• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc PC |OT| It's getting Steamy in here...

Feep

Banned
You're goddamn right Byakuya is first

GODDAMN RIGHT

Looking forward to berating you peasants one more time.

Rich!

As a tip, I would advise people to play with the JP audio.

Obviously it's down to taste, but I feel its vastly superior (especially monokuma). US dub is unbearable for me.

Lanrutcon

I have no idea what this is, but it looks weird. I'll pick it up and give it a whirl after I'm done with the new PoE DLC.

Tizoc

Obviously it's down to taste, but I feel its vastly superior (especially monokuma). US dub is unbearable for me.
Bruv
Read the post above urs
He voiced byakuya in the series :v

You're goddamn right Byakuya is first

GODDAMN RIGHT

Looking forward to berating you peasants one more time.

latest

While I may not double dip just yet since I played it last year, I hope everyone else enjoys the game. One of my favs on the Vita definitely needs a second home on PC.

Alfredo

I think the best thing to do is to pick one language and stick with it through the whole series.

And considering that, Japanese might be the best choice since we don't even know if the Danganronpa 3 anime will get an English dub, and if it does, it might not even have the same voice actors reprising their roles.

English dub is still super good, though, and my preference.

Great OT, Enter the Dragon Punch.

As much as I love Danganronpa, I'm not sure if I'll double dip immediately. Hopefully all the newcomers enjoy the game, though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Good stuff. It feels like importing the US version of the game for my EU PSTV was a slight waste now, but nm.

That post and avatar. One person shouldn't have all this good taste.

Thought it wasn't PSTV compatible in Europe?

Have this for vita but I'm tempted on PC as I could play on my laptop too so sort of portable. Presumably no high required specs?

Arthea

subscribed, tomorrow is a day for despair

can we agree on nothing even remotely spoilery without spoiler tags in this thread?

Dumb stuff
You could infer major DR spoilers from my post, only highlight if you've played DR and DR2:
How about you don't spoil fucking major twists in a port thread, where people who have never played this story based game, are looking forward to playing it for the first time.
I'd be furious If I hadn't finished DR long ago.

Corpekata

Banned
Reacting angrily to someone spoiling something while leaving your post unspoiled is probably more likely to get a newbie to figure shit out than the other guy's post.

Rich!

How about you don't spoil fucking major twists in a port thread, where people who have never played this story based game, are looking forward to playing it for the first time.

Like fucking think. I'd be furious If I hadn't finished DR long ago. Same for Rich!

Mine isn't a spoiler...it just says Nagito is the best character.

I've actually edited it to remove the spoiler tags as I noticed the post I quoted had them too.

I've actually edited it to remove the spoiler tags.

That's the problem with spoiler tags. Guy you quoted revealed major spoiler. You didnt. You never know what to expect. But the thing is, people shouldnt expect spoilers in a OT.

I don't know which character to choose, they are all so great in their special ways. So I'm going with #TeamDespair.

I mean the despair most of you will go through for the first time we give me the hope to come back to this thread and read more...of your despair.

;]

aravuus

How about we just use spoiler tags for actual spoilers and tag them with "chapter x spoilers" or "major spoilers" or whatever

DR has awesome twists

Let's not ruin them for new players

e: and yeah, maybe let's not drop major spoilers at the very start of a port OT, tagged or not. Someone's bound to click them on accident cause they're expecting "/s" or something else super funny.

Rich!

Basically, the best advice for those playing for the first time is basically stay away from anything danganronpa related online until you have finished both 1 and 2. Including this thread.

Any information about 2 is major spoiler for 1. Same for any details about DR:AE. Hell, even searching for DR on Google spoils almost all the best plot twists immediately

TP

Because of the gap between releases it would be a good idea to throw in a warning in the op about making searches about the series before both games are read

Google, Youtube, anywhere

we've all seen the thumbnails
searching is asking to be spoiled

Edit: see, Rich! knows what's up

I've actually edited it to remove the spoiler tags.

Major spoilers again:

Ok, your post is fair enough.

Please edit the my previous post, I don't want to spoil people.

Never played this. What's going to be the price on Steam?

Wonder if I'll buy it on Steam or wait for the chance for Danganronpa 1 and 2 to come to PS4, since Danganronpa 3 is also coming to PS4, and my PC has had some problems lately.

Wonder if I'll buy it on Steam or wait for the chance for Danganronpa 1 and 2 to come to PS4, since Danganronpa 3 is also coming to PS4, and my PC has had some problems lately.

It's gonna be $30 but will have a 20% off launch discount and come with a free OST for a limited time.

No word on the other Danganronpas hitting the PS4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Hektor

30$, but it will get a release discount bumping it down to 24$ for some time.

Arthea

$30 with day one discount as far as we know.

I don't think Dang games will be demanding on PC but then again I play everything what's possible to play on PC here, so not that I can understand this logic.

aravuus

Here for the reactions. This should be fun, upupu.

Yep! I was LTTP with 999 and got VLR a bit after the release so I never really got to read reactions for those games, but at least there's Danganronpa!

Not sure how many VN fans there are on NeoGAF who don't have a PSP or Vita (and have a PC), but let's hope the port sells a bunch and we get lots of reactions here.

Mugen08

Will have to wait for sales due to that I unfortunately already bought the games to Vita and did not even finish the first game. Would definitely not have bought them on Vita had I known they would release on PC, that hand-held was simply not made for me. :(

Thoraxes

That's the camp I fall under too. Not to mention there are some phenomenal names attached to the characters in the JP dub.

That goes like 1000x more for the voice cast of Danganronpa 2.

"Oh great, a thread about a murder mystery game being ported for a whole new audience to enjoy! The very first sentence is politely asking to avoid spoilers in this thread.

Sounds like a good a time as any to casually reveal the final twist in the game with bad spoiler tag usage as a joke!"

In other news, it's worth setting the game to easy because the minigames are abysmal and not the point of the experience.

Top Bottom