• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ Early Access Thread - We dont go to Stary Sobor

This game is really cool until you run into zombies.

I mean, there's something really wrong with that, of course -- they walk through walls, take 10000 hits with melee weapons, and are about as threatening as a freshly squeezed shit.

Like, how? How can the one thing your zombie game needs to do partway right be so utterly horrible? It's one thing to say the game is early access, but damn; sheer incompetence.

While I agree that the zombies are an absolute mess right now, melee-ing them isn't too bad as long as you're melee weapon is prepared (your character will be holding it up in front/to the right of them instead of down to the left). I haven't played all that much, but that makes a huge difference and as long as I dance around enough, I can usually avoid getting hit. Though, 6 out of 10 encounters usually end with me bleeding.

I hope it all gets worked out, but it's probably incredibly difficult to adapt melee into an engine that (I think) had zero support for it.

Jordan

I've put ten hours into the Early Access after holding off from getting the mod for a long time. I understand the game is in Alpha also.

Had a lot of characters, many of them I only found guns on, and no ammo, a few I've actually had ammo, I've killed one person in my entire time on there, and then ten minutes later I fell off a building due to a glitch and died and he stole all my gear on return.

Today, I had been running round a server for over an hour, searching for some individuals and I saw that all the doors were open and decided to go a bit defensive, then heard someone opening a can of drink and drinking it - started looking around and was attacked by a M4A1 from quite some range, managed to find the guy and took a few shots at him, and then another one appeared, I was already heavily bleeding at this point. I started to run away to try and bandage up and as I got behind the wall, I was shot in the face and I fell to my dead. I was massively disappointed as I don't know the maps that well and it had taken me so long to actually get anywhere. But alas, new character, new attempt. I need some friends to have my back, but none of my friends have yet.

Overdoziz

Banned
lol, what? I never played the mod, but I can't even imagine more pointless, dysfunctional zombies in a zombie game. They don't respond to sound. They only appear in one's. They walk through walls and doors. Circle-strafing with a melee weapon prevents from ever getting hurt by one.
Yep, better than the mod.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While I agree that the zombies are an absolute mess right now, melee-ing them isn't too bad as long as you're melee weapon is prepared (your character will be holding it up in front/to the right of them instead of down to the left). I haven't played all that much, but that makes a huge difference and as long as I dance around enough, I can usually avoid getting hit. Though, 6 out of 10 encounters usually end with me bleeding.

Disagree, the melee system has been really disappointing for me. I never meleed in the mod since I couldn't find a melee weapon (if any were around?) but the shovel is pretty bad. Haven't found an Axe to attempt to kill them with but yeah... try to avoid combat because it's just bad and the zombies are a little unfair (able to open doors, climb stairs, etc.) with their sudden 28 Days Later change as soon as they "find" you in behavior AI's.

Spoo

I hope it all gets worked out, but it's probably incredibly difficult to adapt melee into an engine that (I think) had zero support for it.

Just depends on all the wrong factors. Once I snuck up on a zombie with a bat and hit him 3 times and it was down. Great.

Then there was this time when one decided to follow me into a house. Ugh. Nevermind the fact that he was, like, half inside and half outside the house technically, like a fucking shark his head and torso stuck up in a fin-like fashion from the steps I was on. His collision box worked well enough to block me on these steps but apparently not well enough to receive hits from my bat. Even when the bat did hit, I seriously had to whack this motherfucker like 30 times. No joke.

I've put about 7 hours into this so far. It pains me so bad to see a game being so perfect in all the ways I've wanted for so long, but fucking drop the ball on the most basic stuff. They picked the wrong engine, clearly; you just don't sacrifice the core components of interaction for pretty visuals like this.

I hope in 6 months this game is actually meeting its potential somewhat. I heard the original mod just never really got anywhere quality-wise; just always a good idea.

epmode

I'm not a bandit, and I'm not a "kill on sight" player, but let's think about this a little logically: If you were in a zombie apocalypse like DayZ, why wouldn't you shoot first/ask questions later on anyone that you know isn't a friendly?

I can understand the frustration (and that's why I try to find low population servers for the lesser chance of these people) but I can see why they would do it outside of trolling purposes. They have no clue you're a friendly and you may say you are but in reality you aren't and may possibly kill them.

I think the game would be more interesting if it provided more benefits for being friendly to strangers. As it is now, you're right. It's almost always in your best interest to shoot first.

Myz

Neo Member
My vision is still quite blurry though I have been taking vitamins, dousing my wounds in alcohol, and filling up on food/water. I have a couple saline bag and IV kits, guess I will have one of the GAF crew administer that to me when we meet up.

I have never seen the stuffed message either despite eating cans upon cans of food and water.

Been looking for new players along the coast to drop off some food, ammo, pistol, and water too, hoping for them to administer a saline bag in return.

I believe it still said ruined for me, but I will have to check again.

I had this issue, I opened settings and clicked video---configure and it got rid if the bluriness

I heard the original mod just never really got anywhere quality-wise; just always a good idea.

I'm starting to wonder who this Rocket guy is, and why we're all so eager to throw tons of free money at him. If this alpha does anything though, it convinces me how absolutely amazing a game like this could be if done right. The formula is there.

I hope this huge influx of cash is enough to get this game a proper development team.

Then there was this time when one decided to follow me into a house.

My #1 rule is, if I'm ever in a house/structure and I hear a zombie, I run the fuck out into the street ASAP.

Myz

Neo Member
I've put ten hours into the Early Access after holding off from getting the mod for a long time. I understand the game is in Alpha also.

Had a lot of characters, many of them I only found guns on, and no ammo, a few I've actually had ammo, I've killed one person in my entire time on there, and then ten minutes later I fell off a building due to a glitch and died and he stole all my gear on return.

Today, I had been running round a server for over an hour, searching for some individuals and I saw that all the doors were open and decided to go a bit defensive, then heard someone opening a can of drink and drinking it - started looking around and was attacked by a M4A1 from quite some range, managed to find the guy and took a few shots at him, and then another one appeared, I was already heavily bleeding at this point. I started to run away to try and bandage up and as I got behind the wall, I was shot in the face and I fell to my dead. I was massively disappointed as I don't know the maps that well and it had taken me so long to actually get anywhere. But alas, new character, new attempt. I need some friends to have my back, but none of my friends have yet.

That's what the GAF mumble is for, there are a couple of us playing at any given time usually

Spoo

My #1 rule is, if I'm ever in a house/structure and I hear a zombie, I run the fuck out into the street ASAP.

Oh, for sure, I don't even fuck with zombies anymore. Like, there's no point -- I can always outrun them, and if I stop to fight -- even if well-equipped -- I stand to get bit, and have the satisfaction of.... what? Watch him disappear unceremoniously, I guess.

Zombies man. You need to have good zombie encounters in your zombie game. It's the only fucking enemy -- THEY HAD ONE JOB.

I'm only angry because I like everything else so much :(

Thanks! I've currently got a female character, but it's just slightly distracting when she starts grunting like a man. Sounds like a hassle to change and it's really not a very big issue. Hopefully they get some female voicework in there sometime! Probably not high on the to-do list, though.

Oh didn't know that.

Definitely distracting. :p

I had an absolute weak as piss dog of a human being kill me a few days ago.

I had nothing on me, I had just managed to get something to eat, no new clothes no nothing.

When I see a guy decked out like arnold buff man with guns and all sorts of shit.

He said "come here I won't shoot you."

I stood still and turned around, he lined up my head and shot me.

And then said.

"Sorry bro"

Shit like that....really piss weak.

Jordan

I had an absolute weak as piss dog of a human being kill me a few days ago.

I had nothing on me, I had just managed to get something to eat, no new clothes no nothing.

When I see a guy decked out like arnold buff man with guns and all sorts of shit.

He said "come here I won't shoot you."

I stood still and turned around, he lined up my head and shot me.

And then said.

"Sorry bro"

Shit like that....really piss weak.

I can top that, the first character I had, I found the M4 and was wondering around for ages, eventually I bumped into a guy who had a backpack and an axe. So I told him to get on the ground and drop the backpack... He realised that there wasn't a magazine in the gun, laughed manically down the mic and attacked me with his axe.

I felt so stupid :(

T.O.P

Banned
Welp spent my first 20 minutes running on a mountain trying to find something or at least a town

still can't see shit and i have no idea on what to do lol

Sdoots

I have this downloaded and ready to go when I get home. My plan is to be friendly to every human I see, assuming they aren't shooting at me.

Let's see how long I keep that philosphy going for.

Welp spent my first 20 minutes running on a mountain trying to find something or at least a town

still can't see shit and i have no idea on what to do lol

Maybe it's cheating, but I have an interactive map open in my browser when I play, and I alt-tab frequently to keep my bearings. Of course, alt-tabbing in this game carries it's own dangers....

KKRT00

Yep, better than the mod.

How is this better than the mod? In mod they reacted to sound, they could be lost and sneak up and they did not glitch through walls most of the time.
Here they are spawn in geometry and walkthrough everything and they see You from the mile, even if You are behind them.

----

I really dont understand how ambient sounds of sea in Cherno and Elektro could still be in-game. Like seriously, did Rocket not played it at all? Those sounds are louder that anything in the game, except maybe for gun shots. Same goes for other ambient sounds, footsteps and door opening is almost silent, but bird singing or ambient sound of gate opening are almost loud as guns ...

Faith

I started fresh 2 hours ago mit my 2 friends. We were looting the airbase in Balota when suddenly a player run into me. He had just a backpack and nothing else. I was in the first floor in the military building with the little pirson. He was just standing down the stairs and hold his hands up.

I was kind of scared, was he alone? Then I just shot him in the head. Now I feel kind of bad about it, he was innocent...but even with no weapon he could scare me.

Grief.exe

How is this better than the mod? In mod they reacted to sound, they could be lost and sneak up and they did not glitch through walls most of the time.
Here they are spawn in geometry and walkthrough everything and they see You from the mile, even if You are behind them.

----

I really dont understand how ambient sounds of sea in Cherno and Elektro could still be in-game. Like seriously, did Rocket not played it at all? Those sounds are louder that anything in the game, except maybe for gun shots. Same goes for other ambient sounds, footsteps and door opening is almost silent, but bird singing or ambient sound of gate opening are almost loud as guns ...

Not a showstopper bug. Get the alpha out the door and fix those small issues later.

BF4 shipped with sound bugs, except they were significantly worse and not an early access game.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The problem with that system is how do you differentiate between those that deserve the skin and those that don't? The answer is you can't, at least not easily.

Exactly.

Before someone says it, you could try to keep track of ulterior factors, who attacked first, who is defending, did the person avenge a friend, etc. The problem lies in server performance, that is all extra load for the servers that can't handle it currently.

Irrelevant discussion, Rocket has hated that particular mechanic from the beginning.

I agree, the system was far from perfect.. but it at least was a consequence. There needs to be a consequence for that play style.. and there is none. The only consequence is essentially making EVERYONE kill on site, and become survival/deathmatch instead of a game of survival.

I don't want PvE only, but there needs to be a real risk/reward for going bandit.. right now.. it's basically all reward.. the risk? Respawn, server hop to find spanws.. or log out before dying?

It pretty much rewards trolling griefers for playing that way. Why do people play that way.. no consequence worth a shit.

I'm not a bandit, and I'm not a "kill on sight" player, but let's think about this a little logically: If you were in a zombie apocalypse like DayZ, why wouldn't you shoot first/ask questions later on anyone that you know isn't a friendly?

I can understand the frustration (and that's why I try to find low population servers for the lesser chance of these people) but I can see why they would do it outside of trolling purposes. They have no clue you're a friendly and you may say you are but in reality you aren't and may possibly kill them.

You're not going to convince me that we'd all turn into murderous fuckwads during a zombie apocalypse. If it did happen I think you'd see things much closer to how the Walking Dead comics portray things. Bandits work as teams, build societies.. etc. If we want to talk realism, when you die.. that's it. No respawn. You'd actually fear death. The whole "in real life" thing disappears when you can instant re-spawn.

Again, it's not all trolls.. but then if someone just wants to RP, and after getting KoS multiple times.. they say fuck it.. and they in turn KoS.. thus the vicious circle we saw happen with the mod.

I haven't bought SA.. but I played the mod quite a bit since it a bit after launch. The best times I had were when you found low pop servers and you worked together.. and people role-played bandits, and it wasn't just deathmatch.

It's a tough nut to crack though, how do you force people not to KoS. It's a problem that Rust, 7Days, (sorry) WarZ, Nether and DayZ have all seem to have. Offering compelling reasons to team up is one big fix.. and in the mod if you wanted to get vehicles running and enough gas teaming up was just about the only way to make that happen in a reasonable time. Yet, it still wasn't enough to cut out the KoS problem.

I think you have to sacrifice some so called realism, for gameplay.

Reputation systems, abilities to faction or team up and turn off TK.

You need to make the enemies compelling enough of an enemy to not necessitate PK'ing as the only way for people to have fun... btw.. that doesn't not mean super fast zombies that train after you like in the mod.

They need hordes. Also Zombies shouldn't be super fast, they should be dumb, but they need to be blood thirsty. They need to react better to sounds, and shooting a gun should start attracting hordes ala Walking Dead.

Then again, the problem with these games is always the public. I always go back to Ultima Online. When we had our own private server, with just friends and people invited.. it was great. We even had bandits, but they were known. Everyone knew or got to know each other. We worked together, we built towns with our houses. It became something you grew with.

DayZ and the like can't decide if they want to be a long-term survival game.. or just really an action game with zombies and some survival elements. It's obvious it's the 2nd though... because if it was long term you wouldn't be thirsty and hungry all the fucking time.

Overdoziz

Banned
They don't teleport around which makes them a hundred times less frustrating to deal with. Also, zombies walked and attacked through walls all the fucking time in the mod.

NervousXtian

They don't teleport around which makes them a hundred times less frustrating to deal with. Also, zombies walked and attacked through walls all the fucking time in the mod.

Yeah, the zombies sucked in the mod. It's one thing State of Decay got right.

Gaf damnit, I'm on vacation 3,000 miles from home with beautiful sunny 70 degree weather and all I can think about is managing my cords/installing my liquid cooling, getting started on my G5 case mod, and of course DayZ. This isn't vacation, this is torture... first world problems.

PaNaMa

Banned
Issues:

1) Crossfire doesn't work (it does in DayZ Mod)
2) Impossible to lose a zombie around a town. In DayZ mod you can run them off by breaking LOS for a while, and being stealthy after.
.... but
3) In this game they just go through walls, like through walls of houses, through the floors, whatever, directly to you.

I'm guessing the only option is to run them off for a specific time, maybe run into the woods for 5-10 minutes. I haven't tried it, because it's just too stupid atm.

4) Loot spawns are poor, as many have pointed out
5) I'm thirsty within seconds of spawning. It's a video game people and we're not in the Sahara. I can go most of the day IRL sometimes forgetting to even drink anything. Give us a f*cking break.

But for now, my biggest grip is the mechanism for evading aggroed zombies needs fixing. We all start out with nothing, approach houses, gain aggro... then it's just as well to wait to be eaten then spawn again.

geetec

Neo Member
Disagree, the melee system has been really disappointing for me. I never meleed in the mod since I couldn't find a melee weapon (if any were around?) but the shovel is pretty bad. Haven't found an Axe to attempt to kill them with but yeah... try to avoid combat because it's just bad and the zombies are a little unfair (able to open doors, climb stairs, etc.) with their sudden 28 Days Later change as soon as they "find" you in behavior AI's.

Axes are just as bad, for me anyway. No matter what melee weapon I have I always seem to bleed when I come in contact with a zombie.

KKRT00

Not a showstopper bug. Get the alpha out the door and fix those small issues later.

BF4 shipped with sound bugs, except they were significantly worse and not an early access game.

Those are issues from the alpha and they are 5 minutes fixes. What else do You need to do to fix it, other than reducing the volume of those sound files? How is this a problem for developers?

Saying 'its Alpha' for everything is ridiculous. Valid complains are valid complains.

--------

You could be hit through the door or sometimes wall, but that was quite rare. In alpha they are walking through all geometry.

And teleporting has nothing to do with anything, it was latency issue and because they all players get info from all zombies on the map, not animations or collision detection issue. We'll see if they dont teleport when they'll spawn 100x more of them.
I'm pretty sure they will, because even my character sometimes teleports back in servers with 60 ping.

Issues:

1) Crossfire doesn't work (it does in DayZ Mod)
2) Impossible to lose a zombie around a town. In DayZ mod you can run them off by breaking LOS for a while, and being stealthy after.
.... but
3) In this game they just go through walls, like through walls of houses, through the floors, whatever, directly to you.

I'm guessing the only option is to run them off for a specific time, maybe run into the woods for 5-10 minutes. I haven't tried it, because it's just too stupid atm.

4) Loot spawns are poor, as many have pointed out
5) I'm thirsty within seconds of spawning. It's a video game people and we're not in the Sahara. I can go most of the day IRL sometimes forgetting to even drink anything. Give us a f*cking break.

But for now, my biggest grip is the mechanism for evading aggroed zombies needs fixing. We all start out with nothing, approach houses, gain aggro... then it's just as well to wait to be eaten then spawn again.

1. Yea AMD cards in general are having issues with DayZ
2/3 Never go into buildings while being chased by zombies, complete opposite of the mod. You can't lose them, you have to kill them currently.
4. Loot Spawns are fine, head north, west coast is much more plentiful. Zelenogorsk, Vybor etc.
5. It is stupid that you are immediately hungry and thirsty, however, the key is eat all the food and drink you have early on, food/drink seem to have an exponential benefit. When you're "full" you can go for a very long time without receiving a message 2+ hours sometimes.

Yes you can go all day without drinking IRL, but have you ever tried to run 4-8 kilometers with 40kg's on your back? Not only would you be in excruciating pain, but extremely dehydrated, hungry and exhausted as well. The problem is not with the system, but with the players who have become accustomed to a certain play style.

Kritz

Banned
I wonder, now that the game makes a distinction between a gun's magazine and the individual bullets inside it, that an effective way to reduce player killing on site / increase player 'stories' through enemy encounters, if reducing the amount of bullets that spawn would work?

So, instead of finding a magazine loaded with 30 rounds, you find a bunch of empty magazines, or magazines with 1-3 bullets in them, and then loot spawns have a chance of just spawning the individual bullets.

I'm thinking, it would increase the 'risk' of an encounter for all involved. Bandits don't want to waste bullets on freshly spawned players, situations where you can rob someone without shooting them might increase, you could 'fake out' people by having empty mags loaded into the guns, and overall you might see non-fatal hostile player interactions go up, making the game more rewarding for people who get frustrated at dying so often.

The downside is that, with the current system, it'd probably just change the focus to whackin dudes with axes instead.

I dunno, just something I wanted to put out there as a curious suggestion.

NervousXtian

1. Yea AMD cards in general are having issues with DayZ
2/3 Never go into buildings while being chased by zombies, complete opposite of the mod. You can't lose them, you have to kill them currently.
4. Loot Spawns are fine, head north, west coast is much more plentiful. Zelenogorsk, Vybor etc.
5. It is stupid that you are immediately hungry and thirsty, however, the key is eat all the food and drink you have early on, food/drink seem to have an exponential benefit. When you're "full" you can go for a very long time without receiving a message 2+ hours sometimes.

Yes you can go all day without drinking IRL, but have you ever tried to run 4-8 kilometers with 40kg's on your back? Not only would you be in excruciating pain, but extremely dehydrated, hungry and exhausted as well. The problem is not with the system, but with the players who have become accustomed to a certain play style.

I pretty sure in real life you could still survive days without either, even in those circumstances. Also, IRL I could drink out of a well with my hands or figure out a way to open a can with a rock if you really wanted.

Let's stop the talk of realism when so many game mechanics are anything but..

Grief.exe

That is because your are sitting in a chair.

I just did high-altitude camping this past weekend and every person needs about 3-4 gallons daily just to stave off dehydration.
Yes, its that serious when you are exerting yourself.

NervousXtian

That is because your are sitting in a chair.

I just did high-altitude camping this past weekend and every person needs about 3-4 gallons daily just to stave off dehydration.
Yes, its that serious when you are exerting yourself.

3 to 4 gallons? Yeah, no. You need more water at really high elevations, as you exert yourself so much more just doing shit like breathing.. but no where near 3 to 4 gallons. That's super-excessive.. you would need, just for drinking.. at super high elevation while say mountain climbing about 1.5 gallons per day give or take a liter or 2.

4 gallons is over 15 liters.. and about 33lbs.

You don't need that to not dehydrate.

Also, DayZ isn't in the Himalayan's.. most of it is near sea-level.. so that argument is moot.

Chabbles

The standalone does indeed look better then the mod. And im getting maybe 5 to 10 more frames aswell, depending where im at. Though, every few minutes my frames drop into the low teens for a split second, and then shoot back into the 40's again. This happens regularly.

I like how the zombies are far less erratic now aswell, they'r far less annoying. Still, they need alot more work though. I want some feedback so i know if my melee weapon is making contact or not, and vice versa. Accurate feedback too, the zombie combat needs to be fluid. The zombie should be treated like a leading character in this game.

All in all, So far i havnt had as much fun in dayz since over a year ago, even with the shitty current loot spawns. Having said that, i hope updates are quick, and boredom doesnt set in again.

I pretty sure in real life you could still survive days without either, even in those circumstances. Also, IRL I could drink out of a well with my hands or figure out a way to open a can with a rock if you really wanted.

Let's stop the talk of realism when so many game mechanics are anything but..

Survive maybe, stay conscious? Probably not. I've seen people go unconscious after hiking for a day. As for cans of food, I totally agree that is an issue, if you are desperate enough it's of no concern how you open it. They have started to integrate ways to open a can other than openers though via axes etc (although I don't always agree with the amount lost). As for just drinking out of wells/steams without at least boiling the water (which will be integrated once they get loot spawns etc sorted.) I say good luck with that.

http://survivaltopics.com/that-water-is-unsafe-to-drink/

Klyka

Banned
I wonder, now that the game makes a distinction between a gun's magazine and the individual bullets inside it, that an effective way to reduce player killing on site / increase player 'stories' through enemy encounters, if reducing the amount of bullets that spawn would work?

So, instead of finding a magazine loaded with 30 rounds, you find a bunch of empty magazines, or magazines with 1-3 bullets in them, and then loot spawns have a chance of just spawning the individual bullets.

I'm thinking, it would increase the 'risk' of an encounter for all involved. Bandits don't want to waste bullets on freshly spawned players, situations where you can rob someone without shooting them might increase, you could 'fake out' people by having empty mags loaded into the guns, and overall you might see non-fatal hostile player interactions go up, making the game more rewarding for people who get frustrated at dying so often.

The downside is that, with the current system, it'd probably just change the focus to whackin dudes with axes instead.

I dunno, just something I wanted to put out there as a curious suggestion.

people will just server hop.
Nothing in the game matters in any way as long as you can server hop.

1.5 gallons is the minimum you need to survive on a daily basis while not exerting yourself in the slightest.

Not sure that is entirely factual, but your previous information was pretty spot on. I have done lots of survival with scouts and later on military ( I am not, nor have I ever been military ) I have however, been involved with multiple training exercises, sniper stalks, rucks etc.

people will just server hop.
Nothing in the game matters in any way as long as you can server hop.

Alot of people disagree with me, but private hive servers can't come soon enough.

Grief.exe

I must be some kind of mutant then

You are getting that much water a day, either through food or other forms of liquids (cofee, juice, soda, etc) you just font notice it.

Not sure that is entirely factual, but your previous information was pretty spot on. I have done lots of survival with scouts and later on military ( I am not, nor have I ever been military ) I have however, been involved with multiple training exercises, sniper stalks, rucks etc.

I personally live at high altitude, so others could probably round down and be fine.

Klyka

Banned
Alot of people disagree with me, but private hive servers can't come soon enough.

Not being able to server hop is THE most important thing in the entire game.
loot DOES NOT MATTER if you can server hop.
losing your entire gear DOES NOT MATTER if you can server hop.
finding a shiny weapon and gear after a huge and long trek across the country? doesn't matter,I got the same stuff in 20minutes server hopping.

it is the number 1 thing that has to go and can never,ever exist.

Grief.exe

They currently have server hopping, combat logging, and other protections switched off until they can assure that the server performance will be stable and solid.

Faith

Not being able to server hop is THE most important thing in the entire game.
loot DOES NOT MATTER if you can server hop.
losing your entire gear DOES NOT MATTER if you can server hop.
finding a shiny weapon and gear after a huge and long trek across the country? doesn't matter,I got the same stuff in 20minutes server hopping.

it is the number 1 thing that has to go and can never,ever exist.
Not really.

Have you even played the game?

You are getting that much water a day, either through food or other forms of liquids (cofee, juice, soda, etc) you just font notice it.

I personally live at high altitude, so others could probably round down and be fine.

The average 200 pound male needs around 3 quarts of water a day if under normal circumstances near or slightly above sea level, and not too exposed to the elements, that's about .75 gallons of water. That is just to stay healthy and functional with minimal exertion.

However, as stated above this can very drastically depending on the situation. Extreme cold and Warm temperatures each dehydrate you in a different way. Cold you are literally losing water just by breathing since the air isn't as humid. Hot is even more deadly, as in extreme circumstances you can sweat 1/2 gallon or more.

Just to be clear, food/drink will be much easier to deal with once the cooking mechanic is implemented. However, it might also bring unwanted attention :D, I'm excited.

NH Apache

Banned
Those are issues from the alpha and they are 5 minutes fixes. What else do You need to do to fix it, other than reducing the volume of those sound files? How is this a problem for developers?

Saying 'its Alpha' for everything is ridiculous. Valid complains are valid complains.

Alpha, in this case, is the correct answer. Placeholder sounds are in the game all over the place. The real sound guy was just hired a few weeks ago.

The ability to hear the ocean while in cherno or electro is not simple as reducing the sound volume, but adjusting the range at which they are heard. That being said, it should be a relatively easy fix but it surely is not on the short list of things to correct. That is a polish error and will most likely be addressed in the middle to end of the beta timeline.

So the answer is Alpha.

Top Bottom