• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

LiK

I find the psycho battles to be easy. Only 1 that took half my health was that yoga psycho. It prob helped that I would only visit a psycho when I was fully stocked with the best weapons.

They do get way easier if you have AI survivors with you too. Although one Psycho did not allow that. I haven't died to any Psychos so far but they do take quite a beating. Man, they are all so disgusting lol

I just shot them all. It was easy as hell doing it that way.

I'm primarily melee. That explains it lol

Psycho battles are pretty easy with ranged weapons. Most of (all?) the bosses get "stunned" for a second when you shoot them with something strong, so you can continually pound them to take most of their health down.

I unlocked categories so I can pretty much make the Z.A.R. with anything. That gun is awesome.

Dabanton

Damm. This game is so good.

And actually a bit scary in parts,the sheer overwhelming amount of zombies is ridiculous.
I keep finding myself shouting out 'Holy Shit' when I drive about especially when it hits nightfall.

sangreal

Didn't even realize there was a new challenge. Love that they're keeping them coming and with actual ingame rewards unlike Ryse

malfcn

Dropped a point in a Combo category because I didn't understand it for some reason. Game saves auto, so point gone. It's only one right?

What are some good builds?

sangreal

Dropped a point in a Combo category because I didn't understand it for some reason. Game saves auto, so point gone. It's only one right?

game only autosaves at certain points. too late for you now I guess. I did the same thing though; it's not the end of the world

see5harp

Psycho battles are pretty easy with ranged weapons. Most of (all?) the bosses get "stunned" for a second when you shoot them with something strong, so you can continually pound them to take most of their health down.

I unlocked categories so I can pretty much make the Z.A.R. with anything. That gun is awesome.

Yea, theZAR is essentially my go to psycho weapon thus far. That and the splitshot has really made the game A LOT more accessible early on. I feel like I can run though a group of zombies with multiple survivors at full speed with no issue. That would have NEVER happened in the first game.

Don't worry about the point.

I like the grim reaper thingy and the ultimate powershout, can just farm up.

Nivane

Question on achievements for DR3: My friend and I co-oped the entire story. We collectively got all blueprints, but I noticed the achievement didn't activate. I only noticed I got the tag for 50 blueprints (when I picked up the last one) even though we've collected them all.

The same thing goes for all the other collectibles. It seems as though we've collected everything together, the achievements are only registering for the individual. I noticed this also when we rescued all the survivors, but when I went back to play my solo story, I got an achievement for having posted three or five or whatever the first level of posting survivors to the board is.

Is this just a glitch or are we just screwed?

Grisby

anything we know about it? i'm done with Season Passes
Just the blip that is the description. 4 new characters that each have some new weapons and a vehicle.

If the dlc was on the order of Case Zero or West then that would be pretty neat. Could also be super short (well, case zero is short but I liked it).

LiK

Finished it today. Got Ending S. holy shit, haven't had so much fun with a game in a while. Frustration free game. The weapons were ridiculous and killing zombies never got old. GREAT story too. I was shocked. Well done. I might get the DLC if the first one has good reviews.

My only gripe is no fast travel between safehouses. Being forced to travel all the way to the other side of the map for the sidequests was really irritating. They did that too often later in the game.

I am up to chapter 7 but still have a lot of stuff to collect with 2days 2hours remaining. What happens if I just finish the game; can I then jump back in and finish the collectibles or will it reset me?

If it resets then it means a lot of places will be locked again.

Thanks for any input.

sangreal

I am up to chapter 7 but still have a lot of stuff to collect with 2days 2hours remaining. What happens if I just finish the game; can I then jump back in and finish the collectibles or will it reset me?

If it resets then it means a lot of places will be locked again.

Thanks for any input.

it won't reset you, but it will reset the world (minus collectibles) so all the doors and safehouses will be locked again

that said, there is no time limit after chapter 7 but before OT so you can do it then as long as you don't start OT
OT starts when you get to the top of the movie theater
. Also, 2 days and 2 hours is an eternity in story mode

LiK

it won't reset you, but it will reset the world (minus collectibles) so all the doors and safehouses will be locked again

that said, there is no time limit after chapter 7 but before OT so you can do it then as long as you don't start OT

Wish I knew that. Would've spent more time collecting stuff. Although traveling became more annoying with stronger enemies later in the game.

Thanks for the reply. I have now finished up the blueprints and am considering the trophies, though after looking at some of the other PP trials I can't see me ever actually completing them all so I am considering just finishing up the game now.

Mid-way through chapter 7 I have 42k kills. I don't think I am willing to give up enough of my gaming time to the 100 and 200k kill trials.

malfcn

I don't know if it's just a skin or has better properties, but I love the Mtn Dew Rollerhog. If only the flames were neon green!

Got this game for Xmas from the girlfriend. It's unreal how fun it is to just go around killing zombies. I'm in Chapter 2 already and can't put it down. So great.

Redshirt

Banned
Mid-way through chapter 7 I have 42k kills. I don't think I am willing to give up enough of my gaming time to the 100 and 200k kill trials.

You definitely have to grind for the 200K PP Trial, but it's not too bad using the Roller Hawg on Chapter 8 with the indestructible vehicles perk. I didn't do it in a single sitting, though.

Just finished the game. Got Ending S. Thoroughly enjoyed the game from start to end. Going to take a break from it and play something bright and colourful such as Super Mario 3D World for a few days then I might push through a quick Nightmare run.

malfcn

Argh!
Big D didn't drop his gun!

Tried reloading but it was too late. Even ran back to the spot and it wasn't there.
When they died they must have clipped the wall and dropped their custom weapon there.

Alfredo

Just got to Overtime Mode, I'm dealing with the last of the
drones
, and the game just all of a sudden crashed on me and went straight to the dashboard. I load up the game again, and I have to start the whole sequence from the beginning. Grr, so I'm done for tonight.

Is it just me, or is there WAY too much driving in this game? I'm doing all the side missions I get, and, including this Overtime mission, driving between every section of the city over and over is getting really tiresome. I feel like I'm spending more time on the highways than in the city itself...

drones
, and the game just all of a sudden crashed on me and went straight to the dashboard. I load up the game again, and I have to start the whole sequence from the beginning. Grr, so I'm done for tonight.

Is it just me, or is there WAY too much driving in this game? I'm doing all the side missions I get, and, including this Overtime mission, driving between every section of the city over and over is getting really tiresome. I feel like I'm spending more time on the highways than in the city itself...

Side missions to the end had a bit too much for me. Constantly jumping from place to place, got a bit tedious.

theytookourjobz

drones

It doesn't really take that long to go between the different parts of the city but it definitely feels like padding and a fast travel option would have been welcome toward the end of the game.

MANGOD

Banned
Ive lost my game save what in the actual FUCK!!!!
Not played in a few weeks and fancied a game, went to launch it but there was an explanation mark next to the game so was prompted with something like update failed reinstall. I couldn't start the game without doing this so then spent around 3 hours yes 3 for it to get to 39 percent installation for me to start and now my game save is gone. Ive pumped about 12 hours into the game and was around chapter 5 and there is fuckin no chance im startin again. PISSED

derFeef

Not played in a few weeks and fancied a game, went to launch it but there was an explanation mark next to the game so was prompted with something like update failed reinstall. I couldn't start the game without doing this so then spent around 3 hours yes 3 for it to get to 39 percent installation for me to start and now my game save is gone. Ive pumped about 12 hours into the game and was around chapter 5 and there is fuckin no chance im startin again. PISSED
That happened to me as well, be sure it's fully installed/updated - as you can start the game before that is done. I waited some more time with the Xbox on and it worked then. If you press the menu button and it says "retry install" or "restart install" or something like that - it's not finished installing.

zorbsie

Wait for the full install to install. Same thing happened to me when I did the 5GB update. Said I didn't have a save. After the update finished, my game was there again. Hope that's the case, would really suck if your save is gone.

Is there any real word on the DLC for this game. Loved the game so much I'm considering getting the season pass. But there is next to no information any of it.

Timu

Wait for the full install to install. Same thing happened to me when I did the 5GB update. Said I didn't have a save. After the update finished, my game was there again. Hope that's the case, would really suck if your save is gone.

Is there any real word on the DLC for this game. Loved the game so much I'm considering getting the season pass. But there is next to no information any of it.
1st DLC is on January 21st.

PSGames

About to start this game. How much more difficult is Nightmare Mode? Are there additional achievements? The difficulty with the first Dead Rising was fine for reference but I don't want something too frustrating either.

MANGOD

Banned
Cheers for the replys about the save I hope it shows up. The game is still installing and around 50 percent, ita been about 5 hours!!!!

malfcn

This fucking game. Today I haven't been able to put it down. Have 1 day 20 hours and 2 chapters left. All the side missions are going to make it come down to the wire I feel..

malfcn

Accidentally combo'd the Master Hotdog with something. What did it do?

About to start The Facts and lvl 39.5..decent?
Still doing The Facts and up to 47 now..PP book and Elemental Staff spamming.

Almost had an epic glitch, but I was afraid it'd break the game.
http://sdrv.ms/1bJMove

Is the time limit fabricated or is it real? I mean, is there any real chance that I won't be able to finish the game if I elect to do all the sidequests, fight the psychos, find all the blueprints and collectibles? The time limit is the one thing I hated about Dead Rising 1 (well, besides the saving system) since I like to explore the world freely and hate being stressed during games.

malfcn

Time limit on regular feels pretty generous to me. I think I did just about every side mission and picked up half the collectibles and has a full day left. Also power leveled to 50 and probably wasted a ton of time.

My eyes are playing tricks on me, or did this suddenly looks a lot less jagged?

I also have the impression the same occurred with BF4 and KI, but I don't even know if they updated XD

Is the time limit fabricated or is it real? I mean, is there any real chance that I won't be able to finish the game if I elect to do all the sidequests, fight the psychos, find all the blueprints and collectibles? The time limit is the one thing I hated about Dead Rising 1 (well, besides the saving system) since I like to explore the world freely and hate being stressed during games.

If you are in story mode then you have no problem at all. In nightmare mode probably not... At least not at first try.

Finally got around to finishing the game, S ranking. Did not see the twist
about Annie being Chuck's daughter. Mind blown there.
Now I'll just leave the game alone until the DLC comes out, and then try going through Nightmare mode. Still need 1 car combo, a few weapons and collectables, all in all the game was very fun.

malfcn

I don't think OT has the time running. It's been 58 minutes for awhile now. I will have everything maxed out with points. Could probably collect everything too!
Yup, just maxed everything out at around "53" or "54" and have 3 points left over.

Holy shit with the Ultimate Shout - just combo'd up to 1197 and could have kept going if I had more stocked.
Link to a Tactical Shark doing work: http://sdrv.ms/1f8M5lq
Wish there was a bear head or costume in the game!

Top Bottom