• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II Network Test | YOU DEFEATED

i4j5hln5DXqRb.gif

iqUphKYQC2yfc.png

• Dark Souls II Network Test Ver. is a stress test for Dark Souls II running worldwide on both October 12th and 26th.
  • Namco Bandai picked 5,000 players by random in North America
    but the code worked for everyone
  • EU & Australian players got into the beta through sign-ups on the PSN store.
  • Another 26,000 players will be brought into the second worldwide test for October 26th.
    [*]Getting into the first test will guarantee you a spot in the second.
  • Character customization is not present in the test, but you will be able to pick from several classes already leveled.
  • You'll be given 5,000 souls to customize your character after creating them.
    [*]YES THERE IS NOW SERVERS

iPtwGZOILqPyD.png

November 9th Test US time:

t1384066800z1.png

Running for three hours.
ibur7ETEpNLcXf.png

How to not die in Dark Souls II
you will die a lot
:
ibvFExAuGfz9EH.png

j4qlJ5bwRDoKo.png

Thanks for Pupi18 for the banner, and Soriku for the picture of the Namco Bandai message.
Thanks to alr1ght for making the first beta timer images
Special thanks to bck12, Simms, Rafini and OnettHansen for being sunbros.

I apologize for this OT not being the greatest, but I tried to make a decent OT.

The Lamp

I signed up for the EU beta and have confirmation of my ticket and no code and can't see the beta forums :( le sigh...

Fixed some alignment issues with the images on the OT, it's pretty minor though but I only really noticed it after it was posted.

So if I'm Europe/Australia, I'd have received an email if I had made it in? Or is it a message on my PS3?

You'll receive an email, there is no PSN message for EU/Australia.
My soul is ready

Also, these timers are confirmed? there are some conflicting schedules as of now.

European times are from the Dark Souls II beta website, NA times are from the PSN message sent from Namco Bandai. It's confusing, I know. I'm not exactly sure if they're both true or if only one is correct so I put up both. I guess we'll find out soon.
Weird, I thought I read the test was going to start at 12 and end at 2AM PST.

It's meant to, but the Dark Souls II beta website lists some completely separate times for EU.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
And about that patch update, only EU accounts got it for download apparently? Did anyone from NA test managed to download it?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I got a key for my PS3 but it is saying it has already been used... Do I need to wait until this thing happens? And my body/soul is ready.

dmr87

I got a key for my PS3 but it is saying it has already been used... Do I need to wait until this thing happens? And my body/soul is ready.

I take it you are in NA? First come first serve there.

'Namco Bandai picked 5,000 players by random in North America but the code worked for everyone.'

In North America, only 5,000 people were able to register the key. Sadly, you missed the chance to get into the beta, as it was on a first-come first-serve basis.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
One thing you should put on the OP is that if you redeem the code for this first test you have a guaranteed spot on the next one.

Dresden

Did they announce how you'll get in for the 2nd round of testing for NA? Besides already being in round 1.

They'll dump a code and it'll be a free-for-all to get in. Basically, what happened this time but without the pretense of sending out invites.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Do you guys think I should make a Google Documents Spreadsheet for NeoGAF Dark Souls II Network Test players or not?

Would be a cool idea but other than see who will be the testers, it will not have much purpose since you can't summon someone directly in DaS 2

Would be a cool idea but other than see who will be the testers, it will not have much purpose since you can't summon someone directly in DaS 2

Well you can always arrange with people to summon each other in areas, but at the same time I'm wondering if it would be worth making a spreadsheet for two tests running for two hours each.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well you can always arrange with people to summon each other in areas, but at the same time I'm wondering if it would be worth making a spreadsheet for two tests running for two hours each.

It would be messy considering that people that are not gaffers or lurkers could mess around with the spreadsheet. Seen it happen before and handling it yourself for just 2 hours of testing isnt that worth it if you ask me. If anything use the LINK[ /email] quote to see and that way we keep things at least clear from the non gaf members.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If anyone has this and lives in Sweden, can I come over? Serious question. You know you want me.

( Quick Summary Video for the TLDR Crowd )

Some Twitch.tv Dark Souls casters who got into the beta including myself are gathering info from the network test. We're focusing on gameplay mechanics (no story spoilers). If you have anything you'd like us to explore / test, let us know. We'll be covering stuff from both PvP and PvE.

We'll be compiling all of the requests and splitting it up between ourselves to test as much as possible within the short beta window. However, we won't be able to release any info until the NDA is lifted. In the mean time, we'll be compiling and organizing what we can find to release in an organized manner when that time comes.

Top Bottom