• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day Care Gets Racist Letter Demanding They Fire Black Employee For Being Too Dark

Can imagine the excuse if they ever find who sent the letter.
"I'm not actually racist. It was written ironically. Can't you take a joke?"

Astral Dog

So basically, if the parent removes their kid. They know exactly who sent it then.

Do people even think this shit out?
well she could convince a few more racists parents but, it doesn't really matter they should be happier without them, shame the children will be teached their racist ways though

That reads like a troll letter from somebody who's not actually a parent at the daycare but who thinks it'd be funny/hilarious to send it with the over the top "Look I'm super racist and a Trump supporter due to the last line! LOOK HOW RACIST I AM."

It's just childish internet dribble, whoever wrote it needs to grow the fuck up.
It does kind of sound like it. That MAGA reference came out of left field.

I don't know what's worse, the letter itself or the fact that after it went viral, more white supremacists sent even more threats in retaliation to a daycare.

I don’t understand why so many people want to break a lance and not call it what it is. This is not a fucking joke.

Some people will always try to find an angle to downplay racist shit black people in this nation faces. "It's just a troll! By giving them attention you're doing what they want so let's not talk about this, k?"

Fucking hell that's horrible. I feel sorry for those children having to be brought up by these absolute cunts.

"I hope you make her aware shes not wanted"

Horrible, horrible cunt.

And their grasp of the English language! These kids have no hope in life.

Raiden

Banned
Trying to make your daycare great again? Come on?? No way thats not some douchebag trying to be funny in the most horrible way.

Its just too much to make me think a parent actually wrote this for real.

Composer

I'm not usually the one that suggests this stuff, but this screams fake to me. Especially that last line about making the daycare great again. It's just all too cheesy.

Just reads like a teenage, alt-right, 4 chan browsing idiot wrote it, I guess I hope it is anyway.

Real talk: this shit spreads far wider than you think. People should abandon any notion they have of these people being sweaty basement dwelling outcasts. It’s a popular misconception, but it masks the fact that these people and their sentiments are everywhere —even in people you would expect to be more mature than this shit.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
whatthehell is a NANNY

I'm guessing they were alluding to "mammy"

A mammy, also spelled mammie,[2] is a Southern United States archetype for a black woman who worked as a nanny or general housekeeper that, often in a white family, nursed the family's children.[3] The word mammy originated as an alteration of mamma, meaning mother.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammy_archetype

And I don't know who pisses me off more these days. Racist, nazi fucks or their apologists.

Why would a young internet nazi know or care about daycare staff enough to write this?

Again, we shouldn't downplay these racist situations to be trolls or fake or satire. Take racism at face value. Does it make it easier in our heads to dismiss it than if it was an actual parent who wrote this? We should apply Occam's Razor to racist acts. Until some further evidence comes out that it was some young nazi who did this for the lulz, I would rather believe this is from a racist parent.

Derwind

I wonder if they follow through with their threat and pull their kids from that daycare. Wouldn't that lose them their anonymity?

PixelatedBookake

I honestly can't get into the mind of a racist to make sense out of this. Why even care? I'd like to imagine doing anything else is more fun than writing a racist letter to someone.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Yeah. It's got to be a parody. Just reading through it, it's far too self aware, and seems to be almost mocking the stereotype of the racist Trump supporter in places.

Which makes it no less vile and hateful. It just reads like the work of someone who thinks they're much cleverer than anyone reading it. Pure troll. If I wanted to track down the culprit I wouldn't be looking at parents - I'd be looking at older siblings or, unfortunately, people with no personal connection to the nursery.

And I wouldn't use the term "false flag" either - not in the traditional sense. Would be way too easy to write something that's more convincing as the work of a racist parent. This is written to be read, and to show the 'superior intelligence' of the writer.

Biff

I guess those calling it a troll aren't at the age yet when their circle of friends are having kids.

I can 100% see this being a real. A racist absolutely would go this far if it meant doing something to "improve" the life of their kid. Parents are weird beasts oh their own. Racist parents are complete monsters, I'd imagine.

____

As a dark-skinned black guy, I’ve been ridiculed about my complexion pretty much my entire life, from as early as elementary school. At age 30 now, I can’t lie and say I don’t still feel people think this type of shit about me behind my back, just as they make “lighthearted jokes” about it to my face. Good to see it -does- actually happen and I’m not just paranoid.

Also good thing I give zero fucks about others’ opinions of me. Or at least don’t let it affect me or change how I live my life. Expected but still disappointing and I’m sorry this woman had to be a target.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Sounds like 4chan-tier trolling, to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me to see this originating from a thread on /pol/ or something. Them trying to get racist shit to go viral is like their favorite pasttime.

