• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken said:
It's RDD barring any technical errors and plane malfunctions, the latter which had happened to my copy of LA Noire.

Me too actually, incidentally on the same game. But it's been right on so many times that that's quite the anomaly IMO.

Oh GAF, one minute you're complaining about how shitty the CE is, the next you're complaining about getting a $20 store credit instead of your precious CE.

19Kilo

Damn Newegg :(

Oh well, cool of them to at least offer a $20 off coupon. I used it for ICO & SOTC Collection for a total shipped price of $16. Not bad. I guess I'll pick up DS (regular version most likely) at the store tomorrow.

Finally got through to somebody at newegg on the phone. First tried to tell me that they'll send me an email that allows for 10 dollar reimbursement after I receive the game in the mail. I told him it should be 20 due to the situation and email I got earlier. He said OK and that he'll change the reimbursement to 20 dollars in the email. He really didn't sound very happy and/or sincere about it. Still haven't received this email yet.

Zeliard

It's awesome that there's a new "Pyromancies" spell type, along with Magic and Miracles. There were already several fire-based spells in Demon's Souls so it makes sense that they extended on that a bit and put it in its own category. Looks like whoever wants to effectively be a true Pyromancer up till the end game very well can.

weekend_warrior said:
Oh GAF, one minute you're complaining about how shitty the CE is, the next you're complaining about getting a $20 store credit instead of your precious CE.

Some of us did want the CE.

And the promo code for the $20 doesn't even work.

Persona7

Banned
The_Monk said:
It seems lot of people ordered from Newegg for the CE only, I feel bad for you GAF, but what I really don't understand is why, do they allow people to pre-order the CE and then, saying so close to the release date "sorry, no CE for you".

I mean, what's their plan, they hope people don't mind and therefore by saying that people will get CE they gather more clients? Because if it is, that's very low from them.

I'm Europe, never got any problem like that but seems pretty bad from a company give so much hope to the customers, only to break their promisse one day before the game releases... =/
Maybe they were expecting a shipment of collectors editions but got regulars instead.

mattiewheels said:
Are stores like best buy getting the CE? I really don't expect to find any at gamestops, and newegg just screwed me.

Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart and Gamestop are the only ones listed on Namco's site for getting the CE

Ken

weekend_warrior said:

It sounds like those people actually had their order completely cancelled so if they don't check their emails, they won't be getting any version of Dark Souls at all tomorrow.

Pai Pai Master said:
Some of us did want the CE.

And the promo code for the $20 doesn't even work.

I'm sure if the code doesn't work they'll send you a new one. Newegg isn't some scrub shady internet black market site, they'll fix the problem.

micah said:
Amazon still showing "Shipping Soon". I ordered this back on May 11th. Cutting it to the wire aren't they?

I wouldn't worry. A lot of times with 1-day/release-day delivery you won't get the confirmation/tracking number until some time overnight, well after it ships.

weekend_warrior said:
I'm sure if the code doesn't work they'll send you a new one. Newegg isn't some scrub shady internet black market site, they'll fix the problem.

They're sure acting like it by waiting until TODAY to inform us that they won't have CEs.

micah said:
Amazon still showing "Shipping Soon". I ordered this back on May 11th. Cutting it to the wire aren't they?

May 12th here, and mine says the same. I've been told my Amazon support not to worry though :lol

Oppo

Persona7 said:
Maybe they were expecting a shipment of collectors editions but got regulars instead.

There's actually a very good chance this is just what happened.

Not to defend Newegg or anything, I can't even use them in Canada (I don't think - never tried) but I doubt they cancelled the CEs just to fuck with you. They probably got screwed themselves.

If Newegg is just randomly cancelling orders without notification that is of course awful.

razgriz417 said:
Libby didn't do shit for me and just ended chat

I got her manager Jack and he basically told me nothing can be done, I even brought up the 4-7 day shipping rather than free 3 day shipping and he told me he can't do anything. Basically they won't help you and he told me my code should work in a few hours. I'm going to drop by Gamestop or Bestbuy after work tomorrow and grab a copy, I'm not waiting until next week to get my copy.

Persona7

Banned
Is this the first time some of you have ever used amazon?

I keep seeing people worrying about their order. They will overnight it by tonight and you will have it sometime tomorrow between 10AM and 7PM.

Jhoan

The_Monk said:
It seems lot of people ordered from Newegg for the CE only, I feel bad for you GAF, but what I really don't understand is why, do they allow people to pre-order the CE and then, saying so close to the release date "sorry, no CE for you".

I mean, what's their plan, they hope people don't mind and therefore by saying that people will get CE they gather more clients? Because if it is, that's very low from them.

I'm Europe, never got any problem like that but seems pretty bad from a company give so much hope to the customers, only to break their promisse one day before the game releases... =/

Yup. You can add me to that list of people who got screwed over by Newegg as well. The stupid code doesn't work for me either. I'm extremely mad as I was looking forward to the CE. I keep getting this message:
Although you've entered a valid promo code
Code:
, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria. [/quote]What gives? It looks like I'm gonna have to call as well because I'm annoyed.

FuttBuck said:
I got her manager Jack and he basically told me nothing can be done, I even brought up the 4-7 day shipping rather than free 3 day shipping and he told me he can't do anything. Basically they won't help you and he told me my code should work in a few hours. I'm going to drop by Gamestop or Bestbuy after work tomorrow and grab a copy, I'm not waiting until next week to get my copy.

