• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day Care Gets Racist Letter Demanding They Fire Black Employee For Being Too Dark

Mookee

Not that I put it past a huge segment of our population to do something like that, but it really reads like a parody (as mentioned). Awful either way.

If it was a parent they should have just signed it. If they don't follow your demands, you're gonna reveal yourself when you take your kid out. Now all the parents are hostage, because anyone that takes their kid out for any reason is going to seem like they're in league with that parent.

As a black dude, I’m not even going to pretend to be shocked by something like this. The fact that someone can write a racist troll ass letter and have it be spread and piss a bunch of people off, makes me hate the internet sometimes. Anyways they can enjoy their 15 mins of race bait fame, I hope the dumbass(es) get caught.

Nepenthe

Even if it's a troll, someone thinks that that's an appropriate thing to troll about under the guise of anonymity. Their axles can break on the highway for all I care.

Budi

At least they put it in a cheery font? Racism goes down better with a healthy application of good comic sans
Yeaaah, not like the content of the letter wasn't horrible enough. But using that kind of font makes it extra morbid.

That reads like a troll letter from somebody who's not actually a parent at the daycare but who thinks it'd be funny/hilarious to send it with the over the top "Look I'm super racist and a Trump supporter due to the last line! LOOK HOW RACIST I AM."

It's just childish internet dribble, whoever wrote it needs to grow the fuck up.

Yup, very internet trollish. I don't think it's a parent either.

That reads like a troll letter from somebody who's not actually a parent at the daycare but who thinks it'd be funny/hilarious to send it with the over the top "Look I'm super racist and a Trump supporter due to the last line! LOOK HOW RACIST I AM."

It's just childish internet dribble, whoever wrote it needs to grow the fuck up.

Reading it made me think the same thing. However, whoever did write it, is scum and hopefully gets caught.

dbztrk

This seems so over the top that it seems unreal. But considering this is America. It's most likely real. Disgusting!

You realize it being a racist troll wouldn't make it less bad right?

This always confuses me when people offer it up as an explanation (and often a way to insist it's somehow not a serious issue). It is still utterly horrible and completely unacceptable, just for different reasons.

'Oh, they were only dehumanising a black woman and calling her an eyesore as a joke, so no harm done'

I don't believe in the death penalty, but I'll make an exception for any motherfucker who uses jokerman as their font of choice. Particularly when conceiving incoherent racist threats.

It really does seem so incomprehensible moronic that it cannot be anything other than a troll. Or maybe I am thinking that because the idea of people so stupid in our society is legitimately scary?

Occam

Just look at the way the letter is composed.
Low intelligence -> low education -> lifelong feeling of inferiority -> embracing racism to bolster low self esteem and create feeling of superiority

TheContact

Typical 45 voter: ignorant and uneducated. Good luck finding a day care without black workers. Also, pretty cowardly for not putting her name on the paper. She should be fired from her job and SHE should be the one who has to work at McDonald’s.

No matter what we just ain't welcome. My daughter is one of two black children in a daycare abd I'd be furious to see some dumb shit like this.

Why are MAGA (can I call them magats?) folk so scummy?

People here trying to rationalize it as a joke or troll. It’s more likely thought out to mask a writing style or pattern of speaking. Racism isn’t only for uneducated people and being too black isn’t something new. If you don’t think this same sentiment happens at daycares, when their kids make black friends, when they try to date a black person, or try to bring one into their families you are kidding yourselves.

The perfect description of the orange turd: “Most people don’t think like this but there are always knuckleheads that want to stir the pot.”

Agreed, this seems fake af.

Troll or not, it's still fucking racist and incredibly hurtful garbage.

rjinaz

People here trying to rationalize it as a joke or troll. It's more likely thought out to mask a writing style or pattern of speaking. Racism isn't only for uneducated people and being too black isn't something new. If you don't think this same sentiment happens at daycares, when their kids make black friends, when they try to date a black person, or try to bring one into their families you are kidding yourselves.

Yeah it's pointless because we'll never know. Parent or troll. Who cares, the end result is the same. This woman experienced something that nobody should have to. The words are as bad as words get. I can't even imagine what this would feel like, being White.

Then to top it off, she's getting threats from Trump supporters.

This person needs jail, badly.

That last line definitely sounds like ‘parody’

Wouldn’t be shocked if it was some asshole trying to cause a stir in the center to be “funny”. Still terrible

Cyframe

Why even mention the fact that it could be a potential troll? It doesn't change the fact that the woman is being harassed. To me, there's no difference between trolling and harassment because too often the same effects are the results. Trolling is a term that dismisses egregious behavior by giving it a harmless sounding name.

Also, people might be surprised but racists, the ones that I've dealt with are very blunt like this. They know which of your sensitivities to step on and they do so without mercy.

I feel bad for the woman, I really do. Colorism is an issue within my community and that's not something she needed to hear. She didn't deserve that.

Occam

That last line definitely sounds like ‘parody’

Wouldn’t be shocked if it was some asshole trying to cause a stir in the center to be “funny”. Still terrible

Before Trump I would have thought the same. Now it seems plausible.
Modern America is like a constant warning to the rest of the world.

rjinaz

You know, before 2016, I wouldn't have believed that a racist 70 years would become president and act like a 7 year old on Twitter, and yet here we are. People can be this awful. Even if you think it is fake, this shouldn't be dismissed. It's awful all around, especially now that threats are involved.

The last line does seem a bit too on the nose, but, the person also could have been trying to be as hateful as possible, which would make it seem quite stupid to those that don't think like this, and it could be translated as "this is how things are now".

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's doesn't matter if it is fake or not. The content of the letter is disgusting and racist. It's not funny either way.

Also, what does it mean by "look like a NANNY"? I'm a bit confused since nanny is a legitimate job and a quick Google search didn't help. Unless it was a spelling error.

As a black dude, I'm not even going to pretend to be shocked by something like this. The fact that someone can write a racist troll ass letter and have it be spread and piss a bunch of people off, makes me hate the internet sometimes. Anyways they can enjoy their 15 mins of race bait fame, I hope the dumbass(es) get caught.

People here trying to rationalize it as a joke or troll. It's more likely thought out to mask a writing style or pattern of speaking. Racism isn't only for uneducated people and being too black isn't something new. If you don't think this same sentiment happens at daycares, when their kids make black friends, when they try to date a black person, or try to bring one into their families you are kidding yourselves.

Why even mention the fact that it could be a potential troll? It doesn't change the fact that the woman is being harassed. To me, there's no difference between trolling and harassment because too often the same effects are the results. Trolling is a term that dismisses egregious behavior by giving it a harmless sounding name.

Also, people might be surprised but racists, the ones that I've dealt with are very blunt like this. They know which of your sensitivities to step on and they do so without mercy.

I feel bad for the woman, I really do. Colorism is an issue within my community and that's not something she needed to hear. She didn't deserve that.

Gonna highlights these again for peeps because they need to be read again and taken in fully.

rjinaz

It's doesn't matter if it is fake or not. The content of the letter is disgusting and racist. It's not funny either way.

Also, what does it mean by "look like a NANNY"? I'm a bit confused since nanny is a legitimate job and a quick Google search didn't help. Unless it was a spelling error.

Yeah I'm not liking some of the replies in this thread, just "it looks fake" like that was there only take away here. Really?

As for the nanny thing, it's probably best not to go down that hole, racism isn't supposed to make sense.

I have no doubt a actual parent wrote this

Wtf? Have you guys not been paying attention? This kinda stuff is standard in America, always has been.

Seik

Banned
Holy shit.

Part of me is hoping that this letter is fake, but it's probably very real.

I'd fucking write a counter letter saying "Go ahead and sign off your child you racist piece of shit." with the same font lol.

Every day I see shit like this I feel guilty as hell for having kids in this climate. It's digustint and I for one do not want to rub shoulders with people who treat others this way. The writers kids can also be a future problem, when does it stop? How does it stop?

What an awful example of a 'human being'.

I think you mean economically anxious letter because daycare can be expensive as shit! /s

Lol. When daycare prices are so high, it's only natural that people would act on their baser instincts and begin to send anonymous letters.

Racist Parent Elegy.

Violet_0

Banned
That letter reads like a joke (and that fucking font man). I mean, my faith in humanity has never been high (or even in the positives to begin with), but this...this has to be a joke. Right? Please be a joke.

/edit: Hell even if it was a joke (I'm almost certain it is, the letter just checks too many boxes), that's some fucked up shit.

yeah, the letter is ofc super racist, but full of internet slang. Something someone on r/thedonald would type. Not really sure if a parent wrote this

Top Bottom