• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just to make sure, is the performance total shit for everyone? I only just took a break for food from my first session, but holy balls this game runs completely unacceptably bad. The area outside the first "proper" boss room feels like a slide show in particular, but it's bad everywhere. It actually made me decide to go for a strength character so I can use good shields, because dodging with this performance is just awful.

Other than that though I'm really liking it so far. It's quite tough, even for a vet! But part of that difficulty being because of performance issues is putting a huge damper on my fun.

idonteven

Just to make sure, is the performance total shit for everyone? I only just took a break for food from my first session, but holy balls this game runs completely unacceptably bad. The area outside the first "proper" boss room feels like a slide show in particular, but it's bad everywhere. It actually made me decide to go for a strength character so I can use good shields, because dodging with this performance is just awful.

Other than that though I'm really liking it so far. It's quite tough, even for a vet! But part of that difficulty being because of performance issues is putting a huge damper on my fun.

yes fps sucks balls

Shinjica

Oroboro said he died like 20 timed in the first 8 hours, and he's better than most of you. Difficulty will be fine.

Oroboro said he died like 20 timed in the first 8 hours, and he's better than most of you. Difficulty will be fine.

My death counter if people wants to know:

Iudex
Vordt
Rotting Greatwood
Deacons
Wolnir
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Abyss Watcher(s)
Yhorm
Pontiff
10-15, game really ramps up in difficulty here
Old Demon King
5 so far

Then Krigaren is some kind of souls genius. We'll see when it will come out for the rest of the world

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Then Krigaren is some kind of souls genius. We'll see when it will come out for the rest of the world

Or watch the streams, and see the streamers die 10+ times to each bosses. Including the guy who's the farthest in the game right now.

Krigaren

What you see above took me around 9 hours. I can't see people struggle with the first part of the game if you've played Souls before. It's pretty much Bloodborne in terms of difficulty at the start.

It's pretty funny how people somehow thinks the game is bad because you don't die enough, pathetic.

AngryMoth

fuck it, gonna get it digitally. Won't bother with item descriptions but my japanese should be good enough to handle the menus. That launch trailer was too hype

What you see above took me around 9 hours. I can't see people struggle with the first part of the game if you've played Souls before. It's pretty much Bloodborne in terms of difficulty at the start.

Bloodborne was fucking difficult for me at the start. :D I'm pretty good at main Souls games, so I don't think I'll have too many problems. I died to bosses like Capra Demon or Gargoyles 1 or 2 times max on my first ever playthrough. *brag*

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

It's pretty funny how people somehow thinks the game is bad because you don't die enough, pathetic.

So the hardest game in the series?

Mufc1427

Yeah I'm playing on Xbox One and is a shit show when it comes to performance.

mellow

i was looking forward to going for the plat on the JPN version and then on the english one but I guess shared trophies are a thing now? rip

got the lothric knight sword to drop and i'm liking it so far

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Ugh, that sounds terrible. Which console? I don't want another DkS1 shit-show (performance-wise) after BB ran so well (yeah, it had a few issues, but mostly it was stable).

Mister Wolf

fav early game weapon?

i'm about to fight the first real boss and it seems like i have 10+ weapons already

not really feeling the uchi all that much but it also seems like they're throwing upgrade materials at me so i may upgrade it for now

Name all the spear type weapons you've found and there locations please.

komorebi

So the hardest game in the series?

I'd say vanilla Dark Souls 2's cheap bullshit and clueless approach to the world, enemy, and boss designs make it the hardest or at least most frustrating game in the series.

Bloodborne has a few crazy spikes in the 2nd half, but overall the difficulty balance is perfect. Not too hard, not too easy.

I remember it during week 1 though.... I had to solo every boss because I couldn't get any summons thanks to the Suspend/Resume bug (I was on a blackout during my first playthrough so I never realized the game was glitched)

takoyaki

so far, so good. Played around 1h on PS4, made my way to
Firelink Shrine and warped to the Highwall area
from the Network Test. I like how they’ve just changed enough from the Network Test version to still keep you on your toes.

I had some problems with the camera early on, it felt like it was always trying to auto-correct my inputs and it either reacted too fast or too slow. What fixed it for me was disabling one option in the camera menu. It’s called カメラの壁自動回避 , or “automatic wall avoidance option for the camera”. If anyone else has the same problem, try disabling it.

AngryMoth

How come there is no option to pre-order on jpn psn right now?

Edit: am I on the wrong page?
ecjFX65.jpg

d00d3n

I just got "This is Dark Souls":ed by an
ice lizard
two minutes from the starting point. Good job, From! (although it only had about 10% hp left)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'd say vanilla Dark Souls 2's cheap bullshit and clueless approach to the world, enemy, and boss designs make it the hardest or at least most frustrating game in the series.

Bloodborne has a few crazy spikes in the 2nd half, but overall the difficulty balance is perfect. Not too hard, not too easy.

DSII is still the hardest (seriously) if only because it`s cheap as fuck at times. I still really love the game, but replaying it made me realize how horseshit some of it is. Earthen Peak has like 3 invaders, and like 12 extremely fast, powerful knights and dudes shooting arrows at you. You can`t avoid them. You can`t run to the boss without getting hit. You literally need to kill the enemies enough to stop them respawning just to get to the first boss.

But Bloodborne`s second half is easy though. It`s the first half that`s painful as hell. Bloodstarved Beast took me a year to fully figure out. It killed me more than any other bosses in the series. Second half spikes at Yahar`gul but it`s dealable. Cainhurst is supposed to be hard, but I`ve always found it and Logarius to be somewhat of a joke.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, that sounds terrible. Which console? I don't want another DkS1 shit-show (performance-wise) after BB ran so well (yeah, it had a few issues, but mostly it was stable).

I'm on PS4 and wanna say it's way worse than both, definitely worse than launch Bloodborne (though at least the load times are reasonable).

Jobbs

Banned
been playing 3 hours and I've still not beaten the
fatty
first boss... (not the one before firelink, but the one at the bottom of the big stairs)

is it just me or is this game the hardest one yet in terms of the early game?

also can anyone update me on the xbox US version? is that legit and are people in danger of getting their accounts banned?

I'm on PS4 and wanna say it's way worse than both, definitely worse than launch Bloodborne (though at least the load times are reasonable).
Perhaps the price we pay for shorter load times is worse framerate while areas load? If thats the case gimme long loads all day.

takoyaki

Also on PS4. The performance was pretty bad for me as well in the starting area (looks beautiful, but the frame-rate is all over the place). It feels better once you warp to another area, hope it stays that way.

HeelPower

DSII is still the hardest (seriously) if only because it`s cheap as fuck at times. I still really love the game, but replaying it made me realize how horseshit some of it is. Earthen Peak has like 3 invaders, and like 12 extremely fast, powerful knights and dudes shooting arrows at you. You can`t avoid them. You can`t run to the boss without getting hit. You literally need to kill the enemies enough to stop them respawning just to get to the first boss.

The over abundance of bonfires and life gems in DS2 make it the probably the easiest game in the series.

It does have a lot of tedious and cheap moments though.

Is matchmaking turned on by default? I can't seem to summon anyone even when I see their signs.

Also lol at the area
after the second boss
, straight out of bloodborne.

mellow

it took me like 5 attempts to down
vordt

i'm in for a rough ride ~____~

i also feel like i'm completely neglecting weapon arts so far

takoyaki

How come there is no option to pre-order on jpn psn right now?

Edit: am I on the wrong page?

you're on the right page. The game was available for preorder for months, preload started 2 days ago and it's now officially available. but according to people in this thread, you can't purchase it on PSN right now. No idea what's up with that.

This is the PSN store link for DS3, keep checking that and see if they make it available for purchase again.

Top Bottom