• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point people would be more mad about not making one rather than making a mediocre movie.

Well, yeah! Lots of folks have been excited since the moment he said he'd be tackling a solo flick..it would blow if he decided to pass on it. Dude has had some decent movies. Would be great to see what he could do..

IconGrist

So if you had to pick, who would you guys choose as John Stewart? Besides the obvious Idris Elba

Boris Kodjoe

MV5BNTIyNzU3MTIxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA2NDc5OA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1294,1000_AL_.jpg

strafer

He needs to stop talking about it. Each time he does, he gives different answers that border on him having second thoughts to him definitely directing it.

Someone needs to craft him a standard answer and he just needs to parrot it until they officially announce something.

Yep, he needs to shut the fuck up or have his people tell journalists not ask him about Batman every fucking time.

Ashhong

Yep, he needs to shut the fuck up or have his people tell journalists not ask him about Batman every fucking time.

Kind of hard to stfu when every single journalist asks him about it. That's journalism. He even says in that interview how everything is scrutinized. It's part of the job. He needs to start giving consistent answers is what he needs to do. He already said on Kimmel he is directing. End of story.

guek

Banned
It's the fear of it becoming like the MCU which I've come to despise tbh. I watched Civil War and couldn't wait for it to be over. The formula has become so stale that I wonder why I even bother watching the movies if it's already a forgone conclusion that i'm not going to enjoy them. I wish I could say I was above all the bias but I haven't fully enjoyed an MCU movie since Iron Man 1.

I think Guardians is the best of the bunch, but even while watching that film I felt like I could have been watching something far better. The Hollywood blockbuster shouldn't be something so stale IMO which what the MCU movies excel at. This isn't a problem exclusive to Marvel either. They're just the most high profile example since they release like two of these movies every year.

Well of course you don't want things to change :p

He needs to stop talking about it. Each time he does, he gives different answers that border on him having second thoughts to him definitely directing it.

Someone needs to craft him a standard answer and he just needs to parrot it until they officially announce something.

Because that'll totally calm things down. You're talking about this like we've got reasonable people covering this shit.

J_Viper

Gotta love how "If the script isn't ready, I'm not going to do it" gets misconstrued to Ben leaving the film.

All he's saying is, this won't be another Ayer situation where the entire production was a rush job.

Ben's going to be calling the shots on this one.

a916

Is he? All I see is what he's been saying for more than a year now. He's waiting for the script to be good. It's when you have Joe Mang going "yup, filming tomorrow, so excited" you need Ben to step in and go STFU.

You had a few terrible excuses for news websites that ran with quote of "he won't do it until the script is right" and emphasised the HE WON'T DO IT in headlines and it got parroted.

He's been consistent in his message as far as I'm concerned. He's working on the script, until it's to the point where it's good he's not going to do it. Many of the worlds best directors have said it all starts and ends at the script. You can't fix a script while filming, you just can't.

J_Viper

I only now realized how hard Ben got bamboozled by WB

- WB asks him to be Batman

- He accepts, in exchange for a green light on Live by Night

- BvS releases. Ben becomes a meme.

- Oh well, he gets to direct his passion project

- "Btw, you only have like four months to film this, we need you back on JL"

- Live by Night bombs

- Ben is now locked into Batman for the foreseeable future

Ninjimbo

- Live by Night bombs

I bet he'll get mad amounts of money on residuals tho. On JL and Batman because he's executive producer.

Penguin

- Live by Night bombs

4 months is actually a decent amount of time to film a movie.

This is more accurate. Great potential still untapped.

Nintendo has never been accused of "grimdark." They're "kiddy" and they have shit graphics. They're actually closer to Marvel.
DCCU is more like Xbone where they can't stick to their vision and have to interfere with the creators ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom