• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

malfcn

Finally went ahead and beat it, and got the massive bomb blue print.

Finished with 33 side missions. What total available?

jpatez34

Neo Member
Love running Zombies over with a Steam Roller! Everytime I end up in fits of maniacal laughter. This game is the epitome of fun.

Rat Salad

Banned
Stupid question but how do you remove the knights helmet? Because I found it along with its armor and when I try on other clothes the helmet stays on me. At the moment I'm running around in new clothing(daisy dukes of all things....) Yet I'm still wearing the knight helmet. So tired of seeing him wear this thing. What type of clothing does he have to wear for it to be removed?

Stupid question but how do you remove the knights helmet? Because I found it along with its armor and when I try on other clothes the helmet stays on me. At the moment I'm running around in new clothing(daisy dukes of all things....) Yet I'm still wearing the knight helmet. So tired of seeing him wear this thing. What type of clothing does he have to wear for it to be removed?

Find another piece of headgear. Should be plenty around.

Rat Salad

Banned
Find another piece of headgear. Should be plenty around.

Will have a further look around town,thanks. At the moment all I see is a women's clothing store. In desperation I tried on high hells and daisy dukes. Now I can't find any other stores for alternate clothing so I'm dressed as a slut right now.(still in chapter one.) LOL.

derFeef

Will have a further look around town,thanks. At the moment all I see is a women's clothing store. In desperation I tried on high hells and daisy dukes. Now I can't find any other stores for alternate clothing so I'm dressed as a slut right now.(still in chapter one.) LOL.

You can yell "change clothes" at Kinect and it switches back to your mechanic outfit anywhere, anytime.

malfcn

Rollerhog is the best. I used a Mtn Dew edition almost exclusively.
And you can always go to a safehouse to change outfits.

For me I preferred a Tactical Shark: Shark head + Tac gear.

Pollux

Same thing happened to me but I'm in a slutty sci-if outfit, go-go boots, and an S&M mask haha

This game is awesome

123rl

Any word on the DLC release dates yet? I'm almost 50 hours into it now and I love it; it may be one of my favourite games of last year now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Don't like that the stores aren't labelled. I honestly remember the first two having the stores labelled. That or I played the first two so damned much that I just remember where everything is. I'm getting there though.

I haven't finished the game yet and this is my fourth restart. Working my way to that perfect run.

Are the mannequins an awesome weapon? I've seen some of them around and haven't tested yet. It would be an awesome nod to the first game where those things were a staple when you're first starting a game.

malfcn

Don't like that the stores aren't labelled. I honestly remember the first two having the stores labelled. That or I played the first two so damned much that I just remember where everything is. I'm getting there though.

I haven't finished the game yet and this is my fourth restart. Working my way to that perfect run.

Are the mannequins an awesome weapon? I've seen some of them around and haven't tested yet. It would be an awesome nod to the first game where those things were a staple when you're first starting a game.

Never used mannequins before, never thought to try them.
But if you have smart glass you can use it to look up stores.

dk_

What happens if time runs out? I don't like the feeling of being under time constraints and I would rather take my time. So if time runs out, there's no way to complete the campaign and I have to replay it from the beginning?

It's a great game so far and I'd like to explore this one.

sangreal

What happens if time runs out? I don't like the feeling of being under time constraints and I would rather take my time. So if time runs out, there's no way to complete the campaign and I have to replay it from the beginning?

It's a great game so far and I'd like to explore this one.

You can restart from whatever chapter you were on when you ran out of time. They will give you more time when you do this, but safe houses will have to be unlocked again.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Never used mannequins before, never thought to try them.
But if you have smart glass you can use it to look up stores.

You can? I have Smartglass, but it's been sketchy as hell. Yesterday was the first time there were actually messages when I answered a call. Previously it was just blank. The map looks just like it does in game where there are buildings that I think I can enter, but no names.

HBP

I finally got to Overtime last night and
Hemlock
is kicking my ass. I thought the game ended after the
drone
stuff so I didn't much of anything with me. Going to give it another go tonight as it was pretty late when I made it there last night.

Bungie

Here's some gameplay of the exclusive Golden Sledgesaw that I uploaded plus a fun bonus clip at the end. :]
1546143_573928952700693_1638837365_n.jpg

http://sdrv.ms/1dkk6xI

Bungie

You're completely right.

Man, I want that thing. I've only got 2 achievements left in Dead Rising 3. I've definitely spent my time with the game that's for sure.

I'm sure it will be available to everyone sooner or later & same here! Will for sure be picking up the DLC on the 21st.

