• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

One hour. There are two specials airing. The first is about Legends of Tomorrow and that's a full hour or 45/48 minutes once you cut the commercials out I believe. The second hour the same night is the "Dawn of the Justice League" special with interviews from Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins. So that likely means footage from the Wonder Woman film as well as BvS footage. Also interviews with Henry Cavil, Gal Gadot, and Ben Affleck as well.

They didn't say who was the host or narrator for these though.

This is airing on Tuesday, Jan. 19 2016 at 8pm EST. I think that should be added to the opening post or the title if possible.

It's 2 30-minute specials

Legends airs at 9:00pm and Justice League at 9:30

Justice League is hosted by Kevin Smith and Geoff Johns

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/suicide-squad-trailer-cw-justice-league-special

That Suicide Squad trailer is going to be lit.
im_ready_game_of_thrones.gif

a916

It could convince people who don't see her as a fighter.

I'd rather they prove it in the movie though... in my opinion, the trailer should focus on Batman and Superman because the movie is about Batman and Superman, so making a trailer to sell WW fighting just seems trivial.

I can understand the need to see WW fighting in a WW trailer, but not a BvS trailer. If Batman and Superman aren't selling you tickets, I doubt a little sprinkling of whatever little footage WW will make a negligible difference.

Joni

I'd rather they prove it in the movie though... in my opinion, the trailer should focus on Batman and Superman because the movie is about Batman and Superman, so making a trailer to sell WW fighting just seems trivial.

I can understand the need to see WW fighting in a WW trailer, but not a BvS trailer. If Batman and Superman aren't selling you tickets, I doubt a little sprinkling of whatever little footage WW will make a negligible difference.
But it is be a peak at her movie.

Busty

Banned
The rumoured Suicide Squad trailer sounds incredible. Can't wait

The ComicCon trailer (sizzle reel, whatever) is one of the best trailers (dat Bee Gees cover) I've seen in the last five years. I don't know how many times I've watched it but it really does represent the perfect marriage of tone and style.

I've actually avoided the leaked trailer break down because I want to see it with fresh eyes, I realise that means I'm avoiding spoilers for a trailer but I hold the first one in that high of regard.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Still don't know who is the composer for SS, are they going for Zimmer or someone else? Joker and Harley need a theme so maybe Zimmer will do those but someone else will score it.

strafer

Still don't know who is the composer for SS, are they going for Zimmer or someone else? Joker and Harley need a theme so maybe Zimmer will do those but someone else will score it.

Probably Steven Price. He worked with Ayer before.

Does anyone know the reason for why Waller forms the team (as in what threat she needs criminals to handle in case things turn south and backlash could occur)? Has it been revealed yet or not?

Does anyone know the reason for why Waller forms the team (as in what threat she needs criminals to handle in case things turn south and backlash could occur)? Has it been revealed yet or not?
The theory is that she's using them to take down Joker. Assault on Arkham style plot.

That being said, Waller uses SS for more than just that, according to the trailer and in the comics. They're basically disposable supers

The theory is that she's using them to take down Joker. Assault on Arkham style plot.

That being said, Waller uses SS for more than just that, according to the trailer and in the comics. They're basically disposable supers
Didn't really like much of Assault on Arkham for the reason of the plot being Joker yet again taking the limelight of the Arkham Verse so I hope that isn't true.

It has to be something dangerous, because as she pointed out in the trailer, if the mission screws up, then the blame can be pinned on the villains which gives it some level of danger.

I figured the Enchantress was the big bad, her powers seem much grander than anyone else's. Maybe the Joker's manipulating her like he did Harley?

Didn't really like much of Assault on Arkham for the reason of the plot being Joker yet again taking the limelight of the Arkham Verse so I hope that isn't true.

It has to be something dangerous, because as she pointed out in the trailer, if the mission screws up, then the blame can be pinned on the villains which gives it some level of danger.
Like I said, she's not just forming them for one mission. She's forming them as a general tool. This movie looks like it's utilizing the AoA plot, or at least a very similar one.

Even so, she mentions multiple reasons within the trailer itself, which I boiled down: disposable supers

Penguin

Hmm I don't know if this makes sense, but sounds like the Wonder Woman first look would be part of the commercial breaks and not the special itself?

Warner to debut first look at Wonder Woman in commercial break during Suicide Squad trailer within Batman v Superman special on the CW

https://twitter.com/benfritz/status/682279780167778304

Nevermind, old tweet

But some "new-ish" info from Kevin Smith since he is hosting and already filmed

The Suicide Squad trailer will end the special

Seems to be Dawn of Justice>Wonder Woman> Suicide Squad

LosDaddie

Banned
Will watch.

Maybe DC can do it right, but the Avengers TV specials were boring. Nothing new to anyone who's been following the movie(s).

Penguin

Will watch.

Maybe DC can do it right, but the Avengers TV specials were boring. Nothing new to anyone who's been following the movie(s).

Well at least this one we know will have a brand new Suicide Squad trailer... assuming it doesn't leak before next Tues

Penguin

Well a bump for a reminder is still good.

And Kevin Smith confirms there will be new footage from BvS and stuff from Wonder Woman. He makes it sound like actual footage, but imagine it will be stuff filming. We shall see.

Not sure why, but reminded me of when DC announced their slate and folks went in on them for announcing it in such an uneventful manner (via press release) so in some ways, this is the DCEU coming out party for the general audience.

I mean doubt many of them follow the news like we do. So hope it's eventful

Effect

I figured the Enchantress was the big bad, her powers seem much grander than anyone else's. Maybe the Joker's manipulating her like he did Harley?

I'm increasingly thinking she's going to be the big random variable in the story that turns everything on it's head. The SS against Joker seems like a normal story. Then drop Enchantress in the middle of that with control issues and June Moon being controlled by an evil spirit. That leaves the question of what does Flag do when he encounters her. From the trailer we did get it looks like he does know her and they might have been close. Does he of all people go off mission? So many questions. I hope the new trailer starts to give us more information regarding the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom