• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ Early Access Thread - We dont go to Stary Sobor

Klyka

Banned
I guess you're lucky then, I gave a ruined mag to my friend and he couldn't use it either. This is the pistol btw, maybe it doesn't apply to other weapons?

I just tried something with a friend.
I can use my ruined mag in my ruined M4 but he can't use it in his damaged M4

maybe ruined+ruined = good right now?

And now my character has been reset somehow, logged into a server, displayed "please wait" .... nothing happens for 10 minutes, quit and join again, back on the coast with nothing :(

Edit - Although it did allow me to come across this oddity -

221100_2014-01-03_000flsvh.png

Faith

And now my character has been reset somehow, logged into a server, displayed "please wait" .... nothing happens for 10 minutes, quit and join again, back on the coast with nothing :(
When it says "please wait" then you have to wait or your char will be wiped.

Vodh

I caved in, bought the game. Played it for about 3 hours so far and I'm impressed by the mood. I'm treating this game as a sort of a post-apocalyptic Proteus. Got a nice gas mask/helmet, pretty good clothes, a reasonably big backpack filled with cans, a canteen, a can opener, an axe (and a spare one) and went exploring.

Some lag randomly threw me off of a little medieval tower in the woods, now my character keeps groaning from time to time, but other than that she seems fine. Not sure what's up with that but at least I didn't break my legs during the fall.

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone having problems with the servers? Invisible zombies, no loot and strange behaviour of mouse?

Servers are being ddos'd at the moment resulting in extemely irratic behavior like extreme rubberbanding, lag spikes, inventory management not working properly, random disconnects etc.

Grief.exe

I went down to help some players out and have one of them give me a saline bag to restore my blood.

One of the guys I approached had an ax out so I held him up, told him I was friendly, but needed him to drop the ax. He complied and I told him the situation.

He said he had found a saline/IV bag and gave it to me immediately.

I left him with my pistol, a mag, some food, and a full water bottle. I met a few other players and dropped them various items, but that was a pretty awesome encounter.

How many copies did they sold?

Has to be around 850,000, the website is showing almost 800,000 but that doesn't reflect the total copies sold.

Randam

Once I started pressing tab where I knew loot to spawn I started finding plenty of extra can openers and bullets. Those things are difficult to see.

that is what i did in the end.

press tab and walk in lines through buildings. :D
would have been cool, if you could look around while the inventory is open.

Kadin

Everywhere I turn, I see mention of this game. I was just on Kotaku earlier and saw a video of some guy robbing another guy and the interaction between them. Yup, I think that video sealed the deal for me.

I know it's Alpha, I know it's buggy, I know it's hard and I know you die a lot.

But.I.Don't.Care

So here I am, unconscious right next to the guy who made me that way, who's unconscious too. Yep, we both went down at the same time.

He just opened the door, and here I was, organizing my inventory. I had just ran for what seemed like a hour to get to the north east airfield (the small one whitout a camp). I had fought back against a guy who was trying to shoot me with the mauser, unable to do so because I was too close to him and moving too quick while being indoor in one of the buildings at the Airfield.

The guy was aksing me non stop to get out of the server because he was gonna kill me anyway. Knowing clearly he had miss 4 times already, I took my axe out and hit him twice in the ribs. He had the nerves to say he wasnt gonna kill me!! LOL Anyway, my heart is beating like crazy, I'm happy having survived and decides to organize my shit. Server restarts so I had to quit for a minute and comeback in the same server. That when it happened. Guy came from the door, hitting before I had a chance to do/say anything. I shoot him with my 45 while he had already hit me once, than twice he hits me and I fall unconscious.

I then followed by asking mercy and if he could revive me with the saline bag I had on me while he could take everything I had since I was unconscious. That I didn't mind. At the same time, he's asking me the same damn thing! LMAO, we had both fell at the same time. So we just followed by telling us each others story while we were down and unconscious. He sounded like a cool guy, too bad the circonstances were different...We could have been friends in another life. XD

Gruso

If Rocket had his way it would be a first person only game (3rd person became popular thanks to private mod servers going easy-mode, not by choice of the dev team), but he's not silly enough to remove it now. They have talked about making tweaks to minimise abuse of the third person cam certain scenarios, but I'm not sure of the if/when/hows.

I'd just adapt and keep playing if they removed it, but since that isn't happening I happily use it. I've got num-enter mapped to a spare mouse button though, because 1stp is advantageous in some situations and switching on the fly is handy.

Ketch

I don't understand why people don't like the third person view. How does it provide an unfair advantage when it's available to everyone all the same.

NH Apache

Banned
I don't understand why people don't like the third person view. How does it provide an unfair advantage when it's available to everyone all the same.

It's a reality breaker. That being said, there are plenty of servers that are FP only. Don't impose your limited views on the rest of us.

It just seems lame, and doesn't really flow with the game. First person combat is just so much more intense.

Midn1ght

Bought this game a couple days ago, it's ridiculously addictive.

How do I find the GAF server ? I use the remote tab with info from the OP but it finds nothing. I'm new to that kind of game so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Bought this game a couple days ago, it's ridiculously addictive.

How do I find the GAF server ? I use the remote tab with info from the OP but it finds nothing. I'm new to that kind of game so I'm probably doing something wrong.

We don't have one yet. Given the current state of the game coupled with the ease of joining other gaffers through Steam friends list kinda makes it pointless. We'll probably get one once base building or other features of permanence are released.

Midn1ght

Nah no need for an invite. Here is the Gaf Steam Group Link

Mumble we use to communicate is in the OP just quote it and get the info.

lol I tought GAF Mumble was the name of a server. I've been avoiding MMO my entire gamer's life. Guess I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the help !

Top Bottom