• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I didn't Genra AT ALL! But I did get the Kokoro challenge and defeated her. I hope there's a repeat of challenges so I can face Genra

fernoca

No more DLC costumes! No word if they'll have them again at some point.

Only weekly challenges, until November 15...at the moment. (Today's Elliot)

Defeated Kasumi Alpha with Alpha-152 for this week's throwdown. The final throwdown is next week and will be against Shiden. I'll just use Shiden to defeat Shiden

Won the final throwdown challenge against Shiden by using Shiden as well. It went the distance. Too bad the whole thing is bittersweet cause I'll never get the Genra throwdown I should have gotten when it was available

Received a notification today for the game

It looks like the costumes are going through another cycle and that the throwdown challenges are being repeated. It starts today

So if there is something you have missed, here's your chance to get whatever you need.

EDIT: Confirming that throwdowns are in fact repeats. Beat Kasumi and it didn't give me a rare Kasumi figurine like before

It seems like they are going to cycle through all the costumes again four times, so late comers will have plenty of time to catch up.

The Throwdown Challenges are only going to cycle through again once though, so anyone that missed out should probably hop to it. At least you have a week for each throwdown. (The first throwdown just started today.)

I'm really glad they are repeating the Throwdown Challenges since I missed the first eleven. Now I can get all the figurines and finally 100% the game. :D

Anony

so what's up with the cut scenes?
some are really good
most are shitty stills
in the story mode, sometimes they just transition to a fight scene that seems disconnected

Fought and beat the Kasumi throwdown, who was the only one I lost to before (especially after I learned you could reset the 3DS and still have the Throwdown available), just unlocked a regular Tina statue. I guess the later Kasumi throwdown already offered the same prize, perhaps?

Fought and beat the Kasumi throwdown, who was the only one I lost to before (especially after I learned you could reset the 3DS and still have the Throwdown available), just unlocked a regular Tina statue. I guess the later Kasumi throwdown already offered the same prize, perhaps?

That reset trick could have come in handy for me earlier since I randomly decided to turn on the game earlier today and got my ass handed to me in the Kasumi throwdown, ah well.
I was pleased to see it had built up a little backlog of throwdown challenges.

So I just picked up this guy with a new 3DS. What's up with this costume business, do I actually have to take some action to pick them up? Or just download them from the eShop or something?

DR2K

Banned
So I just picked up this guy with a new 3DS. What's up with this costume business, do I actually have to take some action to pick them up? Or just download them from the eShop or something?

Create extra data when you first start up your game, Turn on street pass in the online options in menu. Keep your 3DS in sleep mode, and it'll automatically download the costume for you next time you start the game up. It'll give you notifications.

Boney

Banned

they'll be downloaded daily via spot pass. Just pop in the game and it'll be ready.

It can queue like 3-4 costumes, but if you leave it unplayed for too long you'll miss out on some.

Just picked up the game and a 3DS. So is there any way for me to check if those costumes are still available?

You have nothing to worry about with regard to the costumes. They'll be going through repeat cycles. Only thing you have to worry about are whether the SpotPass throwdown challenges will be repeated

On an unrelated note, I finally have all the figurines with the exception of the rare Genra figurine. I wish it was April 19 already

dreamfall

I recently have been playing much more of this. My DOAU save got corrupted, and in my sadness, I put this back in my 3DS and finally finished the last three tag challenges. It's definitely my favorite portable fighter- I love the quick online games, but wish there were more costumes for each fighter.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I picked this up today as my first 3DS game, and while I'm really enjoying it, finding out that TK has stopped the Spotpass service is kinda BS. So now there's no way at all for me to get those DLC costumes? =/

dreamfall

In playing more DOA 5, I find myself coming back to this game on the road to train/ play online when I'm too lazy to start up the PS3. Does anyone still play regularly? Some of the Regional matches I've had have been pretty good, but it seems to take awhile to still pair up for a match.

Top Bottom