• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daphne from Scooby Doo'll change from size 2 to size 8 in new animated movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Who do you think sleeps with who?

I'm going to pull wildcard and say Velma and Scooby are fucking. Daphne fucks Shaggy when Fred isn't around.

Naw, hon, I'm a size 12 (large rear) and that picture is more like a 22.

Edit: A picture of me when I was actually a size eight:

Har har, look at the fatty.

So the right kinda size 12 lol.

Admittedly I have no idea about female sizes, but my wife's a six - eight and so I at least knew that pic in the OP was off.

You're both wrong.

Scooby-doo-on-zombie-island.jpg

This man knows what's up.

I haven't been a size 8 since I WAS 8. And that pic is a 22-26 in American sizes.

I like the end of this article. The producers excuse this b.s. by saying 'but her man still thinks she is attractive' and don't get the response they hoped for.

studyguy

Female sizing is the stupidest, most arbitrary shit.
I've argued with my girlfriend about how terrible it is and she says the male style of pants having waist size/leg length right on the label is dumb too.

Like fucking please.

Wait, I'm genuinely having trouble deciding if people are sarcastic about being upset or not. Are we actually expecting realistic dress sizing from a cartoon with a talking dog?

Female sizing is the stupidest, most arbitrary shit.
I've argued with my girlfriend about how terrible it is and she says the male style of pants having waist size/leg length right on the label is dumb too.

Like fucking please.
Having waist and leg size like on male pants makes the most sense. It is self explanatory and easy to understand.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
For claiming ZI is better than camp scare.

CS > WG > ZI > rest of the shit goes here

I don't know if I've actually seen Camp Scare. My exposure was limited to what the local Blockbuster carried as a kid

I remember watching Zombie Island again last year though and it was still super good. Surprisingly so for a direct to VHS thing or whatever. Like, the writing and acting and animation were all great

So that's a UK 12, eh? Excuse me while I weep into a packet of custard creams and drown my sorrows in a gallon of Yazoo. At least my man still loves me.

she is “cursed” with losing the thing that she holds most dear: her small frame

Eugh, seriously? Not her sight, her intellect, her family or her funky little scarf?

Regiruler

I don't know if I've actually seen Camp Scare. My exposure was limited to what the local Blockbuster carried as a kid

Even if I am a tad biased, it's easily the best recent movie. Every Scooby-Doo fan needs to see it.
It's been ages since I've seen ZI though. Even then I still preferred WG because I thought the setting was cooler.

Would it have been better if they stated it was a size 22 (which it looks like)?

It seems the core message is that her superficiality is negative, and she's being put in a body, then there'll be some blabla about how it's the inside that matters, and when she realizes that she'll be magically thin again and be happy for that but no longer be so obsessed about her appearances.

Or something, I'm not writing this shit.

Richie

Wait, I'm genuinely having trouble deciding if people are sarcastic about being upset or not. Are we actually expecting realistic dress sizing from a cartoon with a talking dog?

Did any of us expect a girl horrified at becoming overweight as a major plot in a cartoon with a talking dog?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Even if I am a tad biased, it's easily the best recent movie. Every Scooby-Doo fan needs to see it.
It's been ages since I've seen ZI though. Even then I still preferred WG because I thought the setting was cooler.

They're both really good. As an adult now I'm going back and watching stuff from my childhood and its incredibly stark the difference between the stuff that was aimed at kids but still well written from an adults perspective and the stuff that was just dumb

Another great example of the stuff that was smart? Arthur. I watched some Arthur on a whim last week, and it still holds up as a thoughtfully constructed show

The Adder

Banned

In this Scooby-Doo movie debate, I have to throw my hat into the ring for:

DVD_cover_of_Scooby-Doo_and_the_Ghoul_School.jpg

Which has a really shitty cover, but is a good Scooby-Doo movie.

Would it have been better if they stated it was a size 22 (which it looks like)?

It seems the core message is that her superficiality is negative, and she's being put in a body, then there'll be some blabla about how it's the inside that matters, and when she realizes that she'll be magically thin again and be happy for that but no longer be so obsessed about her appearances.

Or something, I'm not writing this shit.

Yes, it would be better if (the movie) called that a size 22 (which we don't know if it says 8, or the article writer did). Because, if you want to make little girls fear being fat, at least make them fear getting to a size 22 and not a size 8.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I wear a size 9 in jeans (12 in dresses~ I'm also really curvy) and she's hellah bigger than me. This is so fucking disgusting. I thought we were past crappy stuff like this.

studyguy

well eu sizing for men's clothing isn't the same as US sizing or japanese sizing.

If another country doesn't use leg/waist length to determine jean size then I can't help but feel like they're only failing themselves. Shit on us for not following the metric system, but at least our sizing on pants is reasonable for men.

Mesoian

The only thing this thread has shown me is that women's dress sizes are fucking bullshit.

Also Velma was always the winner.

Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom