• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno where Shazam lands. if Johns does have a larger role in the DCEU, it's probably still happening, he's one of his favs. I'd also count on GL getting pushed up or showing up in JL2.

Stupid fun jokey Superman would be an easy sell to WB right now. Especially starring Tatum (who brings the ladies) and the Rock (who brings everyone).

We'll probably know by/at SDCC.

IconGrist

It's too bad the MCU OT2 is so far off from ending otherwise we could get together and do a crossover.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| Hey Marvel, we CU over there

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| Hey DC, we Extend to you our Universe template

Ahasverus

It's too bad the MCU OT2 is so far off from ending otherwise we could get together and do a crossover.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| Hey Marvel, we CU over there

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| Hey DC, we Extend to you our Universe template

Goyer reemed.

Writing is hard.

All Super Friends
All the time!
But no shall allow someone else the reins and naming duty...
Unless want to use my...Challenge of the Superfriends title

I still say we need a Legion of Doom reference in there somewhere.

BTW, one of the Suicide Squad preview comics has hit el interneto. It's pretty interesting, Harley and Joker. Looks like
this version of Joker is a little less of a creepy psychotic than, say, Snyder's, and more of a crazed gangster. Also includes a reference to Selina's new family history, which is interesting on a couple of levels.

Ninjimbo

People thought SS reshoots were bad. Disney is reportedly reshooting 40% of Rogue One. Now that's bad.
I hope nothing too drastic is done to change the tone of the movie. I liked the trailer and I like Gareth Edwards as a director. I'm just hungry for a Star Wars movie that doesn't involve the Skywalkers.

BTW, one of the Suicide Squad preview comics has hit el interneto. It's pretty interesting, Harley and Joker. Looks like
this version of Joker is a little less of a creepy psychotic than, say, Snyder's, and more of a crazed gangster. Also includes a reference to Selina's new family history, which is interesting on a couple of levels.

What? How did I miss this? When did it come out and where can I read it?

What? How did I miss this? When did it come out and where can I read it?

Buy some hair dye.
h8JWrjT.jpg

Penguin

Some others
Trial of the Superfriends
The Giants of Doom
The Beasts are Coming
Secret Origins of the Superfriends
Battle of the Gods
The Rise and Fall of the Superfriends

No not just naming Challenge of the Superfriends episodes!

I was just thinking of something waiting for the NBA finals game to start. Let's say everything rumored about the Ultimate Cut is true. It's Zack's cut of the film and the one he wanted, but was forced to chop it up at the last minute to appease the suits. If the Ultimate Cut is well received and wins over people, what does that do for Zack moving forward? It'd be a little harder to tell him what to do when he might have been right all along and WB are the ones who messed up.

I don't know, I'm rambling, but thought it might get real interesting behind the scenes in the coming weeks.

IconGrist

I think the UC would have to be better than well received for it to benefit Zack. We'd be talking a drastic change in public opinion.

I was just thinking of something waiting for the NBA finals game to start. Let's say everything rumored about the Ultimate Cut is true. It's Zack's cut of the film and the one he wanted, but was forced to chop it up at the last minute to appease the suits. If the Ultimate Cut is well received and wins over people, what does that do for Zack moving forward? It'd be a little harder to tell him what to do when he might have been right all along and WB are the ones who messed up.

I don't know, I'm rambling, but thought it might get real interesting behind the scenes in the coming weeks.
He should've planned for an appropriate cut. Why did he think 3hr film was going to be allowed? He doesn't have the best track record recently, so he should've plan for 2:30 movie. My opinion of course. Zack should take some blame even if the cut Is good, he sat on this film for a year.

Honestly tho, damage is done, UC are not always seen by most. Most impressions come from theaters and TV time slots. It's not gonna change much

Effect

I still think this 3 hour cut was originally approved by WB, what was going to be released (minus any trimming to get the PG-13 rating. I think the rating for the UE is still the PG-13 equivalent in other countries so it might not have taken a lot to get it down.) and they changed their mind late as the release date was getting close. For the longest time we didn't know the running time I believe. Then it appeared as we got very close to the release. Not long after that but before the film came out we found out the Ultimate Edition was actually a thing and rated.

I think the UC would have to be better than well received for it to benefit Zack. We'd be talking a drastic change in public opinion.

He should've planned for an appropriate cut. Why did he think 3hr film was going to be allowed? He doesn't have the best track record recently, so he should've plan for 2:30 movie. My opinion of course. Zack should take some blame even if the cut Is good, he sat on this film for a year.

Honestly tho, damage is done, UC are not always seen by most. Most impressions come from theaters and TV time slots. It's not gonna change much

I was thinking more along the lines of a hypothetical. I don't think it will move the needle, but what if it did?

IconGrist

I was thinking more along the lines of a hypothetical. I don't think it will move the needle, but what if it did?

Then I think Snyder would have something to throw back at the execs but whatever changes they are making to JL to appease whoever it is they are trying to appease would still be done at this point. No one will see the UC for another 3 weeks and the filming of JL will be nearly done by then.

It's what he wanted to do given all the movie had to accomplish and WB initially gave him the okay. Then at the last minute they got cold feet and cut it down to get more showings in per day and release on IMAX (IMAX cans can only hold so much film). There was also the fear that audiences would reject a 3 hour length. It was a panic decision.

IconGrist

So Jared is in full Joker gear (must be in a wig and makeup on eyebrows), he's been snapchatting. Justice League? Suicide Squad promo? What's going on?

Well according to that other thread on Leto he's just an idiot sitting around in-costume for viral marketing purposes and because he's a try hard terrible actor who also happens to be an asshole.

Well according to that other thread on Leto he's just an idiot sitting around in-costume for viral marketing purposes and because he's a try hard terrible actor who also happens to be an asshole.

I think the only reason people care is because he's Method Acting for a big budget picture. No one complained for Dallas Buyers Club and Daniel Day Lewis's movies. Because they don't get lots of promotion, thus people don't know. Now hes in the mainstream press for movies and tells the truth of how he does things and gets criticize.

I personally don't care, why would I waste time thinking about how someone does their acting job on a movie.

Ashhong

Then I think Snyder would have something to throw back at the execs but whatever changes they are making to JL to appease whoever it is they are trying to appease would still be done at this point. No one will see the UC for another 3 weeks and the filming of JL will be nearly done by then.

It's what he wanted to do given all the movie had to accomplish and WB initially gave him the okay. Then at the last minute they got cold feet and cut it down to get more showings in per day and release on IMAX (IMAX cans can only hold so much film). There was also the fear that audiences would reject a 3 hour length. It was a panic decision.

Filming will be nearly done? And yet we don't have a single picture? Goddamn sound stages!

The more I think about Jena Malone's character, the more I'm afraid it's just "Random Witness #3", Gotham Reporter, or something else minor.

Need to keep the faith.
BABS OR BUST

The more I think about Jena Malone's character, the more I'm afraid it's just "Random Witness #3", Gotham Reporter, or something else minor.

Need to keep the faith.
BABS OR BUST

Yea that thought crossed my mind aswell. I pray she is Barbara. Won't break the movie for me, but I'd still be very disappointed.

I would be very surprised if we got anything JL related before at least the first official WW trailer.

Both at SDCC. However, I bet they come with less JL than initially planned though. I could see WB wanting to keep the lid on everything until they know what they're doing for sure with JL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom