• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

What are the chances WB will announce the director of The Flash at SDCC? Slim? None?

I'd say 60/40 in favor of saying nothing. If they got Zemeckis, it flips. I think it comes down to how far out they see the project. No point in making a spectacle of an announcement just to see if fall apart by this time next year cause the project is still 2-3 years out.

Pachimari

I only want announcements for movies up till 2019. I would hate for them to announce a director for a 2020 film only for the director to leave once again. Just focus on what you got around the corner and nothing else.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
With the 2 new dates announced for 2020, they're totally going to say what they are. I'm guessing the Feb 14th one is Sirens and June 5th is Wonder Woman 2. Both of those movies have directors attached and should stay with the projects (Ayer and Jenkins... and c'mon we all know Patty is coming back).

People thinking Batman isn't coming out till 2020 are fucking insane. No way is WB gonna be letting that movie slip 3 years. Even if Reeves is rewriting the script, he has 6+ months to do so before shooting sometime in 2018 for a 2019 release. I still say Batman, Flash, and Superman sequel are coming in 2019. Sirens, WW2, Batgirl in 2020, year of women.

Some news came out since my last prediction.

I'ma believe umberto on the Shazam news just because of anabelle being recieved well (so far), with the production at New Line (so far as we know no other DC movie is) they could move forward with it anytime they want. So Shazam for 2019.

I'd also be surprised if Batman wasn't out by 2019, they're going to make that movie happen above all.

MoS2 isn't even announced and we've heard nothing. I have no idea what WB is thinking, it's one of their more established money makers.

Flash for 2019.

Squad 2 for 2020.

WW2 is probably 2020.

JL2 probably 2021.

I think Batgirl will land before Nightwing, maybe 2019. Especially with Wonder Woman's reception.

Cyborg, JLD, Black Adam, Sirens and GLC are a big question mark. It's hard to believe they've had the rock on the sidelines for 3 years, but here we are.

Busty

Banned
People thinking Batman isn't coming out till 2020 are fucking insane. No way is WB gonna be letting that movie slip 3 years.

Agreed. The Batman and Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. The Batman would nab the November 2019 release slot.

In saying that here's a thought for you.., if Warners are having a three year window between Wonder Woman and it's sequel could they do the same for Justice League?

Could 2020 bring Wonder Woman in early June with Justice League 2 coming in late July the same summer? I've never seen the balls on Warner Bros but if they do try this they must be fucking huge.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. The Batman and Suicide Squad 2 in 2019. The Batman would nab the November 2019 release slot.

In saying that here's a thought for you.., if Warners are having a three year window between Wonder Woman and it's sequel could they do the same for Justice League?

Could 2020 bring Wonder Woman in early June with Justice League 2 coming in late July the same summer? I've never seen the balls on Warner Bros but if they do try this they must be fucking huge.
You'd hear no complaints from me. Between Marvel, DC, and Fox, I should be seeing at least 1 comic book movie every month every year from now until the end of time. They all don't have have to be 150+mil budget block busters. We saw what Deadpool and Logan could do. Of the two (DC/Marvel) I totally see DC blinking first and putting out an R rated movie in their universe with a smaller scale and budget. Squad 2, Sirens, or JL Dark could all work with it.

I would kill for DC to put out 4 movies year starting in 2019.

For anyone in SD, they have a DC pop up store at the nearby Horton Plaza. I'm guessing they have a lot of toys and collectibles save for the ones that are exclusive to comic con.

In addition to Wonder Woman, there'a Mera Barbie for JL.

qj7VuLb.jpg

Penguin

Also here's a list of DC panels over the next 4 days

(Times PST)

Thursday the 20th:

12:30–1:30 p.m. Justice League ActionVideo Presentation and Q&A

Friday the 21st:

Young Justice Q&A 10:00AM-11:00AM

iZombie 11:15AM–12:15PM

DC Universe Rebirth panel 11:15AM–12:15PM

DC Metal / Dark Matter Comic panel 1:45PM-2:45PM

Preacher panel 4PM–5PM

DC’s Young Animal 5:30PM - 6:30PM

Batman and Harley Quinn World Premiere 7:00PM - 9:00PM

Saturday the 22nd:

Warner Bros. Pictures panel 11:30AM–1:30PM

Krypton Special Video Presentation and Q&A 1:15PM - 1:45PM

Harley Quinn: Celebrating 25 Years 12:30PM - 1:30PM

DC TV – Arrow / Supergirl / The Flash / Legends of Tomorrow / Black Lightning 3:30PM–6:30PM

ALL DCTV panels are right around now but full schedule link (here)

Lucifer Special Video Presentation and Q&A1:50PM - 2:50PM

Black Lightning Special Video Presentation and Q&A 4:50PM - 5:10PM

Sunday the 23rd:

Spotlight on Bruce Timm 11:00AM - 12:00PM

World Premiere of LEGO DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain 12:15PM. - 1:45PM

Top Bottom