• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daphne from Scooby Doo'll change from size 2 to size 8 in new animated movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSM

so google says this is size 8

article_2292607_18_A0_BCA9000005_DC_924_634x758.jpg

That's such a silly picture. Instead of demonstrating size differences it more demonstrates taller women of the same stature. Judging by that the size 24 woman would be 7' 3".

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Her being specifically a "size 8" is pretty bad no matter how you look at it, but its true that this could be contextualized as "her learning that her worst fear isn't actually that bad/that her figure isn't everything", and that would be appropriate
It's odd that she is named a size 8, but then again we aren't exactly talking about realistic human figures though. More realistic than typical cartoons but less realistic than something like King of the Hill.

I always thought the average would be closer to a typically healthy human.

Not when 1/3 of the country is obese.Luckily, the obesity epidemic seems to be slowing due to awareness and campaigns, but it is still slightly rising. I'm pretty sure these is not a single state in the country with less than 20% Obesity rate. Yep, as of 2010 not a single state has a reported obesity rate of less than 20% and the vast majority of the South has over 30%.

I hear people say this, but it isn't true. As someone with a "model" figure, things almost always look terrible on me unless I get them tailored. Otherwise, I resemble a stick with a plastic bag, flapping in the wind.

True, I remember when I was much thinner in high school I had some problems with bagginess and things being ill-fitting.

I was talking more like dresses with key-hole backs or spaghetti straps which clearly prohibit the use of a bra. I'm still perky enough that I can go without but I'd really prefer to have the support. It's just funny when certain trends can only be worn by one body type.

Crossing Eden

If this is true, I hope so. I just dislike how it's like... omigod MY BIGGEST FEAR IS BEING FAT. Like.. what the heck... really? That's a terrible attitude, and I'm anti-HAES.
Well her shallowness would be a nice character flaw to get rid of. It's pretty obvious where the story would go and an easy message to get across.

"Oh, just wear a strapless bra!"

Me: HAHAHAHHA

You just reminded me of Jenna Marbles' What Your Bra Means video.

Man, I just wear a bra anyway :<.

If people can see my bra strap, I don't really care. I guess I'm just shameless. But, to me, a bra strap isn't going to kill anyone. It's harmless, it's on my shoulder or my back, so... eh.. okay.

I have small boobs, and I still always wear a bra.

I'm just really picky about my aesthetic and find that the bra strap often clashes with the look I'm going for. I'm not gonna shame anyone about how they prefer to dress.

Crossing Eden

Daphne having something like an actual character is yet another reason why Zombie Island is the best
I was actually watching one of top three yesterday, the one about the witch. Daphne really didn't contribute alot to the plot besides jealousy over the hex girl thing. Zombie Island really is the best. And the creepiest.
That "who opened the window"
scene was terrifying to me as a child.
Yeah, you're right. I don't watch SD so I probably won't watch this, but I hope you're right.
Watch Zombie Island.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Now this thread has me watching Mystery Incorporated again, hahaha. Scooby Doo is one of those things I can go years without thinking about until I do and then I remember just how much I unabashedly love it

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait, I thought magic doesn't exist in the Doo universe?

Ostensibly it didn't until Zombie Island, where the gimmick was "but the monsters are real". But then Zombie Island turned out to also be like one of the best Scooby Doo related things ever so everyone was pretty cool with it

Derwind

That's not fair, given most fat kids don't even know they are fat :(

My point was that this will introduce preteen children to body image issues.

I've dealt with a sibling who had body image issues, I've had a few of my own but not to her extent. So yeah being told you're ugly & fat when you're 5'7" - 120lbs(my sis) is not a message that should be passed on to other kids.

Ferrio

Banned
My point was that this will introduce preteen children to body image issues.

I've dealt with a sibling who had body image issues, I've had a few of my own but not to her extent. So yeah being told you're ugly & fat when you're 5'7" - 120lbs(my sis) is not a message that should be passed on to other kids.

Maybe the whole point of the movie is Daphne will have character growth and tackle that whole issue?

:3

I laughed so hard pls forgive me LOL you poor thing

lol Just wondering with all the dress size talk and how different men are sized. I wear a 34 waist and large T-shirts that's about as much as I know as far as my measurements. I don't know how they determine women's dress sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom