• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II Network Test | YOU DEFEATED

Zertez

Just checked my mailbox, got the random invite out of 5k but since the code worked for everyone it was long gone. At first I was a little disappointed, but Im glad I dont have the temptation to try it. Exploring through Demons/Dark Souls without any spoilers is the best part of the game, I am afraid spoilers, demos or beta testing would ruin it. Im sure if I had access to beta I wouldnt be able to help myself I would have logged in.

Not sure why they even bothered to random invite people if the code worked for everyone. Should have just posted the code online and then cut it off. Seems like half the people invited in NA didnt get in due to others using the code. The email seems pointless.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
^^^ No, sorry. I just meant there are also regular NPCs to fight. It's still limited to the 2 hour testing period.

I really hope the people who got into the test ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN IT

If not, they are doing the rest of us harm when it comes to the final games quality

Time for some more jolly cooperation

Did someone say...

Jolly%252520Coop.jpg

I'm in and I could not be more hyped. If only Saturday was sooner. Why is Friday even a thing? It just delays good things!

anddo0

I hate everyone that got in.

As already stated, you guys better participate, stress test the hell out of this thing, and report bugs etc... This is my baby, I don't want another GTA on our hands.

TomPUH

I really hope the networking works so much better than Dark Souls 1, I want to invade the guilty without waiting 30+minutes.
Then die in a single hit.

I really hope the networking works so much better than Dark Souls 1, I want to invade the guilty without waiting 30+minutes.
Then die in a single hit.

Well, they're using dedicated servers now. From what I saw along with my friend, invading/summoning went really freaking quickly. Hopefully it stays like that!

kanuuna

I got the invitation just now, just as I left for Asia on a vacation.
I hope I don't miss out on the beta entirely!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm in for Saturday night. I'll be exhausted from another form of PvP (real-life one... a martial arts tourney xD) but my body is ready etc.

pantsmith

I'm 99% sure I didn't do anything related to the beta (because I'm trying to go in knowing as little as possible), but somehow still wound up with an invite.

Is this something I can give away? Because if I can I'd love to give it to someone who wants it. Otherwise I'll feel obligated to use it ;_;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is this something I can give away? Because if I can I'd love to give it to someone who wants it. Otherwise I'll feel obligated to use it ;_;

You can't use it anyway since people already used it.

pantsmith

You can't use it anyway since people already used it.

Could you explain this in any more detail? I got a psn message last night (or so) inviting me so I hope for my sake I can't use it.

edit: I just read up, and it looks like its a limited number of downloads? I figured they were a limited number of invites. Weird.

Jurge92

Neo Member
I'll play the sh*t out of the game in those two hours. Here in Norway, the time will be 21:00-23:00, which kinda sucks on a saturday night, but so be it. Just lucky I got in!

Fatbody

Just played it at NY Comic Con. I was showing off to the crowd behind me my crazy back stabbing skills, then I proceeded to to get chased off a cliff by three red phantom npcs. This is definitely dark souls.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'll play the sh*t out of the game in those two hours. Here in Norway, the time will be 21:00-23:00, which kinda sucks on a saturday night, but so be it. Just lucky I got in!

Isn't it tomorrow?

Edit: Didn't see the "those". :lol

feel

Indeed. It's between 12:30/2:30am over here, planning to go clubbing with friends as usual on Sat night and I'm still figuring out what excuse to use to vanish for 2 and a half hours. Trying to stay away from "Playing a videogame"..

...well, I clearly should have done my reading before I redeemed my code and started downloading. Sorry guys.

Well to be fair, it's not like they were really clear about the timeframe of the first test until after the codes were sent. In fact, they still aren't clear since the web site and the psn messages give different info. Just go for the next round since your downloaded client should work!

And hey I have a question. I got the beta from my NA account, but just for shits and giggles decided to load up my EU account. Lo and behold, the beta is still there under my games. And it even let me install the update. So does that mean it would let me play at the EU's beta test time?

Doombear

For anyone still a bit confused about the start/end times for the NA/SA test.

This was posted about an hour ago on the Dark Souls FB page:

A quick reminder for all involved in the upcoming Dark Souls II Network Test:

The servers will be open 9PM - 11PM PDT Oct. 12th for North and South American PS3 users who have redeemed their codes. The next round of testing will be open to many more users so stay tuned for more information!

Jurge92

Neo Member
Indeed. It's between 12:30/2:30am over here, planning to go clubbing with friends as usual on Sat night and I'm still figuring out what excuse to use to vanish for 2 and a half hours. Trying to stay away from "Playing a videogame"..
That's always an issue. How to escape with a reasonable excuse.. Could go with an "have exploding diarrhea" or something. I'm thinking of going in that direction. They can't usually say anything against that...

Top Bottom