Yea figured as much, also Walmart was listed on the PreparetoDie.com as having the CE if you're still gunning for it

I decided to go back with Amazon, my expected Delivery date is 10/7 which I'm ok with, too much real work I should be doing this week :/

razgriz417 said:
Yea figured as much, also Walmart was listed on the PreparetoDie.com as having the CE if you're still gunning for it

At this point I don't care, I just want the game. It's just aggravating that I have to waste my time after work to get a copy because Newegg fucked up.

Jhoan

razgriz417 said:

Ohh, I see. That makes complete sense. So Newegg isn't to blame for this because Bandai-Namco didn't add them to the last of stores that were receiving the CE's.

I also read the previous posts that said that it should work in a few hours otherwise, they'll send us a new code, and that the managers can't do anything about it. I'm still annoyed because I was looking forward to the CE and pre-ordered it for that specific reason only.

x3r0123

i ordered my copy back in may and the status hasnt changed yet
i'm going to drop by gamestop and bestbuy tomorrow to see if i can pick up one

FuttBuck said:
At this point I don't care, I just want the game. It's just aggravating that I have to waste my time after work to get a copy because Newegg fucked up.

Yea I dont really care about the CE anymore, I've already DL'd the sountrack, video miniguide and map when someone posted the link to it a few days back. All I'd want is the mini artbook

Jipan said:
Ohh, I see. That makes complete sense. So Newegg isn't to blame for this because Bandai-Namco didn't add them to the last of stores that were receiving the CE's.

I also read the previous posts that said that it should work in a few hours otherwise, they'll send us a new code, and that the managers can't do anything about it. I'm still annoyed because I was looking forward to the CE and pre-ordered it for that specific reason only.

Yea I have a feeling that Bamco jerked all these guys around. Fucking sucks, wished Atlus was the ones publishing it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
razgriz417 said:
Also to note, when you add it to cart, it says it will ship AFTER Oct. 4th. And free shipping now is EggSaver (4-7 Business Days) not UPS Ground. I decided to just say screw that and go with someone else
This post is worth mentioning as well. When I ordered from them I had free UPS guaranteed 3 day. So I went from $49.99 CE I'd be getting Friday or Saturday to a regular edition, a code that doesn't work, no game until next week, and almost no shot of finding a CE because they notified too late. Fuck them.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really frustrated by the reviews of this game. They all seem to come from people who drooled over the first game. I honestly hated the first game (played about a dozen hours, and only that many because I genuinely wanted to see what people enjoyed) and was considering giving this one a shot, but it's hard to tell when noone new to the series seems to be reviewing it let alone any reviewer I trust.

Sayah

Can someone verify if the Kmart $20 promo is in-store or online or both? Please? I asked in the other thread and it seemed like it was in-store only. I called my local Kmart and they said they weren't holding any sort of deal and it was online only. Why can't things just be made clear from the beginning?

RyanDG

cybercircuit1 said:
Amazon order shipped. Release-Date delivery. Delivery estimate: October 5, 2011.

All my hate, amazon.

When did you initially order your game?

I'm still stuck on shipping soon.

mujun

Today's mission:

Grind up some minerals to get a longsword to +10, use Shif's soul to upgrade it to the Astoras (spelling) and then tackle the bottom of the tower the first bonfire is on. Would rather do it that way than use temporary curse items.

RyanDG

LuchaShaq said:
Really frustrated by the reviews of this game. They all seem to come from people who drooled over the first game. I honestly hated the first game (played about a dozen hours, and only that many because I genuinely wanted to see what people enjoyed) and was considering giving this one a shot, but it's hard to tell when noone new to the series seems to be reviewing it let alone any reviewer I trust.

What did you hate about the first game? I've played through Dark Souls once now and Demon's Souls multiple times and I'd be happy to tell you if they fixed any of your complaints with the first title.

mujun

LuchaShaq said:

What do you want to know? I'll give it a shot.

LuchaShaq said:
if you hated demons souls you will most likely hate dark souls

there you go

So, what delivery dates are people getting for their Amazon CE orders? I cancelled my original preorder, and reordered when the CE was offered at a discount in my Quick Pick list. Amazon still says "Not yet shipped" with a delivery estimate of 10/7, with 2-day shipping. Was release-date shipping ever available for this game? I don't remember. With the game releasing tomorrow, an estimate of 10/7 sounds like Amazon won't be shipping it until 10/5, a day after release.

I ordered the PS3 version, btw.

Persona7 said:
One time my delivery estimate for a game was "March 62nd, 1441"

I had a package travel through time at one point, having been delivered in 2003 before it made it to me the next day last year.

George Claw M.D. said:
So, what delivery dates are people getting for their Amazon CE orders? I cancelled my original preorder, and reordered when the CE was offered at a discount in my Quick Pick list. Amazon still says "Not yet shipped" with a delivery estimate of 10/7, with 2-day shipping. Was release-date shipping ever available for this game? I don't remember. With the game releasing tomorrow, an estimate of 10/7 sounds like Amazon won't be shipping it until 10/5, a day after release.

Yup, it for sure had RDD for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom