• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

jey_16

Banned
All this batman news and Flash still doesn't have a director :(

I really want to see the speed force done right with a big budget

Whedon: "Well I done fucked up marvel, time to go fuck DC up"

What a wasteman director, all you folks happy need to rewatch ultron and then rethink your opinion.
giphy.gif

We just basically gots near confirmation that Sanberg is Shazam director. Why is nobody listening to me? :((((

Never watched any of his films, so dunno if he's a good fit. Curious if he'll direct Black Adam as well, I was under the impression Black Adam would be up first.

I think there's some stuff at wonder con right? Maybe we'll get some concept art and confirmations, though SDCC seems more likely.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whedon: "Well I done fucked up marvel, time to go fuck DC up"

What a wasteman director, all you folks happy need to rewatch ultron and then rethink your opinion.
giphy.gif
There's a ton of difference between what he was doing with Ultron and what he'll be doing with Batgirl. Ultron had to balance 10 or so main characters, involve a shit load of CGI, and lots of location shooting. Whedon isn't that kind of director and it showed. If he is writing and directing Batgirl, you know it'll be more akin to Buffy scope. Smaller cast, one setting, and minimal CGI.

DaveH

Unrelated to the Batgirl stuff, some have pointed out that Batman standing on a grim reaper rather than a gargoyle might be a deep cut to a cover from the Batman Troika story line.

It's Snyder, so he could've seen the cover, thought it's cool, and that's the end of that. But if you get crazy and read too deep into it, Troika is Bruce returning to Batman post-Knightfall. While not a particularly good story, it's somewhat about the fallout of Bruce's decision to make Azrael his replacement and unleashing a psycho murdering Batman upon Gotham. So some parallels to BvS. Would be nice if they address Batman's fall.
Neat possibility. Something to look into sometime.

Odoul

Insanity.

Since Flash lost it's director.

Batman has lost and gained a director.

Harley gets a director.

ROBIN gets a director.

Fucking Batgirl gets a director.

People are really talking about cancelling Cyborg for THIS nonsense!?!

Whedon is whatever.

A1 is fun. But Ultron was just mediocrity. Not terrible but not all that good either. Only genuinely great scene was the Ultron and Vision conversation at the end.

Ross61

To be fair! To be fair.... Flash has been getting a page one rewrite and getting shopped around to multiple directors. They just haven't finalized anything yet. I can only assume the same for GLC since they just started this year.

Ninjimbo

I'm not that psyched for Whedon. I think he's a serviceable director and I think Batgirl is a character that fits him so it might be good. I don't know. I'm one of those weirdos that thought Age of Ultron was better than Avengers 1. I don't think much of either but at least Avengers 2 tried to do something different and had some nice little moments for each character. I still think that movie should have been longer and Whedon messed up by insisting on keeping the run time short.

Dead

well not really...yet
Zack needs to get the fuck back to making R rated movies tbh. Much like the Wachowski's early stuff, his aesthetic simply can't translate 100% to a watered down PG-13 work.

Zack needs to get the fuck back to making R rated movies tbh. Much like the Wachowski's early stuff, his aesthetic simply can't translate 100% to a watered down PG-13 work.

I think the Matrix could be a PG-13 if it was out now honestly.

but yeah Snyder and his sensibilities just aint fit for Pg-13. he even admits in interviews that he liked the bloodier more violent shit. and his favorite movie is Excalibur, a movie that was divisive among critics because it took a story that is normally told to family audiences and R-rated it up and made it bleaker and gorier. Sounds familiar....

Haha its more like what Leto is saying to Snyder while he clutches Denis' arm. While they're both smiling at him knowing that he can never escape his contract. Shave your eyebrows and dye your hair again breh, Batman's coming up soon. Better not fuck it up this time.

ReiGun

It'd be nice if we could avoid this becoming the Batman Extended Universe. Announce some out of the box characters, WB.

Sambrez_

It'd be nice if we could avoid this becoming the Batman Extended Universe. Announce some out of the box characters, WB.

Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
The Flash
Green Lantern Corps
Cyborg
The Batman
Man of Steel 2
Justice League 2
Suicide Squad 2
Gotham City Sirens
Dark Universe
Nightwing
Shazam
Black Adam
Batgirl

In bold are the batman related movies, so for me it's still diverse. It's just that for now only the batman related movies have directors...

LionPride

Banned
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
The Flash
Green Lantern Corps
Cyborg
The Batman
Man of Steel 2
Justice League 2
Suicide Squad 2
Gotham City Sirens
Dark Universe
Nightwing
Shazam
Black Adam
Batgirl

In bold are the batman related movies, so for me it's still diverse. It's just that for now only the batman related movies have directors...
However Batman or Batman related characters are/will be in:

JL
JL 2
SS 2

At the least. There is a chance he ends up in a couple solo movies as well.

Bleepey

Unrelated to the Batgirl stuff, some have pointed out that Batman standing on a grim reaper rather than a gargoyle might be a deep cut to a cover from the Batman Troika story line.

It's Snyder, so he could've seen the cover, thought it's cool, and that's the end of that. But if you get crazy and read too deep into it, Troika is Bruce returning to Batman post-Knightfall. While not a particularly good story, it's somewhat about the fallout of Bruce's decision to make Azrael his replacement and unleashing a psycho murdering Batman upon Gotham. So some parallels to BvS. Would be nice if they address Batman's fall.

That's technically a grotesque, gargoyles have spouts.

shingi70

Banned
Says a lot that Batgirl, Sirens, and nightwing are moving forward quickly, but we've heard nothing about Man of Steel 2.

shingi70

Banned
We know they're writing a script (Terrio perhaps?)

But it's not a prority, which is a shame because if League does well, then that's Squandered potential for super, flash, and Cyborg.

But who knows what's Warner is doing. Dark universe has a director and would make a ton of sense, but that's seemingly dead in the water.

Ross61

Kroll already said WB would move on Flash, GLC, or Dark Universe if they were ready. But they ain't and Nightwing, GCS, and Batgirl aren't either. Like we won't even see Nightwing or Batgirl before Batman, and GCS script isn't even finished.

Top Bottom