• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Yoshichan said:
Why should I save my humanity? Any reason? I just wanna use them to kindle asap

edit: God damn guys, Blighttown is THE BEST ZONE IN THE GAME! Stop being such haters, haha

Held humanity gives higher percentages for drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Insaniac said:
my friend is completely stuck at the red dragon on the bridge, he can't get to the safe zone with out burning up. is there a trick or is it just random when the dragon breathes fire?
Maybe he should strip.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
QisTopTier said:
50 I think
Jesus!! Can't wait for me to get over-confident and stack them up to 50 and start farming!

Baha

ProudClod said:
Holy shit. I think I was one of those phantoms. If you were the bow and arrow guy, that is. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me (one of the other guys died early, and then near the end I accidentally walked off the edge. Lost 10k+ souls). Please tell me that was you.

I wasn't using a bow & arrow when I did that run, I used a haldberd/drake sword. IIRC the guys I summoned were Sauron-soemthing and IRStupid.

KorrZ

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol I think I'm overdoing it, I'm soul level 57 and all I've been doing is dilly dallying after ringing the second bell, killing off random bosses mini-bosses before going on with the actual story.

Nah! I'm pretty much the same, only killed one boss after ringing the second bell. SL53 and I just spent 4 hours today grinding large titanite shards to upgrade all my armor to +5 and some weapons. Why rush through the game there's so much you can do on the side.

On a side note, felt like a total idiot spending so long grinding to upgrade a sword and shield to +10 only to later find out after much frustration that I need to go elsewhere to use demon souls :X:X

NBtoaster

Is there something special about the axe you can get from the
gargoyles?

It's worse than an unupgraded battleaxe, and required more dexterity :|

dewkl

Neo Member
I'm at Anor Londo and I suddenly got the message "you left the black eye...something" before the
two large knights inside the main hall (with the big doors that are locked from the inside)
anyone know what this means?

brb

Spoiler question for RIGHT after ringing second bell:

So, I killed the servant guy who was guarding the white spider lady because I said NO to being a new servant and he wouldn't let me through. Now, said white spider lady doesn't talk to me only, "...?". So, did I mess up royally (like i did in Astoria's Forest by attacking the white cat before talking to it, but that's another story) or is it not that big a deal? I can still enter the covenant and upgrade my Estus Flasks with her... just wondering if I missed out on some dialog. :(

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Blight town is seriously one of the lowest of the lows in this game. It is just not good. Between the frame rate the camera and the terrain someone seriously dropped the ball at the design table.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gr1mLock said:
Blight town is seriously one of the lowest of the lows in this game. It is just not good. Between the frame rate the camera and the terrain someone seriously dropped the ball at the design table.
Which is why I keep saying to just sprint past the whole place, you can literally run from the start to end of it in about 15-20 seconds

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dewkl said:
I'm at Anor Londo and I suddenly got the message "you left the black eye...something" before the
two large knights inside the main hall (with the big doors that are locked from the inside)
Was it vibrating? In this case
use can use the black stone, you'll invade Yurt 2.0's world

dewkl said:
The black eye orb that you found at firelink shrine started vibrating. You use it to invade whoever killed the firekeeper.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
QisTopTier said:
Which is why I keep saying to just sprint past the whole place, you can literally run from the start to end of it in about 15-20 seconds

lol this is so my starting strategy without ever having seen it.

Madrical

Banned
I'm stuck.

As a knight, killed the demon on the bridge, but I can't pass that dragon. The only other two routes I can see have ghosts who seem too hard at my level, and skeletons, who take bugger all damage.

What do?

Soma

so for those who've gotten fairly far, what soul level were you when you got through
Sen's Fortress
?

I know this is pretty much where I need to go next but I keep getting my ass kicked by the lizard guards.

vpance

seeds19 said:
I cannot beat the capra demon, i'm soul level 15, is this level fine for fight this boss or i need to grind some levels before fighting him?

I beat the other bosses in this area with this level, but this boss is a pain in the ass, trying different strategies but none of them works, i'm a pyromancer.

I couldn't do it until I had a strong shield and enough attack power to one shot those dogs. If you can't kill those dogs fast enough it's nearly impossible.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
QisTopTier said:

Can you really? I cant see shit there and im not tryin to miss out on items or roll somewhere and mysteriously fucking slip down 445454 different surfaces and end up in a stream of vomit. (as you can tell thats been my experience so far).

Boken

Banned
Madrical said:
I'm stuck.

As a knight, killed the demon on the bridge, but I can't pass that dragon. The only other two routes I can see have ghosts who seem too hard at my level, and skeletons, who take bugger all damage.

What do?
Correct path forward:
Go back to the dragon, unequip your armour (need fastest movement I think) and run like crazy. There should be a staircase down into the bridge on your right hand side, next to where the undead dudes are/were.

psy18

brb said:
Spoiler question for RIGHT after ringing second bell:

So, I killed the servant guy who was guarding the white spider lady because I said NO to being a new servant and he wouldn't let me through. Now, said white spider lady doesn't talk to me only, "...?". So, did I mess up royally (like i did in Astoria's Forest by attacking the white cat before talking to it, but that's another story) or is it not that big a deal? I can still enter the covenant and upgrade my Estus Flasks with her... just wondering if I missed out on some dialog. :(

Did that too but I keep on going and nothing severe/game breaking so far.
From what i've read that eggman sells magic/pyromancy stuff and some item.

The "..." dialogue changes when you wear a certain ring.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gr1mLock said:
Can you really? I cant see shit there and im not tryin to miss out on items or roll somewhere and mysteriously fucking slip down 445454 different surfaces and end up in a stream of vomit. (as you can tell thats been my experience so far).
I'll do a recording later tonight on my shitty camera.

Baby Milo

seeds19 said:
I cannot beat the capra demon, i'm soul level 15, is this level fine for fight this boss or i need to grind some levels before fighting him?

I beat the other bosses in this area with this level, but this boss is a pain in the ass, trying different strategies but none of them works, i'm a pyromancer.
im level 25 and the second i walk in the room he knocks me the fuck out

SpokkX

MrCookiepants said:
The framerate in Blighttown is atrocious.

This game isn't really any better than Demon's Souls. I'm expecting backlash soon.

The framerate really hinders my enjoyment of the game. It is just not pretty bad as in Demon Souls, here there are complete areas that are barely playable :(

Constant 12-15 FPS is something I thought we left in the 486-era

Sseklebeast said:
Other surprises too. ;)

Having been okay against the Depths boss to get the blighttown key, am I going to have problems with these surprises where I'll be screaming at the TV? Or am I going to be happy? Are there even happy surprises in Dark Souls? 8)

blackflag

Shit GAF I need help. I'm about to throw a controller.
killed quelag and couldn't figure out how to get back to firelink. Finally find tree place but that took me to ash lake....now what? What's the fastest way back to Firelink? Want to get the fuck outta this area.

brb

psy18 said:
Did that too but I keep on going and nothing severe/game breaking so far.
From what i've read that eggman sells magic/pyromancy stuff and some item.

The "..." dialogue changes when you wear a certain ring.

Gah, missed out on some potential magic, oh well. Good to know about the ring though :) I even offered humanity and deepened my bond with the covenant as an apology thinking she might start talking to me then but alas... nothing. :p

Booshka

Got my Raw Claymore+1 going. I might revert it back to Claymore+5 if I can make it a Magic weapon with a Green Titanite Shard, where can I find one, and is it worth it to go magic instead of Raw?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy FUCK the gold-hemmed cloak set is amazingly good. Better than the elite armor stats and weighs even less than my starting gear.

brb

blackflag said:
killed quelag and couldn't figure out how to get back to firelink. Finally find tree place but that took me to ash lake....now what? What's the fastest way back to Firelink? Want to get the fuck outta this area.

Fastest way back to Firelink
would be Quelaag to Blighttown and ride elevator/gear lift in to exit to Valley of Drakes which will put you right next to an entrance to New Londo Ruins (key to door is right by it) and just ride the elevator up to Firelink.
:D

1stStrike

Banned
blackflag said:

You... went the wrong way. If you go a little further you'll find the
Dragon Covenant, which is pretty bad ass - especially if you spend some time in PvP to gather the necessary items.

What you need to do is
go back up the tree you came from, head back out to the swamp and run back towards the bosses lair. On the right side is a waterwheel - climb the ladder to get to it, then hop on one of the wooden platforms and ride it up. Proceed on from there - once you get past the tunnel and the metal door you'll be in New London which has an elevator that takes you directly to Firelink.

Kalnos

Banned
FYI. If you're receiving 'summoned failed' on everyone you try to summon but are able to be summoned by other players then you need to forward your ports. Best way to accomplish this is by setting your PS3 to a static IP and putting it in the DMZ on your router. After doing this I have been able to summon players perfectly.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Baha said:
Is it female only armor?

Nope. I found it
in the Demon Ruins under blighttown. It's over by Ceaseless Discharge...the boss itself killed me but I got this so I don't give a damn. :p

1stStrike

Banned
brb said:
Fastest way back to Firelink would be
Quelaag to Blighttown and ride elevator/gear lift in to exit to Valley of Drakes which will put you right next to an entrance to New Londo Ruins (key to door is right by it) and just ride the elevator up to Firelink.
:D

Please edit your post and add spoiler tags as you just gave away a huge chunk of info to people that might not want to be spoiled.

geebee

Banned
burgerdog said:
So I bought the forest key for 20,000 souls and now I'm getting destroyed by an invisible knight. What am I missing?
What people will eventually learn about this game: you don't have to fight every enemy you come across. It's okay to run past them. Seriously, my fastest playthrough of the game was between 7-8 hours and most of the souls I earned for leveling up my character was from bosses. New Game+ and further, though.. that's a different story.

blackflag

brb said:
Fastest way back to Firelink would be Quelaag to Blighttown and ride elevator/gear lift in to exit to Valley of Drakes which will put you right next to an entrance to New Londo Ruins (key to door is right by it) and just ride the elevator up to Firelink. :D
Weird I never found that elevator in blight. I climbed the waterwheel but it didn't go anywhere. Guess I got a lot of backtracking to do. Sob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom