• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Gonna be real with y'all. If you can't figure it out, you probably shouldn't mess with it. The game is gonna be a good deal more complicated than trying to purchase the game itself. You're just going to frustrate yourself. It might be better to just outright wait (unless something wacky happens).
I mean, I literally followed the instructions in the reddit post. Oh dee well.

Copper

This whole situation is just a huge mess. Im playing the PS4 version but if I would have known about the Xbox I would have just did that. I really hope Namco addresses this shit.

ekim

Gonna be real with y'all. If you can't figure it out, you probably shouldn't mess with it. The game is gonna be a good deal more complicated than trying to purchase the game itself. You're just going to frustrate yourself. It might be better to just outright wait (unless something wacky happens).

Xbox version lets you play in English immediately after buying it on the JP store.

Sylas

Xbox version lets you play in English immediately after buying it on the JP store.
I'd say there's a genuine chance of them removing your license from the console if they discover a fraudulent address. Somethin' seems to be up since they removed the PS4 version from the store, and I can't imagine Namco being pleased about the English version being available through the JP Xbox store.

Who knows, though. This whole situation is real dumb.

bidguy

Banned
I'd say there's a genuine chance of them removing your license from the console if they discover a fraudulent address. Somethin' seems to be up since they removed the PS4 version from the store, and I can't imagine Namco being pleased about the English version being available through the JP Xbox store.

ive been doing this since the xbone came out

nothings gonna happen ....

Kiyo

Doubt it. Dragon Ball Xenoverse also released early in Japan and people were able to buy there and play in English using the same method (it's why some were confident it would work with Dark Souls 3 as well). Bandai Namco didn't do shit about that game either.

Sylas

ive been doing this since the xbone came out

nothings gonna happen ....

Doubt it. Dragon Ball Xenoverse also released early in Japan and people were able to buy there and play in English using the same method (it's why some were confident it would work with Dark Souls 3 as well). Bandai Namco didn't do shit about that game either.

Oh, well. Nevermind!

Krigaren

Bump anyone?

I'm about half way into the game after
Pontiff boss
, and I'd rank it lower than DeS and DaS but better than DaS2 and BB.

The game suffers a lot from reused assets, reskinned bosses and very easy ones at that. The
forest and catacombs area
feels straight out of Bloodborne. The difficulty doesn't go up until you're quite far in and of course there's FPS issues all over the place. Other than that the game is good and feels like Souls.

Most of the bosses are also gimmick fights, which is disappointing.

Still no news on the Souls value of a Sovereignless Soul?

I'm going to have to make a throwaway character when I get home just to find this out, aren't I?

Xeroblade

If you buy it from the xbox.com store via Japanese region, when i enter CC info I can just use my US card info and it should work right?

artsi

Can be found on EU PSN Store still as Coming Soon.

Also exists in my library waiting for download in 19 days. Deluxe Edition.

It's about JP PSN, game is released (and playable for those who preloaded) but it can't be purchased now.

WTF. I already cashed in my PSN cards so it better be there soon.

Nere

Pontiff boss

The game suffers a lot from reused assets, reskinned bosses and very easy ones at that. The
feels straight out of Bloodborne. The difficulty doesn't go up until you're quite far in and of course there's FPS issues all over the place. Other than that the game is good and feels like Souls.

That is sad to hear=(

Sylas

So if it goes up on JP PSN are we assuming it will be in English there as well?

No. Some people already unlocked their copies and are playing and the PS4 copies are not in english. Though there seems to be some fuckery going on with the JP PSN store.

That's bizarre.

Maybe because there's no actual Xbox One disc release in Japan?

Nwah, the game is done and gold, and I think the data is already on the US and EU servers. PS4 version is only available in Japan PSN.
Also MS is more like international, Sony not so much.
I do not get it, the whole localization stuff, why are the One and PS4 not equal regarding languages?

Pontiff boss

Painful criticisms since these are things I was actually wondering about. Along with all the warping, hub area etc. the complete package doesn't really sound nearly as promising anymore.

Top Bottom