But never doubt the sheer stupidity of human beings. Could just as well be another racist asshat too cowardly to write his/her name. Fucking shameful. Hope they find out who did it.

whatthehell is a NANNY

Alberto_Henschel_-_Baba_com_o_menino_Eugen_Keller.jpg

rjinaz

So basically, if the parent removes their kid. They know exactly who sent it then.

Do people even think this shit out? Write a dumbass racist letter with a threat, anonymously. Except the threat of removing your kid can't be done anonymous.

I thought that, but the problem now is this woman is getting threats. I wouldn't blame a parent for withdrawing their child, at least for the time being. I'm not so sure I would, but I could see it.

Sounds like 4chan-tier trolling, to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me to see this originating from a thread on /pol/ or something. Them trying to get racist shit to go viral is like their favorite pasttime.

But never doubt the sheer stupidity of human beings. Could just as well be another racist asshat too cowardly to write his/her name. Fucking shameful. Hope they find out who did it.
Just call people on Pol who would do this what they are. Racists.

BriGuy

I mean I have no doubts that letter is real.

But God damn it reads like a fucking parody.

The intention is real. The veracity of whether or not it's an actual parent that uses the daycare is more of an open question. It doesn't really matter either way though.

Ryuuroden

If it is a troll letter, that should still not take away from how aweful it is. If the person who wrote it, wrote it as a joke, it doesn't make them a better person than a dyed in red racist. It would make them just as culpable and sociopathic as an actual racist due to the obvious lack of reasoning to see how the letter could hurt someone.

If it is a troll letter, that should still not take away from how aweful it is. If the person who wrote it, wrote it as a joke, it doesn't make them a better person than a dyed in red racist. It would make them just as culpable and sociopathic as an actual racist due to the obvious lack of reasoning to see how the letter could hurt someone.
They would have to be a racist to specifically target a black person like this even "as a joke".

rjinaz

They would have to be a racist to specifically target a black person like this even "as a joke".

Yeah it seems like people are confusing the different viewpoints shared in this thread so far.
You have:

It's a racist internet troll
It's a false flag, somebody doing this to prove racism is real
It's real, from a parent

Yeah it seems like people are confusing the different viewpoints shared in this thread so far.
You have:

It's real, from a parent
The false flag claim is absurd. We don't need to manufacture this shit to prove racism is real and were we to, doing it in such a way as to target an individual demonstrates zero empathy for the human being it centers on.

Violet_0

Banned
Some people will always try to find an angle to downplay racist shit black people in this nation faces. "It's just a troll! By giving them attention you're doing what they want so let's not talk about this, k?"

all those asshole trolls on 4chan and other alt-right sites are still racists, even if they try to mask it by pretending that they don't really mean it, or "it's just a joke". It's a different flavor of racism, these are not the people who march around with torches on the streets or write sincere angry letters to day care centers. They deliberately create and spread the hateful fake news, they're not the ones who believe in it

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Whats the difference?

At one point, I was willing to believe that maybe they do just want to facilitate conversation or maybe they actually just don't understand and this was due to the fact that no one in my life has ever defended fucking nazis.

But when I see the lengths people are willing to go through here on GAF and across the internet to deflect, minimize and normalize nazis, I'm at the point where I'm not willing to make the distinction between them anymore.

Betty

Banned
Lighthearted? What?

If it was an actual parent actually upset I don't feel they'd make light of the situation, it would be all serious, and the paper thin threats against the daycare centre seem really silly.

I hear what everyone else is saying though, I just hope it's not a parent because that's just sad.

Ryuuroden

You have:

It's real, from a parent

It's like that woman who told her black friend at school in Kentucky when trump was elected to not worry, she would ask her parents to buy her when slavery is reinstated. It's not fucking funny, it's racist and you don't fucking make jokes about it. If you do, your a racist.

The people focusing on whether this is serious or not are fooling themselves. Earlier in the year a daycare in the town just North of me received a threatening letter from white supremacists. These assholes are everywhere.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
No, because a parent can pull their kid out of a day care for many, many reasons other than being the one that wrote that letter.

This makes me feel bad for the white parent who, for a completely valid reason, was about to take their kids out of the daycare next week.

If it was an actual parent actually upset I don't feel they'd make light of the situation, it would be all serious, and the paper thin threats against the daycare centre seem really silly.

I hear what everyone else is saying though, I just hope it's not a parent because that's just sad.

Regardless if it is a parent or not there is nothing light about this letter

FaintDeftone

I could see some parents being uncomfortable with having their children in a place where they received a letter like this.

I know I would. I’d be afraid this psycho parent would come in and do something stupid, putting my child at risk.

I hope they catch this person, boot their kids out of the daycare and get them arrested.

necrosis

the author(s) of that letter are fucking human garbage

hope they do something to get their kids taken away. growing up with racist shithead parents isn't productive

Top Bottom