• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ninjimbo

Wonder Woman made a lot $$$ pretty sure thats the blueprint moving forward and not BvS or Snyder DC films.

If the rumour about extensive reshoots is true, then Snyder removing anything JL related from his twitter account make sense.
If WB fucks over Snyder, JL is the last DC film I watch.

J_Viper

JL becoming Suicide Squad redux. Darkest timeline.

The difference being they have the director of the highest grossing comic film heading the fix up, and not a team of interns from a trailer company
I'm not too worried about all this news. Even if Affleck isn't able to be in the suit, it doesn't mean he has to be completely out from the upcoming Reeves film. Heck, he could retire and help train his successor ala Batman Beyond, and still play Bruce Wayne as a mentor figure.

Plus, to be honest I'm not sure if THR has a bias against the DCEU. I still remember that report about Suicide Squad's production problems conveniently coming before the reviews and opening weekend. This feels like yet another thing to take advantage of us worrisome fans.
The sad part is that SS story was true, so this most likely is too

Someone start a petition

I'm not too worried about all this news. Even if Affleck isn't able to be in the suit, it doesn't mean he has to be completely out from the upcoming Reeves film. Heck, he could retire and help train his successor ala Batman Beyond, and still play Bruce Wayne as a mentor figure.

Plus, to be honest I'm not sure if THR has a bias against the DCEU. I still remember that report about Suicide Squad's production problems conveniently coming before the reviews and opening weekend. This feels like yet another thing to take advantage of us worrisome fans.

Oh come on. This nonsense can fuck right off. Y'all are better than this.

The difference being they have the director of the highest grossing comic film heading the fix up, and not a team of interns from a trailer company

The sad part is that SS story was true, so this most likely is too

Someone start a petition

Of course it was

Hollywood Reporter has no reason to lie or make stuff up. They're up there with Deadline and Variety in terms of the most trustworthy film news sites/sources

Boke1879

Man. People still out here saying Rogue One sucked? I get personal opinions. But you gotta know that's now how the public sees it at all.

Watchmen is the best CBM to date thats where.

Eh.. It's probably my favorite of his film, I like it a lot, but nah. It's like a filmic book-on-tape of the graphic novel, with some questionable casting decisions, some awfully on-the-nose music choices, and an absurd amount of gore that doesn't fit the original work.

The Lindelof series is gonna be way better... ;P

GeeTeeCee

Man. People still out here saying Rogue One sucked? I get personal opinions. But you gotta know that's now how the public sees it at all.

I'm one of those people who loved both Rogue One and The Force Awakens. I'll never understand the extreme levels of hate those films get on the net. You'd think they were universally despised if you went by internet forum reactions alone.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Only Cavill and Gadot seemed like good casting choices for their roles, though in Cavill's case he is being let down by shit scripts for his character.

But an aging Batman and a schizophrenic Lex Luthor were such bad calls, you write yourself into a corner with them that's hard to come out off.

I'm glad Snyder is done with DC.

No wonder WB is actively trying to get rid of Affleck, I wouldnt be surprised if the same happens with Jessie Eisenberg.

shingi70

Banned
I love Man of Steel, but I'm glad that Snyder is gone. He seems best suited to one offs and not being the Architect of a whole universe.

Lol. Come on. Batman isn't old. Affleck in his situation just can't handle it. The take is definitely not something you write yourself in a corner with.

Why? He isn't TDKR Batman. He's supposed to be Batman for, what? Ten years? Come on, Batfleck is the best Batman that has graced the white screen.
20 years.

strafer

Whatever happens, I just want you all to know.... that it has not been an honor posting with y'all.

tumblr_inline_nejcxcbALp1sc7vxy.gif

Lol well my opinion is my own and I'm not gonna say it with any direct strength apart from a feeling. Feel free to continue thinking this is all just bad timing and coincidence.

This kind of conspiracy theory nonsense is what leads to awful shit like DC fans viciously harassing critics on Twitter.

Lol well my opinion is my own and I'm not gonna say it with any direct strength apart from a feeling. Feel free to continue thinking this is all just bad timing and coincidence.

Of course it's not, someone went to them with the news. For all we know Ayer is the one who dished to them about Suicide Squad and this could be Reeves way of telling Affleck to shit or get off the pot cause he wants to get to work.

Doesn't mean they should just sit on it cause Warner Bros has a Comic Con panel tomorrow.

Only Cavill and Gadot seemed like good casting choices for their roles, though in Cavill's case he is being let down by shit scripts for his character.

But an aging Batman and a schizophrenic Lex Luthor were such bad calls, you write yourself into a corner with them that's hard to come out off.

I'm glad Snyder is done with DC.

No wonder WB is actively trying to get rid of Affleck, I wouldnt be surprised if the same happens with Jessie Eisenberg.

Affleck is the best Batman/Wayne yet though.

Hopefully they just recast him as that seems the easiest solution instead of time travel/alternate dimension/whatever. Jon Hamm would be my choice to keep grizzled 40s Batman going.

Pachimari

I want a Batman with a full on grey beard and do an Old Man Logan arc. Hire a 45 year old to do Batman in the DCEU and have him play him for the next two decades. The actor not being able to keep up the body work is part of the character arc.

Harley Quinn vs Joker spin-off film coming.

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment are developing a live-action film pitting Harley Quinn against The Joker, Screen Rant has learned. This project is set within the DCEU and is addition to the Suicide Squad sequel (Jaume Collet-Serra is reportedly in the running to direct) and the in-development Gotham City Sirens which sees Margot Robbie’s Quinn in another feature directed by David Ayer.

Both Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and The Joker (Jared Leto) were first introduced in 2016’s Suicide Squad directed by Ayer, and both stars are attached to return for Harley Quinn vs The Joker.

I... don't think you need three Harley films, WB.

Boke1879

What if I don't care about how the public sees movies? I'd rather watch films I find interesting.

That's perfectly fine, but you can't be shocked are too apprehensive when these studios that make these types of movies for the mass audience pretty much go the safe, tried and true route.

Like I appreciate Synder and all he's done. LOVE his visual style and really don't think it'll ever be matched.

But his style/interpretations just don't gel well with what the mass audience wants.

I too felt that Rogue One wasn't good. it had it's moments but not enough. but I watch movies for me, not to root for a studio to make bank and have "bragging rights" among fans.

anyways it would be a real shame if Affleck left. he did great in the role.

Top Bottom