• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

hopefuly someone else makes a thread but basically :

1. make a dummy account, set the region to japan (this is only if youre scared your main account may get banned)

2. buy xbox credit (yen) from microsoftstore (set region to japan, search for yen cards on the site. they will be sent to you within seconds)

3. buy the game, enter a japanese adress, i used the us embassy in tokyo

4. set your xbox region to us or uk or wherever you live

5. download the game

how do you set the region to japan for the store? and how do you search "yen cards"

Man, so it's already translated and ready to go, they're just holding onto the English release because...reasons? That's pretty scummy.

Glad the Xbone folks will get to play it at least while this trick still works. If I hadn't had to sell mine because of some money troubles I had a while ago I'd get it too.

E92 M3

Be warned

This could get you banned on teh Bone

Someone told me people that did this for Fallout4 got the hammer

Why would anyone get banned for buying a game from another region? I can't believe Namco has everything translated and is making us wait for 3 weeks.

Just to confirm before I purchase, Dark Souls 3 for Xbox is just english version from Japan?

Conezays

Confirmed O and X are switched for those wondering so changing the button assignments in the PS4 menu is recommended if you want it to be "regular."

Sky87

Sorry if this has been answered, but does the physical PC version use Steam as DRM? I want it in my Steam library, so i'll buy digital if i have to, even though physical is cheaper.

Sorry if this has been answered, but does the physical PC version use Steam as DRM? I want it in my Steam library, so i'll buy digital if i have to, even though physical is cheaper.

Yes it is on Steam, and my wild ass guess is that it will also utilize Denuvo.

Korosenai

So set account to Japanese, buy the game on Japanese Xbox store, download it, and then switch back to English and play it all you want?

KevinG

I'm also afraid that this move could get me banned on XBL. Don't want that.

How much USD is the Xbox One (Jap) version? Google says $66.

UglyPony

This staggered release is the worst. 3 week media blackout just to play it blind. Thought we were past this horse shit. What could possibly be the reason for this torture?

Anyway, for the few lucky ones. How is the ps4 performance compared to Bloodborne? Did they fix that horrendous slowdown I saw earlier?

Is this version just the American one? Can we play online?

Hopefully MS doesn't ban for this.

It is still the Japanese version, but as already stated, this game is already done localized.
Not sure about the online, ROB said people were banned for buying Fallout 4 somewhere else, but not sure here if From does care or MS does.

artsi

WTF is this, I hurried to get home to start the download but you can't buy the game from JP PSN anymore. I already bought the codes and added funds to my wallet too.

Top Bottom