• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that wasn't so bad. Still used Summons. Tip for Iron Keep:
Use Lighting. Pref. The Sunbro Faith Spell

Took me about 5-10 attempts though. Due to not knowing the "script" but once you do
and abuse the wall/fog-gate
it's pretty easy outside of one attack clipping through some cover to hit you. But meh.

3/4
main objectives done. All that's left is go down the hole I guess?

Though:
Belfry Sol
anything worth doing there? I know assholes will invade so I REALLY don't want to go there just yet but if it's on the "main story" or something I'll do it. :/

I still gotta find the Estus upgrades though...

garath

Switched my dual wielding sword ways to a single +5 greatsword. Damn. Its like a different game. Huge range, huge damage. Sure its slower but I like it. I've been missing out.

The water giants in sinners drop like flies now. Ive been farming them a bit for some easy souls. Once they go away I'll just work on the boss.

TheSeks

Yep your journey continues down in the depths of the pit.

Oh boy. Time to equip the Silvercat ring and attempt to get two items while FREE FALLIN'.

10272703_10100511628251695_3673796498616810407_o.jpg

I smiled. :)

Mistel

Banned
Nah, this is for Strength/Faith great hammer character.

Edit: It's strange that this game doesn't show the item discovery stat in the menus, or if it does I can't seem to find it.
It doesn't show it I believe. I trust your using a Gyrm great hammer for your build. Other things that improve item discovery are the prisoners tatters, gold covetous rings, and the watchdragon parma.
Lion cape works too.
So does the feline boots.

I want to do a character with dexterity weapons and messing around with power stance (not PVP). How do I do this without having an awful time in boss fights?

Does faith or chimes affect the amount of HP healing miracles heal?

Does int/faith affect the strength of fire/lightning/magic/dark weapons?

I think the healing is fixed.

Fire/ Lightning/ Dark do scale with Int/ Faith, but I'm not sure how it works. Magic increases Int scaling and changes the weapon to magic damage, though I don't know against what enemies/ bosses that will be worthwhile.

EasyMode

It doesn't show it I believe. I trust your using a Gyrm great hammer for your build. Other things that improve item discovery are the prisoners tatters, gold covetous rings, and the watchdragon parma.

Yeah, I'm going for that hammer but the character isn't at Pharros yet. Didn't know about the tatters or parma.

Zia

I've been looking through my eight remaining achievements, and besides killing Vendrick (which is driving me fucking nuts; stay on his left hip, I know... doesn't help when he lunges backward and then does that lame horizontal strike), I'm wondering if I shouldn't save the rest for NG+? Some of the spells are apparently only available NG+, and I have to take the NPCs through the boss fights, so I'm wondering if instead of using Ascetics if I should just start my new playthrough? Also, I left my fun covenant to join the Sun Bros so I could get that one spell and it's tedious because nobody is summoning me (sitting at around 3 million SM).

After spending a bit of time with PVP, I'm sad that the lag issues seem to break it so much. So much weird stuff happens. Even more so than DS1, but I guess you can at least make a connection without waiting 20 minutes in this game, so that's good.

GorillaJu

Does faith or chimes affect the amount of HP healing miracles heal?

Does int/faith affect the strength of fire/lightning/magic/dark weapons?

To your second question, yes. Enjoying my dex/faith build very much for this reason. Blacksteel katana infused with lightning has S dex scaling and the lightning dmg scales with faith :O it's lovely and has that sick nasty charge slash on R2

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After spending a bit of time with PVP, I'm sad that the lag issues seem to break it so much. So much weird stuff happens. Even more so than DS1, but I guess you can at least make a connection without waiting 20 minutes in this game, so that's good.

I've been lagstabbed more times than I could count. It is really disappointing.

It's just a huge bummer to be like, 8 feet a way from a dude, then teleport over so they can helplessly pierce you with their halberd.

Edit:

Does anyone have a "things to do before NG+" checklist?

I've got like 40 of all the titanite stones (except slabs), and I think I looted most of the unique treasure I could. Bummed I didn't get those engraved gauntlets though! Never saw the end of the story line.

Cyrano

Yeah, I've definitely had my share of weirdness. The strangest so far are when you die by getting backstabbed because you and the host desync. So weird to see your character Super Time Force into the back of a sword.

Mistel

Banned
I'm wondering if I shouldn't save the rest for NG+? It's tedious because nobody is summoning me (sitting at around 3 million SM).
With a soul memory like that being summoned on NG is going to be a rarity. You should do all the upgrades and farming you need to do then move on. Mounted overseers drop sunlight medals also.
Yeah, I'm going for that hammer but the character isn't at Pharros yet. Didn't know about the tatters or parma.
If your going strength faith pick up a pair of Gyrm axes to power stance or single hand for a good pair of strength scaling weapons.
I want to do a character with dexterity weapons and messing around with power stance (not PVP). How do I do this without having an awful time in boss fights?
If going pure dex +10 blacksteel katanas powerstanced they have S scaling.

I've been lagstabbed more times than I could count. It is really disappointing.

It's just a huge bummer to be like, 8 feet a way from a dude, then teleport over so they can helplessly pierce you with their halberd.

Yeah, I've definitely had my share of weirdness. The strangest so far are when you die by getting backstabbed because you and the host desync. So weird to see your character Super Time Force into the back of a sword.

Yeah, it's just really weird and annoying. I played a bunch of DS1 PVP in the week or two before the DS2 release when there were a bunch of events going on. There were enough people playing that it wasn't too hard to make a connection. I remember running into the occasional lag issues, but for the most part things just seemed to work better.

That combined with the Soul Memory weirdness makes me despair for there ever being a lasting competitive DS2 scene. Ah well -- that's not why I play Dark Souls anyway. For me, PVP is just a fun little diversion from time to time.

As a sendoff to the DS2 PCOT, I will tell everyone the secret to Belltower victory. Equip a big honkin' club (the largest you can find) as well as the best armour you can find. Proceed to two-shot most invaders while they scratch at your armour.

It's all about taking them by surprise.... and it usually works.

See you on the other side!

Zia

With a soul memory like that being summoned on NG is going to be a rarity. You should do all the upgrades and farming you need to do then move on. Mounted overseers drop sunlight medals also.

Huh. Alright. I'm not getting summoned now for stuff like Demon of Song or Nashandra, so I figured I'd out leveled the vanilla stuff.

Gxgear

I've been looking through my eight remaining achievements, and besides killing Vendrick (which is driving me fucking nuts; stay on his left hip, I know... doesn't help when he lunges backward and then does that lame horizontal strike), I'm wondering if I shouldn't save the rest for NG+? Some of the spells are apparently only available NG+, and I have to take the NPCs through the boss fights, so I'm wondering if instead of using Ascetics if I should just start my new playthrough? Also, I left my fun covenant to join the Sun Bros so I could get that one spell and it's tedious because nobody is summoning me (sitting at around 3 million SM).

Only gets harder the more you put it off for later.

I'll miss ya PC OT. ;^;7

There are some spells you'll need to get in NG++ and ascetics won't do the trick, so might as well start sooner.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't been as active in here in a while but it was a good run, PC OT. We fought for your freedom and you lived a good life.

Pour one out

Mistel

Banned
Huh. Alright. I'm not getting summoned now for stuff like Demon of Song or Nashandra, so I figured I'd out leveled the vanilla stuff.
With that soul memory you are likely far above the majority of players in the first playthrough. Moving on will be more fruitful for you.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
As of page 400, here is the PC Wall of Shame

f1B0p3V.png

Y'all fools lucky I ducked out like a quarter of the way through my playthrough to avoid spoilers =p

Cyrano

I wonder at times who started the wall of shame thing.

Also, does anyone else know what exactly some of the final soul spells are supposed to do (thinking particularly of the one that requires 64 Int)? I know they're supposed to mimic certain spells in the older games but they seem really bad. Is there an intended use for them?

Oh wow, I had no idea. I knew I was posting a lot here, but I think I need to take a break. Or someone stage an intervention for me. I'm addicted to Dark Souls II. I just eat, work and sleep with DS2 on my mind.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Also, does anyone else know what exactly some of the final soul spells are supposed to do (thinking particularly of the one that requires 64 Int)? I know they're supposed to mimic certain spells in the older games but they seem really bad. Is there an intended use for them?

Which are you talking about?

Just found out last night that DaS2 doesn't have steam cloud support. Seems like a weird omission when the first game had it and this game is a steamworks title. Hopefully they add it in a future update as I'd rather not have to mess with a 3rd party app to keep it synced and backed up.

Mistel

Banned
I wonder at times who started the wall of shame thing.

Soul geyser is really for PvE aim it at a bigger target right and you pretty much can nearly kill something. Use spices to get
giphy.gif

Garcia

f1B0p3V.png

Y'all fools lucky I ducked out like a quarter of the way through my playthrough to avoid spoilers =p

Wow, I'm part of the Wall of shame, haha. I regret nothing! It's been an amazing ride. :)

TheSeks

I wonder at times who started the wall of shame thing

Someone in a Sony thread probably. But I really don't get why it's a big deal outside of "LOL POSTS THE MOST IN A THREAD LOLZ"

Wouldn't that co-op "God" ring get around that?

Levyne

Banned
Someone in a Sony thread probably. But I really don't get why it's a big deal outside of "LOL POSTS THE MOST IN A THREAD LOLZ"

I think it's a lot more harmless than that. It's just a send off to the previous thread. "I enjoyed discussing with these people and others". Nothing really more or less than that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom