• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Timeaisis

So
Invaders can use Estus, but at half the normal healing rate.

Neat.

It does dictate your starting stats and equipment, but as in all Souls games you aren't locked to them. Pick a class that seems like a good fit for you at first, but know that you're free to branch out!

Cool, just wanted to make sure. I guess they are doing the class thing to give newer players more guidance starting out. Makes sense. Mercenary and Assassin look pretty cool.

adf45903744e7637b4f123de17286cb0.gif

Ill leave this here too but i do find this hilarious! Feels like the summon is on a hoverboard

I dunno, so far playing a sorcerer I wouldn't say the game is that much easier than previous entries. Perhaps the melee classes start off in a better position.

Jombie

My death counter if people wants to know:

Iudex
Vordt
Rotting Greatwood
Deacons
Wolnir
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Abyss Watcher(s)
Yhorm
Pontiff
10-15, game really ramps up in difficulty here
Old Demon King
5 so far

Is Yhorm a decent boss?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVb6sVvXOo&feature=youtu.be
Here's the link to my archived 2 hour stream if anyone's interested.

The stream finished with me finding a shortcut to the second boss, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I'm not great at Souls games (managed to clear them all), but I'm really enjoying the game so far. Last 15-20 minutes was me running around trying to not die.
With no healing items, no shortcut, 4k souls and barely any health. I think I did well, dying just in front of the bonfire.
Can't wait to play more tomorrow after work. I also have to remember to buy more arrows and increase STR to equip a better shield I found.

Kyoufu

I love how every time a new Souls game is out people say it feels easier than the previous entry when really it's just them getting used to how the series works.

dealer-

I love how every time a new Souls game is out people say it feels easier than the previous entry when really it's just them getting used to how the series works.

Exactly, people have played these games for hundreds/thousands of hours now. It's pretty much the same game mechanics wise so it's going to be easier.

rdytoroll

People already throwing out words like "easy" and "casual" haha. Guess it's good that I'm a "casual" at these games and can still enjoy them

komorebi

As long as its at least as good as DeS and DaS1, and at least on par with Bloodborne, I will be a happy man. I think Bloodborne is the best of the three games and I hope they took as much as possible from it and pretended that DaS2 doesn't exist.

convo

Some confirmation bias and an edge case like the game launch made people think solo invasions aren't possible, but that rumour has been dashed since the streamers are invading each other. So put that misinformation in the trash

mellow

fav early game weapon?

i'm about to fight the first real boss and it seems like i have 10+ weapons already

not really feeling the uchi all that much but it also seems like they're throwing upgrade materials at me so i may upgrade it for now

Is online working properly? Someone mailed Namco about the pvp system working like in Bloodborne, where the response confirmed it actually worked like in dks1 (which means: you only need to be in ember mode to be invaded).

I was wondering if anyone of you could confirm.

hiryu

Is online working properly? Someone mailed Namco about the pvp system working like in Bloodborne, where the response confirmed it actually worked like in dks1 (which means: you only need to be in ember mode to be invaded).

I was wondering if anyone of you could confirm.

Oroboro got invaded on his stream while he was solo in ember form.

Kiyo

Oh man, Xbox One fps on the second boss fight
Vordt
gets pretty bad. Hope other boss fights aren't like this. Have it preordered on Steam as well just in case.

Game is amazing, just arrived at the first boss. I managed to beat the Katana guy first time 😏. tonnes of blood staines around him lol.

Does anyone know where the guy who gives you the orbs goes after the first encounter? I've got proof of killing someone but can't find him.

Thank you! I tried to stay away from streamers. I tried for a good, oh, 5 seconds and then I caved. It's hard to watch and work at the same time, so for the most part I'm listening to the screams and groans. Every so often I take a peak and see a gigantic dragon and the hype intensifies.

You're welcome.
I know how you feel, I for one do not mind spoilers.
But after 3 weeks this game will be open like a book, especially the thing with the One all languages.

Top Bottom