• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

J_Viper

Just read through Thrones of Atlantis

If Aquaman is a yuge hit, having a JL sequel revolve around that story line could be neat

Penguin

Isn't Aquaman itself an adaptation of throne of Atlantis?

Well don't think it will be an adaption of Throne of Atlantis since that involves attacking the main land and other stuff... hope they don't go that big with his first movie

Because an invading army is totally a Justice League-level threat

J_Viper

Been saying this for a while. They are potentially WB/DC ace in the hole imo. Huge talent in their stable but they haven't been brought up once in any rumors iirc. I wonder if their bridge is burned from too many flops?

I actually think they'd be a solid choice for JLD

Plus, they'd probably be able to get Keanu back as Constantine

Penguin

I really hope they drop Ayer andlet GCS do by a woman.

I do and I don't... well would be cool

But think would be cooler if/when Marvel or DC announce a female-directed movie that has a male-lead so we break out of this male/male or female/female dynamic fans seem to crave.

Ahasverus

I do and I don't... well would be cool

But think would be cooler if/when Marvel or DC announce a female-directed movie that has a male-lead so we break out of this male/male or female/female dynamic fans seem to crave.
Can you imagine Ivy and Catwoman designed by Ayer? Please God save us all.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sandberg slowly building that Shazam wall. I kinda hope he (and WB) turn this into the way they announce who's cast in what roles as the wall slowly fills in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYuHk5Ug7Qc/

xzo2DRg.jpg

lol starting to think that the Come Together riff will just end up being the official Justice League song in the DCEU

..and I aint even mad tbh.

Ninjimbo

I haven't liked Elfman's stuff in a long, long time. I think Batman Returns was the last thing I genuinely liked from him. At least Junkie gave us Fury Road which was pretty killer. Plus he had a handle on what Snyder wanted and was there from the beginning. Elfman being brought in so late kinda makes me think he'll just phone it in on JL.

Ross61

Why are they trying to force SS2 into existence... somehow they can crap this thing out again but no MOS2...

Well let's see.

Man of Steel's domestic and worldwide grosses are $291,045,518 and $668,045,518 respectively.

Suicide Squad's domestic and worldwide grosses are $325,100,054 and $745,600,054 respectively.

So putting two and two together.... You see where I'm going with this.

Ninjimbo

Team up movies are really popular as well and a spring for introducing diversity. I think one of the reasons why SS held on for as long as it did is because the cast resonated with so many different people.

a916

Well let's see.

Man of Steel's domestic and worldwide grosses are $291,045,518 and $668,045,518 respectively.

Suicide Squad's domestic and worldwide grosses are $325,100,054 and $745,600,054 respectively.

So putting two and two together.... You see where I'm going with this.

People keep bringing this up... but I strongly believe SS was all marketing hype. I'm fairly confident that any solo DC trinity movie with good word of mouth will blow past SS. Even Superman. Wonder Woman proved that and a Batman movie will too.

I can understand maybe spinning out one movie... but forcing out 3 out of this mess is ridiculous. SS2, Birds of Prey, Joker and Harley. Not to mention fast tracking it which is what led to the first one being hot garbage.

Ross61

People keep bringing this up... but I strongly believe SS was all marketing hype. I'm fairly confident that any solo DC trinity movie with good word of mouth will blow past SS. Even Superman. Wonder Woman proved that and a Batman movie will too.

I can understand maybe spinning out one movie... but forcing out 3 out of this mess is ridiculous. SS2, Birds of Prey, Joker and Harley. Not to mention fast tracking it which is what led to the first one being hot garbage.

It wasn't all marketing hype, it's diverse cast and pop-like nature led to it's success. And Man of Steel had better word of mouth than SS and still didn't make as much money sooooooo.....

And it GCS not Birds of Prey. And every spinoff makes sense and cater to different audiences. What led to it being garbage was David Ayer and he's gone :)

Suicide Squad box office success was one thing, but the merch and music partnerships were ridiculously successful. It'll likely be a regular occurrence with Suicide Squad and its adjacent projects.

shingi70

Banned
Team up movies are really popular as well and a spring for introducing diversity. I think one of the reasons why SS held on for as long as it did is because the cast resonated with so many different people.

Not really, anecdotal evidence, but all of my friends especially women loved Suicide Squad. It was pretty much convinced to be popular, bright colors, popular music, cool characters, video game like story telling. The hot topic crowd is a huge market and this was armovie that was directly targeted at them.

Top Bottom