu cheeky

ehhh think I'll pass on the Vita version unless it goes on sale or something, game was alright, def. not up to par with 999/VLR but some similar vibes, story for this game IMO ultimately falls flat and character interactions were too short

SO HYPED!

One of my OT titles got used, awesome. Though the Zero Escape: Trials and Tribulations one was a bit too perfect I guess. Uppuupupu. I can't wait for my LE to ship, I NEED it.

I'd make a list, but things seem to be getting weird enough as it is and I'd rather not contribute to the madness xD

Asahina is best girl though. Do not question it, just accept it. Life'll be easier that way.

ys45

Decided to get this game , never played a game like this before but I wanted to get into VN genre .
And Vita need some love so il get this

Axiom

Certain games I need to own a physical copy of, and this is one of them.

Especially considering how incredibly nuts it is that it's not only been translated officially but is even coming out in Australia.

I'm still hurting over never getting to play Corpse Party

So glad that Oren's LP got this game noticed eventually.

Dammit I knew I shouldn't have come into this thread, now I got to have this game.
For Plot, of course.

Have to figure out how the hell I'm going to get my hands on it since I'll be in the middle of nowhere next week without internet access...

fade_

Is anyone else worried that they will buy the game and in a month they'll have a sale where it's 50% off like Tearaway?

Is anyone else worried that they will buy the game and in a month they'll have a sale where it's 50% off like Tearaway?

Nope. I'm sure people have said this a million different ways before, but different publishers mean different logistics for sales and prices. I'll leave that purposely vague so that nobody can crawl up my butt if I say something like "well Tearaway was first-party".

It's well worth the full price.

EDIT: Besides, this. Plus, more day one sales means more ammunition in the gun for Danganronpa 2's release. (joke semi-related to game?)

Top Bottom