• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet’s Sexy Sandwich Outfit Isn’t Available On PS4, But It’s On Switch

kunonabi

God, Sony really made a mess of this. So Lei fang is the same as everyone else aside from being limited to one malfunctioning swimsuit?

She's using her old model with her proper measurements right?

sol_bad

Everyone should keep in mind that if you want a beach style DOA game, DOA5 PC modded with the HDM Beach Paradise mod is a perfectly acceptable substitute.

Warning, these videos are very NSFW

Thanks to this and DOAX Venus Vacation, I barely even think about Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 anymore (other than to wish I could do more of the VR stuff without the grind or paying $60)

Do they all have the exact same body? The modders should work on different bodies for the different women.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Is this the game that never got released in Europe anyway or another one?

And it goes for like hundreds on ebay?

Vlaphor

Is this the game that never got released in Europe anyway or another one?

And it goes for like hundreds on ebay?

Neither of the DOAX 3 games were available outside the Eastern countries. That being said, DOAX3 is available in English in the Asian regions. You can find it for reasonable prices on Ebay, but make sure it's the Asian version and not the Japanese version. The Asian version has English subtitles.

Eiknarf

Banned
Wait
I remember having Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball way back in the day.

There was a 2? There’s a 3?

Where? Is it importable?
Why isn’t it at stores here? I just heard of it yesterday

Wait
I remember having Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball way back in the day.

There was a 2? There’s a 3?

Where? Is it importable?
Why isn’t it at stores here? I just heard of it yesterday
It's importable. Asia multi-language is what you want.

Don't get Scarlet on PS4, though. The best items have been removed from the PS4 version.

Get Fortune instead if you want it uncensored. It's a bit more grindy, though. Scarlet on Switch is uncensored.

You also need an HK PSN account to download all the free DLC.
I still find it strange that this never released in the US despite DOAX 1 & 2 doing so.
Blame the game bloggers at their height of supporting Anita Sarkeesian.

Tecmo just didn't want to deal with negative "sexualizing woman" articles.

Ulysses 31

You can try the switch demo, its really easy to make a nintendo jp account
I don't think you even need to do that, just change region to Japanese, but remember where the setting is to change it back lest you can read Japanese. :p

Play-asia sells JPN eShop currency. You'll need a Japanese creditcard otherwise.

Durask

Decreeing sexy as some ultimate taboo is one of the worst things to ever happen to video games.
Just what is the big fucking deal? Do feminists think playing a game like this is going to make a guy go out and rape a woman? Like Jacko Whacko from back in the day believing Grand Theft Auto would create mass murderers.

No, they just want control and power. It's the same as with a schoolyard bully who punches someone in the face - it's fun.

Eiknarf

Banned
It's importable. Asia multi-language is what you want.
What the?
Why are there so many versions?
And what’s the difference between Scarlett and Fortune?

I see a whole bunch on Amazon

Wouldn’t it be better to order through Amazon?

Which one?

Last edited:
What the?
Why are there so many versions?
It got a PS4 and Vita release then got a PS4 re-release and Switch port with 2 additional characters. PS4 re-release is missing select DLC from original version, it's included with Switch version.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
It got a PS4 and Vita release then got a PS4 re-release and Switch port with 2 additional characters. PS4 re-release is missing select DLC from original version, it's included with Switch version.

Oh man
Hey
Could you link which specific one I should get for a PS4 in the States?

Oh man
Hey
Could you link which specific one I should get for a PS4 in the States?
This is the re-release version with select DLC, minus the DLC stuff Sony wouldn't let them include if that doesn't bother you. The original version is sold out now anyway.

Eiknarf

Banned
This is the re-release version with select DLC, minus the DLC stuff Sony wouldn't let them include if that doesn't bother you. The original version is sold out now anyway.

Thanks
But I was wondering if you could link to the exact one on Amazon.

This is all that show up in a search for PS4, but they’re all slightly different- I don’t know which is correct

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Omg I’m so confused

What’s the difference between Scarlet and Fortune (PS4)?

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
As long as America continues to have the upper hand in this industry we're gonna see more and more situations like this.
So we better get used it. Soon the few developers left who stand against this pseudo-puritanism will also start self-censoring their games.

Omg I’m so confused

Scarlet is the update that added LeiFang and a new character. I hear all versions of it includes English subtitle option and text unlike the original, so you should be fine. Just go with cheapest.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I want sexy back, feminists can go fuck themselves, fun hating prude bastards.
The message is clear. Let us call JB and bring sexy back.
iu

Omg I’m so confused

Scarlet was rebalanced to reduce the grinding a little bit (you earn more money during vacations, the money cap has been increased, Premium swimsuits rotate weekly instead of bi-weekly), however the PS4 version is heavily cut down.

The PS4 version is missing fun items like special fans which you can use to make T&A jiggle, blow up skirts or to "destroy" select bikinis whenever you want, however most of the bikinis that have a fail state have been removed in Scarlet for PS4 (well, the fail state has been removed, the Bikinis are still there), this also means that Photo session mode is missing lots of hidden poses. Scarlet is also missing the lotions to increase and decrease the T&A jiggle.

Since Fortune got the two new characters as paid DLC, there is pretty much no reason to get Scarlet for PS4. Problem is that Fortune isn't cheap, you pay $60+ for used copies and then you have to pay more for the DLC. Almost all Bikinis are free DLC, though, but you can't always buy them in-game since they rotate.

The only alternative to that would be buying it digitally from the HK PSN Store, you can buy HK$ Cards from Play-Asia.

The DLC for Fortune can be found on the F2P versions site

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Scarlet was rebalanced to reduce the grinding a little bit (you earn more money during vacations, the money cap has been increased, Premium swimsuits rotate weekly instead of bi-weekly), however the PS4 version is heavily cut down.

The PS4 version is missing fun items like special fans which you can use to make T&A jiggle, blow up skirts or to "destroy" select bikinis whenever you want, however most of the bikinis that have a fail state have been removed in Scarlet for PS4 (well, the fail state has been removed, the Bikinis are still there), this also means that Photo session mode is missing lots of hidden poses. Scarlet is also missing the lotions to increase and decrease the T&A jiggle.

Since Fortune got the two new characters as paid DLC, there is pretty much no reason to get Scarlet for PS4. Problem is that Fortune isn't cheap, you pay $60+ for used copies and then you have to pay more for the DLC. Almost all Bikinis are free DLC, though, but you can't always buy them in-game since they rotate.

The only alternative to that would be buying it digitally from the HK PSN Store, you can buy HK$ Cards from Play-Asia.

The DLC for Fortune can be found on the F2P versions site

So it sounds like Fortune is the one to get
Does that mean it’s newer than Scarlet?

Scarlet is newer, but they're the same game. You can think of it like this: Fortune didn't get the rebalancing patch, otherwise they're the exact same game down to a T.
It's older, it probably got grandfathered in and thats why it's avoiding the new censorship policies.
It doesn't avoid them completely, though. If you buy the Misaki and Fei DLC for Fortune, you get the censored (removed fail states) swimsuits which are in Scarlet for PS4. They're only uncensored on Switch.

It's a mess, but Fortune with Fei and Misaki DLC is the most complete version of the game you can get for PS4.

Eiknarf

Banned
Scarlet is newer, but they're the same game. You can think of it like this: Fortune didn't get the rebalancing patch, otherwise they're the exact same game down to a T.

It doesn't avoid them completely, though. If you buy the Misaki and Fei DLC for Fortune, you get the censored (removed fail states) swimsuits which are in Scarlet for PS4. They're only uncensored on Switch.

It's a mess, but Fortune with Fei and Misaki DLC is the most complete version of the game you can get for PS4.

Interesting

Three questions:

What’s “the rebalancing patch”?

You mentioned buying download content....etc But.... Is that possible for people in the States if the game is not permitted here nor on the US PlayStation Store?

What’s “fail states” ?

What’s “the rebalancing patch”?
The game has been rebalanced with Scarlet. As I've said before, that means you get more money in a vacation (effectively reducing the grind). This helps when you start the game, but it becomes less helpful later on, since you make a lot of owner money (the game has two currencies, owner money is used to buy Premium Bikinis) in Fortune anyways. If you play it long enough you make an easy 500-700k in 20 minutes, the most expensive bikinis cost 1 million and if you decide to max the affection of every girl you get 1 million+ per vacation.

Scarlet is essentially the same game, just rebalanced.
You mentioned buying download content....etc But.... Is that possible for people in the States if the game is not permitted here nor on the US PlayStation Store?
Yes, you just need to make a Hong Kong PSN account. Why Hong Kong? It's one of the few asian PSN stores in english. You just add that HK PSN account to your US playstation and when you need something from the HK store you simply switch profiles. You can play the game and access the DLC with your US account, but you need to set your PS4 as the main console for both accounts.

What’s “fail states” ?
The game has some bikinis that have "hidden" states. Like when they fall into water, pieces of their clothing slip and they get more revealing in the process. They also trigger different animations/reactions at the end of activities etc

this short video demonstrates that and also the Black Fan which has been removed from Scarlet on PS4 (with that you can force the fail states of the bikinis everywhere)

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
The game has been rebalanced with Scarlet. As I've said before, that means you get more money in a vacation (effectively reducing the grind). This helps when you start the game, but it becomes less helpful later on, since you make a lot of owner money (the game has two currencies, owner money is used to buy Premium Bikinis) in Fortune anyways. If you play it long enough you make an easy 500-700k in 20 minutes, the most expensive bikinis cost 1 million and if you decide to max the affection of every girl you get 1 million+ per vacation.

Scarlet is essentially the same game, just rebalanced.

Yes, you just need to make a Hong Kong PSN account. Why Hong Kong? It's one of the few asian PSN stores in english. You just add that HK PSN account to your US playstation and when you need something from the HK store you simply switch profiles. You can play the game and access the DLC with your US account, but you need to set your PS4 as the main console for both accounts.

The game has some bikinis that have "hidden" states. Like when they fall into water, pieces of their clothing slip and they get more revealing in the process. They also trigger different animations/reactions at the end of activities etc

this short video demonstrates that and also the Black Fan which has been removed from Scarlet on PS4 (with that you can force the fail states of the bikinis everywhere)

You’re very thorough
Thanks

So there’s only like nine characters from the fight game? Isn’t that pretty much all the female characters?

A few girls are missing. Christie and Rachel for example, also Lisa (which is dumb, since she was introduced with DOAX back in the day)...

The PC game (DOAX3 Venus Vacation) even has some which aren't from the fighting games at all like Monica, Luna and Fiona amongst others, but Venus Vacation is also a completely different game.

Team Ninja kinda fucked up. They should've added everything from Venus Vacation to Scarlet, maybe with DOAX4.

Eiknarf

Banned
A few girls are missing. Christie and Rachel for example, also Lisa (which is dumb, since she was introduced with DOAX back in the day)...

The PC game (DOAX3 Venus Vacation) even has some which aren't from the fighting games at all like Monica, Luna and Fiona amongst others, but Venus Vacation is also a completely different game.

Team Ninja kinda fucked up. They should've added everything from Venus Vacation to Scarlet, maybe with DOAX4.

Interesting

But based on all the comments above, it’s best to go with Fortune and NOT Scarlet

Eiknarf

Banned

So if you have Fortune and you download Fei and Misaki, are they free or a fee? And you said if you DO download them, you get “censored swimsuits”? Is that censorship just for those two - or does the censorship override the whole game?

also, Does this game have save points? Can you just stop playing wherever you are and save if you have to?

sorry for all the questions. It’s been around 15 years since I played one

The Misaki and Fei DLC cost money, 81 HK$ per character, that's roughly 10 USD each. There are two bikinis for each girl which are censored (removed fail state - This is a screenshot of one of them how it looks on Switch), the base game stays untouched and all swimsuits with fail states work on Fei and Misaki.

There are a few more paid DLC like the Senran Kagura collab, Pre-Order DLC and some other bikinis, but only the PSVR DLC is worth it, if you have a PSVR... the Senran Kagura Swimsuits have an exploding feature... that's cool, but not really needed. There are enough bikinis in the game with the free DLC catalogs (there are over 20 of them and each comes with 3 bikinis in different color schemes).

You can save during vacations, it saves after each activity. I recommend creating a save backup in the cloud or on a USB stick before gifting very expensive Premium swimsuits with "owner money". Some Bikinis (the most lewd ones) are a pain to gift to the girls and it gets a bit frustrating when they refuse a $1 million swimsuit since you have to spent half of the price on rewrapping the gift, just so you can try again... this is annoying especially at the beginning when you only make $100k owner money per vacation.

I also recommend checking the gamefaqs board for Fortune (if you decide to get it), since the game still receives patches (last one was October) and there might come a time when they have to censor Fortune. So you should turn auto updates off and check there if the updates are safe.

Eiknarf

Banned
The Misaki and Fei DLC cost money, 81 HK$ per character, that's roughly 10 USD each. There are two bikinis for each girl which are censored (removed fail state - This is a screenshot of one of them how it looks on Switch), the base game stays untouched and all swimsuits with fail states work on Fei and Misaki.

There are a few more paid DLC like the Senran Kagura collab, Pre-Order DLC and some other bikinis, but only the PSVR DLC is worth it, if you have a PSVR... the Senran Kagura Swimsuits have an exploding feature... that's cool, but not really needed. There are enough bikinis in the game with the free DLC catalogs (there are over 20 of them and each comes with 3 bikinis in different color schemes).

You can save during vacations, it saves after each activity. I recommend creating a save backup in the cloud or on a USB stick before gifting very expensive Premium swimsuits with "owner money". Some Bikinis (the most lewd ones) are a pain to gift to the girls and it gets a bit frustrating when they refuse a $1 million swimsuit since you have to spent half of the price on rewrapping the gift, just so you can try again... this is annoying especially at the beginning when you only make $100k owner money per vacation.

I also recommend checking the gamefaqs board for Fortune (if you decide to get it), since the game still receives patches (last one was October) and there might come a time when they have to censor Fortune. So you should turn auto updates off and check there if the updates are safe.
Ok
Ordered it
I’ll get it monday

seems like the latest update doesn’t censor anything

I probably can’t download the two bonus characters because I’m in America and am not gonna create a HK account or whatever

is there any dlc for American users being it was never released here?

Yes, Version 1.19 is still uncensored.

No, you won't have access to any DLC then.

I hope you've ordered the asian version with english subtitles. Don't order the japanese version, that one doesn't have english subtitles.

Eiknarf

Banned
Yes, Version 1.19 is still uncensored.

No, you won't have access to any DLC then.

I hope you've ordered the asian version with english subtitles. Don't order the japanese version, that one doesn't have english subtitles.
I hope so too
I went by title and barcode url on the back

this

HVPciEc.jpg

e1Anpp8.jpg

Eiknarf

Banned
Prices have gone mental for this now.

Wow
That’s $314 in US currency. New.
I got a great deal then, getting it for $70 used mint condition

I never understood why people feel the need to get something such as a disc/CD/DVD/Blu-ray etc as NEW?

there’s no wear and tear. There’s no degradation on a CD or Blu-ray disc no matter if it’s played one time or 100,000 times. It’s not like a cassette tape or a VHS tape where it degrades every time you play it. That’s truly USED because a tape gets dragged across the play head and breaks down slowly but surely

Last edited:
Top Bottom