• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

a916

Man. People still out here saying Rogue One sucked? I get personal opinions. But you gotta know that's now how the public sees it at all.

This is NeoGAF, where the Dark Knight Rises is the worth thing ever created... where some people can only describe things in binary... greatest thing ever, or sucks/worst thing over.

Firemind

This is NeoGAF, where the Dark Knight Rises is the worth thing ever created... where some people can only describe things in binary... greatest thing ever, or sucks/worst thing over.
Well, I mean, TDKR has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Whatever you may think of Snyder, at least parts of his films are watchable.

GeeTeeCee

Well, I mean, TDKR has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Whatever you may think of Snyder, at least parts of his films are watchable.

tenor.gif

Rogue One does stink. Fuck that movie

And tdkr is nolans worst movie. But you've gotta be crazy if you think it's completely devoid of merit. There are some great scenes in there

Another case where Nolan can do no wrong. Well, enjoy Dunkirk I guess.

I'm not saying you have to like it. It does rank towards the bottom of Nolan's filmography for me. But, I mean, any movie with a Tom Hardy performance can't be devoid of ANY redeeming qualities.

I'm seeing Dunkirk tomorrow! Can't wait! :)

Ashhong

I'm not saying you have to like it. It does rank towards the bottom of Nolan's filmography for me. But, I mean, any movie with a Tom Hardy performance can't be devoid of ANY redeeming qualities.

I'm seeing Dunkirk tomorrow! Can't wait! :)

I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and cute action movies like this, but this movie sucked. Even the charisma of Pine couldn't save it.

Firemind

Don't you just love the internet? I'm surprised you haven't told us how you fell asleep during it.
I remember I was aghast how Batman could survive the aftermath of a neutron bomb, even if he had managed to fix the auto pilot, because of the radiation released from the blast. Or how a few well-placed punches can heal a damaged spine. Or how the entire Gotham police force managed to get stuck underground. Or how the government did absolutely nothing because of a few broken bridges and yet somehow Batman could sneak in unsuspected.

Ninjimbo

That's perfectly fine, but you can't be shocked are too apprehensive when these studios that make these types of movies for the mass audience pretty much go the safe, tried and true route.

Like I appreciate Synder and all he's done. LOVE his visual style and really don't think it'll ever be matched.

But his style/interpretations just don't gel well with what the mass audience wants.
I get that. I'm fine being in the minority when it comes to film tastes or games or what have you. I'm not really shocked if a studio gets cold feet over a risky, bold film either.

When it comes to Snyder's movies, I pay to see something in that style. I don't want JL to feel like any of the standard hero films that are out there right now. To see Zack's vision, which has always been to delve into ironic and provocative imagery, reduced to another movie of the week would be not only disrespectful to Zack (who left because of a tragedy) but also disrespectful to all the fans that invested into his vision for the last few years. Snyder had an arc in mind. I want to see it until the end.

I could care less what a mainstream audience thinks. They'll get their fill from all the other studios chasing franchise film money.

TDKR becomes a much better when you realize Bane is the main character/hero, Batman is the fascist trying to stop him, and the movie itself is right wing propaganda meant to discredit him.

strafer

TDKR becomes a much better when you realize Bane is the main character/hero, Batman is the fascist trying to stop him, and the movie itself is right wing propaganda meant to discredit him.

Bane was always the hero in that movie, I cheered when Bane fucked Batman up in the sewer.

Penguin

This thread has gone places in the last few hours

Enjoy your summer!
Go check out Dunkirk or watch War for the Planet of the Apes.
Play some Splatoon 2 or Destiny beta

Get drunk or high.

But you folks need to calm your nerves.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
When is the Hall H stuff going down anyway?
11:30am Pacific is when the WB panel starts. Though they never start with DC, it's always the other movies no one cares about lol.

Warner Bros. Pictures Presentation
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Expected to attend: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, T.J. Miller, Ernest Cline, Zak Penn and Steven Spielberg for Ready Player One; Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Lennie James, Mackenzie Davis, Hampton Fancher, Michael Green and Denis Villeneuve for Blade Runner 2049; and Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher for Justice League and Aquaman. Panel is moderated by Chris Hardwick.

Ross61

Enjoy your summer!

Get drunk or high.

I'm actually very excited because the comics side of DC hasn't disappointed at all today.

Raptor

Enjoy your summer!

Get drunk or high.

Imma get drunk and kill some narcos in Wildlands!!

;D

Ninjimbo

Enjoy your summer!

Get drunk or high.

I might play some SF later but that will not call my nerves at all.

strafer

Enjoy your summer!

Get drunk or high.

How can I enjoy something when I can't even enjoy life?

I will never watch Dunkirk. War I'm planning on seeing soon.

Don't know what Splatoon is. Destiny I don't like.

I can do drunk but no high, I don't do drugs and never will.

My nerves are calm.

Top Bottom