• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day Care Gets Racist Letter Demanding They Fire Black Employee For Being Too Dark

Daingurse

Whoever wrote this is a racist piece of shit.

Doesn’t matter if it’s fake or real, if it’s racially motivated than clearly it’s racist. I think a big problem I’m seeing in this thread is that some people here seem to think racism is not as bad if you’re trolling which is a terrible mindset.

Yep. It makes no fucking difference. This is a racist act. The writer's intent is irrelevant.

Mortemis

Banned
Those saying they hope its fake or a joke, what does that do? Do we laugh it off and then ignore it? Doesn't matter to me if it's fake or whatever, someone is clearly hateful enough to write that shit, I don't care about the true intentions or whatever.

Fuck the scum who wrote that letter.

I'm pretty sure the writer knew it was pretty malicious, so they felt like changing the font to something flowery would soften the tone or something.
But it has a different affect.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I am assuming one of the kids wrote that because they don't like the worker mentioned in the letter. Also because of the font.

Slayven

article-king-1113.jpg

That reads like a troll letter from somebody who's not actually a parent at the daycare but who thinks it'd be funny/hilarious to send it with the over the top "Look I'm super racist and a Trump supporter due to the last line! LOOK HOW RACIST I AM."

It's just childish internet dribble, whoever wrote it needs to grow the fuck up.

I got the same vibe, not that it makes it less reprehensible. Also, has this person never heard of commas before? Ugh.

JeTmAn81

That reads like a troll letter from somebody who's not actually a parent at the daycare but who thinks it'd be funny/hilarious to send it with the over the top "Look I'm super racist and a Trump supporter due to the last line! LOOK HOW RACIST I AM."

It's just childish internet dribble, whoever wrote it needs to grow the fuck up.

That was my impression as well. This is from someone who intended to create a controversy.

Downhome

There is no way thats an actual parent. It's some idiot thinking this is so funny, hoping it makes the news for laughs. No parent is going to pull their kids.

Heck, even if one of the parents were thinking about pulling them for any reason at all may not even be willing to do so out of fear of folks thinking they were the ones that wrote the letter. It sucks for those folks too, they are in a bad spot.

Whoever wrote it is a moron.

Doesn’t matter if it’s fake or real, if it’s racially motivated than clearly it’s racist. I think a big problem I’m seeing in this thread is that some people here seem to think racism is not as bad if you’re trolling which is a terrible mindset.
This is a great post. While I believe thast the letter is more akin to internet trolling, possibly written by one of the parents teenage kids rather than a sincere racist rant from a truly concerned parent, that doesn't lessen the impact of this vile behavior. That there are people who think this shit is okay is disturbing.

Even if this is just someone trolling for attention, the entire premise behind this is so fucked up.

"Man, I'm bored. I know, why don't I use a daycare as a platform to make a black woman feel like shit?"

Slayven

There is no way thats an actual parent. It's some idiot thinking this is so funny, hoping it makes the news for laughs. No parent is going to pull their kids.

Heck, even if one of the parents were thinking about pulling them for any reason at all may not even be willing to do so out of fear of folks thinking they were the ones that wrote the letter. It sucks for those folks too, they are in a bad spot.

Whoever wrote it is a moron.

Yeah they are in a bad spot. Not the woman that insulted just because of her skin.

Some one think of the white people

kirblar

What trash parents and people.

I was scared of the first black person I saw in person. I was 6. I got over it because I had to confront that, just like riding a bike, swimming in a pool, or countless other things we do as kids that make us uncomfortable but are necessary for growing as a person.

I hope they find who sent this.

Maddness

What the absolute fuck?

If this was a parent they probably talk like this in front of their kids. So just sit the kids down and ask if any of them have heard any comments about the lady and I bet they'd probably say whatever their piece of shit parents say at home. Kids have no filter.

I fucking hate people more and more every day.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Somebody should let the employee know it's just jokes, that's bound to make everything better

SomTervo

"Make it disappear" is probably the most nightmarish phrase in that letter

Not that the rest of it isn't fucking nightmarish

Kaizer

Banned
As a black dude, I’m not even going to pretend to be shocked by something like this. The fact that someone can write a racist troll ass letter and have it be spread and piss a bunch of people off, makes me hate the internet sometimes. Anyways they can enjoy their 15 mins of race bait fame, I hope the dumbass(es) get caught.

Dice//

Banned
Make amerikkka great again!

Really wish that would trend in the face of some of the bullshit we've seen the last little while.

I can't believe how repeatedly floored I am by what's happening in the US; honestly thought they were better than that, but this vocal minority (I really hopeit's just a few dumb loudmouths) is getting ridiculous.

Mahonay

Banned
Really wish that would trend in the face of some of the bullshit we've seen the last little while.

I can't believe how repeatedly floored I am by what's happening in the US; honestly thought they were better than that, but this vocal minority (I really hopeit's just a few dumb loudmouths) is getting ridiculous.
Racism is still a driving force here in America, despite the insistence from a lot of white people that it was somehow no longer an issue.

besada

Banned
The number of people in here treating this as a joke, or a troll, is incredibly depressing. Real people send real hate filled letters like this. Maybe you're too sheltered to know that, but it happens and it happens pretty often.

Frankly, it's hard to tell whether this is naivete, or an attempt to pretend that what's happening in the country isn't happening because it makes you uncomfortable. Either way, depressing.

Tarydax

Banned
Fucking hell, "Make it disappear"? The rest of the letter is abhorrent but that one phrase just . . . stands out.

Absolutely disgusting.

Slayven

Jeez had he broke ruths record they might have tried to kill him
Wouldn't be shocked if he had sercuity for a while. But is funny because those people are probably alive today and what Atlanta has turned into is probably killing them.

The number of people in here treating this as a joke, or a troll, is incredibly depressing. Real people send real hate filled letters like this. Maybe you're too sheltered to know that, but it happens and it happens pretty often.

Frankly, it's hard to tell whether this is naivete, or an attempt to pretend that what's happening in the country isn't happening because it makes you uncomfortable. Either way, depressing.

Disheartening as fuck.

When it comes down to it, this is America and anti-blackness is one of the oldest pastimes of our country. Racist jokes have long been a thing and when these people who don't actually have racist jokes or racism directed at their expense in general hear of stuff like this, they brush it off because in a lot of their upbringing, stuff like this was "just jokes" to them

End of the day, black people's trauma and pain is just a joke to white america

Somnid

Well, you can probably narrow down who wrote it by who pulls their children out following the letter. If they don't pull out you get to indoctrinate their children.

And people wonder why people punch KKK and white supremacists. This is the shit you're normalizing, this is the thing you're letting be heard and grow because you want to handle them with kid gloves. Because they should have the right to spew their hateful rhetoric without repercussions. Joke or not this is disgusting and shouldn't just be tolerated or hand waved away.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
And here I am happy that my sons day care teachers are Hispanic and Indian. And my daughters are black and Hispanic.

Theres also a ton of diversity in each of their classes.

No matter what we just ain't welcome. My daughter is one of two black children in a daycare abd I'd be furious to see some dumb shit like this.

Why are MAGA (can I call them magats?) folk so scummy?
Hate and fear.

Are you k.jack's alt or have any relation to him/her? The post didn't have a disclaimer of sarcasm and forgive people if they believe the post is sincere because many people here will care first about hypothetical white people than minorities. Remember all the disruptive protest threads. It happened so often that a fictional character was made from the concern.
O2I3Lxd.png

For the life of me, I'll never understand why a meme was made out of something that actually happened. You're literally mocking someone's death.

Paramedics were delayed Berkeley by protest — patient later died

Berkeley firefighters, following protocol, were instructed not to go directly to the scene. Instead, they were required to stay at the fire station and wait for police to accompany them, according to Fire Department records first released to the Berkeleyside website through a state Public Records Act request. Berkeleyside first reported on the incident in December.

It was at least the second time in recent years that a protest in Berkeley caused a departure in emergency response in a case that ended with someone's death.

Johndoey

Banned

Seriously. Acting like this is somehow too ridiculous to be real is to be ignorant of the history of this country.

It's not of these. I'm clearly aware people send hate letters and that there's many more than this one. No my point is that this one in particular looks incredibly dumb. The "Make the day care great again" and the font. The next level would be shiny sparkles on the paper and stickers all over the letter. Hence why I'm claiming it reads like a parody.

It doesn't change the fact that it's very likely serious and that, even in the really low possibility, this is a troll, it's in any case a genuinely racist and disgusting letter.

Where does it imply that?

The second paragraph "You know you are a complete fraud and a great liability to all of us negroes."

I'd assume that letter is written by someone pretending to be black and the op letter is written by someone pretending to be a parent. The letters are horrible, racist and disheartening about American society, but they are also trying to create a fake truth by lying about who they are written by.

Tom Nook

What a nasty letter!! I'm furious reading that. Holy Shit!

"We the parents pay for your morgage"? Fuck off with that shit!

Violet_0

Banned
It's not of these. I'm clearly aware people send hate letters and that there's many more than this one. No my point is that this one in particular looks incredibly dumb. The "Make the day care great again" and the font. The next level would be shiny sparkles on the paper and stickers all over the letter. Hence why I'm claiming it reads like a parody.

It doesn't change the fact that it's very likely serious and that, even in the really low possibility, this is a troll, it's in any case a genuinely racist and disgusting letter.
and the excessive use of exclamation marks. And the completely random McDonald's job suggestion. And the, um, weirdly "playful tone" of the letter

though I realize that it's extremely unlikely that we find out who wrote this, and it might not be really relevant either

The second paragraph "You know you are a complete fraud and a great liability to all of us negroes."

I'd assume that letter is written by someone pretending to be black and the op letter is written by someone pretending to be a parent. The letters are horrible, racist and disheartening about American society, but they are also trying to create a fake truth by lying about who they are written by.

Most likely, a random internet troll didn't randomly find a daycare and specific real life black person to harass. It mostly was a parent of a child who attended this daycare who wrote these letters, not a random internet troll for jokes like you seem to want to believe

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Demonstrating what Trump's supporters *really* hear when he says "Make America Great Again."

Well said, focusing and frankly diverting the discussion screams denial in best case. Depressing.

The shithead who wrote this got exactly what he/she wanted. To hurt someone deeply. And no matter how they write things, that is what they got.

Darknight

Wouldnt the person who wrote it take their kid out of the daycare soonish?

I hope all these types of letters are put in history books to show the amount of racist Donny brought out.

Top Bottom