• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Cage thinks having two next-gen Xbox consoles is ‘confusing for developers and players’

“When a manufacturer offers two consoles with different specs, there is a strong chance that most developers will focus on the lower-end version to avoid doing two different versions,” Cage suggested.

“I must confess that I am really not a big fan of this situation. I think it is confusing for developers, but also for players, and although I can understand the commercial reasons behind this choice, I think the situation is questionable.”

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
KMfszNj.gif

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The fact it's a single internal spec configuration throughout, definitely gives Sony the edge when it comes to the overall results.

The Sony side is gonna have more customization happening, inevitably. And that makes a difference. So I think David Cage has a point, to a certain extent.

Three

The same way an Xbox one s and an Xbox one X is confusing or a PS4 and a PS4 pro?

Shurrrrup David.
What the hell do you think happened with the xbox one X and ps4 pro? Exactly what he said:

“When a manufacturer offers two consoles with different specs, there is a strong chance that most developers will focus on the lower-end version to avoid doing two different versions,”

Most of the time the One X got the One S versions at higher res to the point where foliage or whatever present in the PS4 version were missing from the One X version. The PS4 Pro got the same crap. A lower spec machine becomes the bar and only easy wins are gained with res/fps . The saving grace this gen is that there is only one PlayStation 5 spec that is relatively close to Xbox Series X. It will have a big install base so PS5 being lead platform porting to Series X at slightly higher res/fps and then down to Series S is viable if annoying. If Sony pulls the same shit that MS is doing now too come next gen the higher spec versions will be screwed.

Maybe he think all developers are as dumb as he is, 2 options is one to many duuuuurrrrrrr
Hur dur, shut up. His games may or may not be fun or even games depending on the person but you cannot deny they are graphical/technical marvels.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see wat the majority of publishers’ approach is going to be for the next 6 years or so, and whether they will port up using the Series S version as the main one, or port down from either one of the two top-end machines.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hur dur, shut up. His games may or may not be fun or even games depending on the person but you cannot deny they are graphical/technical marvels.

Wonder how he got the last one done when it was on PS4, PS4 pro and PC.... TO MUCH CONFUSION!

PS:
I actually love his games, I enjoy the story based games like his stuff, dontnod and telltales games

Three

Wonder how he got the last one done when it was on PS4, PS4 pro and PC.... TO MUCH CONFUSION!

PS:
I actually love his games, I enjoy the story based games like his stuff, dontnod and telltales games
Exactly as he suggested. He focused on the PS4 version then gained easy res bumps for the Pro.

Top Bottom