• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II 12 minute gameplay video up [Update: 10 Minute Q&A Video]

Hmm

on the darksoulsii.com homepage , if you choose North American as region you can PRE ORDER the game trough the pre order link.

You get directed then to Gamestops site and it says Release Date 12/31/2013

Interesting place holder. Has it been confirmed as a 2014 release?

sixghost

inordDzzx1YTK.gif

Deleted the frame errors. Surprised they let that go through.

Hopefully not.

Look at the axe that was stuck in the pillar. It disappears, then falls out of the sky.

lol

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Looks like Dark Souls alright. After what they said in ealier interview I kinda expected they change it a bit. Doesn't really seem like it so far.

The Lamp

This looks so good. Please From, keep it up. And make the game difficult ;_;

Oh it just looks so wonderful. I will pay top dollar for a badass collector's edition.

I'm gonna sound real annoying right now to a lot of people, but to me this reads (and I agree with your list btw) like:

Pros: graphics/sound good

Cons: gameplay weird/too fast(player)/easy looking

And that's what worries me. Also, that's why I don't get why this gameplay eased people's concerns... Because "hey, gameplay looks weird, but there's time to change it" leaves me at the same point I was before the gameplay reveal

P.S.: Humanity?

I like the faster gameplay but the greatsword animations do look a bit too fast like it has no weight. The character also being able to easily kill the enemies perhaps was due to over leveling now that I thin about it.

This hasn't eased me about the finer details like the mechanisms because they didn't really show much of them and are probably still in development. So its not really their fault. I will get a better impression after seeing some gameplay that is not part of a demo.

Mupod

Got to the part with the skeleton dragon and closed it. I already know I want the game, I don't need to see any more.

Lucent

Oh god not another flamelurker. Please no I can't handle that shit, the one boss that makes me feel useless.

Really? I mean yeah he was a pain, but when I fought him one on one he seemed to give me JUST enough time to get my stamina back up to block. Was a long fight. But I guess I coulda made it easier.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The skeleton dragon part reminded me of the original Ninja Gaiden.

Have we talked before about how disturbingly similar our views on the souls games are? If not, then: Hey, I'm VXLbeast and FUCK Flamelurker.

I've noticed lol. The thing that made the flamelurker fight even more frustrating was the path you had to take to get to him. Falling down those platforms pissed me off for some reason.

This not being on PS4 means theres a chance that Miyazaki is working on Demons souls 2 for PS4......

So that the world might be mended...

BTW, in the closed thread people were talking about some kind of 'lore' videos for Dark Souls that go deeper into detail regarding the world/characters.
Does anyone have links to these (or one of these that would likely connect to the others)?

VXLbeast

Damn, and now it needs to happen!

I wish I had the know how.

I want weather effects. Some areas in DS were just asking for it.

Rain would be amazing. Like, a light rain in a forest setting. Yah, bring on that ambiance.

I've noticed lol. The thing that made the flamelurker fight even more frustrating was the path you had to take to get to him. Falling down those platforms pissed me off for some reason.

Nothing more discouraging than dying on the way to a boss.

Momentary

Banned
This is definitely going to be a visual treat on the PC. Can't wait. Hopefully they'll have real graphical settings this time around.

BTW, in the closed thread people were talking about some kind of 'lore' videos for Dark Souls that go deeper into detail regarding the world/characters.
Does anyone have links to these (or one of these that would likely connect to the others)?

Epic name bro's channel is full of them type it into youtube.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Here's one.

Dark Souls x Shadow of the Colossus confirmed!
lol

That would be splendid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Speaking of ENB... he must be creaming his pants right now.

Soodanim

What was that weird effect when the arrows his the enemy that broke through the wall? I'm not sure I like it, but I'm not sure what it is yet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks pretty much like Dark Souls, alright. YOU DIED.

Hopefully the PC version is less crappy, and without Windows live login this time! In case Durante's got other things to do.

Dantard

Neo Member

Search for EpicNameBro's Dark Souls Lore series on youtube, it's very easy to find them. They really are amazing. Also, he's already working on an in-depth analysis of this gameplay reveal to be released "tomorrow" (he's american but lives in Japan, so tomorrow for him may be very different for you as well)

Top Bottom