I can see myself getting the 100,000 zombles killed but completing all the PP challenges might be a step too far.

I'm not entirely convinced by the DLC just yet, I would like to get the season pass but its pricey at £23-4.

Will wait and see. Have had a great time with DR3 that's for sure. Just a shame there hasn't been much else for Xbone that has had any sort of appeal for me.

Alfredo

Heh, finally got all the achievements. Thank God AGDQ was this week, as it kept my mind occupied while I grinded out the 340,000 zombie kills. Snapping video on the Xbox is pretty cool for stuff like this...as long as either app doesn't crash!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the 7 or so chapters shown at the bottom of the screen as you progress - is that all of them? are chapters all roughly the same length? after a few hours of playing i'm already on chapter 3 or 4 and still in day 1, am i rushing the story along much too quickly, or conversely, do i have loads of time to slow down and explore as it appears?

the 7 or so chapters shown at the bottom of the screen as you progress - is that all of them? are chapters all roughly the same length? after a few hours of playing i'm already on chapter 3 or 4 and still in day 1, am i rushing the story along much too quickly, or conversely, do i have loads of time to slow down and explore as it appears?

You have a lot of time to explore and do the side missions along the way.

The main story doesnt take long at all to complete.

123rl

I rushed the single player and had 2 1/2 days left when I had finished. I'm now playing it again and taking my time. I'm up to chapter 5 and still have 2 days left

Phloxy

Anybody around who can drop a megabuster for me, went through nightmare and didnt realize you had to get the S ending to unlock, really don't want to marathon speedrun for it again. Pm me if you can help I'll be around all night.

Bungie

I just got prompted for a 13GB (yes, THIRTEEN) update.

What the hell?

Same. Insane! I mean it's a good thing we can get updates that big but the amount of time it takes to download (even with really good internet) is even crazier.

Loiselle

I just got prompted for a 13GB (yes, THIRTEEN) update.

What the hell?

Same. Insane! I mean it's a good thing we can get updates that big but the amount of time it takes to download (even with really good internet) is even crazier.

My friend and I played for a good 3 hours last night, and when we went to start playing just now, we too, were both prompted for the update. Could it be it's installing all the DLC but not giving you access to it at all unless you have the season pass? If that's the case, that's pretty damn stupid.

My friend and I played for a good 3 hours last night, and when we went to start playing just now, we too, were both prompted for the update. Could it be it's installing all the DLC but not giving you access to it at all unless you have the season pass? If that's the case, that's pretty damn stupid.

That is probably what it is, seems like companies like doing that type of things these days. Does Capcom release any release notes for their patches?

I already bought the Season Pass back in December before it got delayed, I hope it turns out OK. Don't let me down Cap Van! ;)

Info on the 13gb update from Xbox wire

Xbox Wire: If you had to single out some of the biggest elements of the title update, what would they be?

Josh Bridge: We know folks had some frustration when they couldn’t pick up the weapon or food item they wanted if there was a bunch of stuff grouped together. Since there’s always a ton of stuff around in "Dead Rising 3", we found some use cases and reached out to some fans and we improved that in this update, which is really cool. Beyond that, we’ve got some more telemetry and found there were some issues with blueprints and PP-related achievements and trials. They weren’t unlocking properly depending on the order in which they were played, whether it was online or offline, so we addressed those. We also looked at various performance improvements. In this type of big open-world game with tons of zombies and the ability to do whatever you want to do, like stacking a bunch of things and blowing them up, we knew we had to improve on those high points and tighten the gameplay experience. Finally, there were some stability issues that we dealt with to make everything that much smoother.

Xbox Wire: We’ve heard there’s some new impulse trigger support being added to "Dead Rising 3." How will that stuff be implemented?

Josh Bridge: Yeah, we started playing around with the impulse triggers when we were working on this update and were able to get support for them in there as well. We use them as an indicator that, say, your gun is about to run out of ammo. So, as you start to near the end of the clip, that right trigger will start buzzing to make you aware that it’s about to run out. We did that across weapons as well as vehicles. If for some reason you can’t tell from the smoke and flames coming out of your vehicle, you’ll also be given that haptic feedback in case you don’t have time to look at the HUD or whatever. You can really feel more connected to the experience so as not to pull you out of the immersion.

More at the link

derFeef

Performance improvements are cool.
But weren't the triggers already rumbling when the cars were going to explode?

That said, can't wait for the episodes, sounds interesting.

derFeef

So I downlaoded aprox. 3GB and I could launch the game. Now I have an install bar on the main menu but can't load because it's still installing. Is it downloading another 10gb in the game now? this is weird.

Top Bottom