• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

Redshirt

Banned
My installation is OK; in fact, I think I've noticed the FPS improvements.

If you're experiencing stuttering, I'd consider re-installing. The following voodoo seems to work: uninstall, shut down in energy-saving mode, re-install.

shandy706

Game is running smooth as butter for me...(post update here).

I've beat the main game and have moved on to trying to collect everything.

There are a few places with "red" locked doors that I can't seem to find a hidden way into.

Are there any special LOCKED doors that I can only access with "smart glass" or through side missions?

There's one house in the center of the bottom right "town" of the map that has a weapon plan in it and I can't figure out how to get into the darn thing.
It has a garage and is a couple stories. I've tried going on the roof and looking all around it, lol.

This is one of my favorite launch games I think I've ever played. Good stuff running around and laughing at the crazy weapons.

malfcn

From my experience locked doors are opened by characters from side missions. I don't remember if any were from smart glass, because there would be "distressed citizens" the phone would have you help.

From my experience locked doors are opened by characters from side missions. I don't remember if any were from smart glass, because there would be "distressed citizens" the phone would have you help.

There are several rooms in the game that are only opened after finishing quests on the SmartGlass app, along with the chests full of guns that are scattered around the map. Still, you're not really missing much by not doing them, as they mostly just contain a bunch of already-built combo weapons (which you could already get from safe room lockers after making them and, if you're going for achievements like "build every combo weapon," can screw you up on whether you've crafted them yourself or not) and the plot of the missions isn't that amazing. And any of the actual collectibles behind locked doors (blueprints, Frank statues, etc.) are unlocked by regular side missions.

pa22word

Read the GI spot on this game on the top 50...and man, it really breaks my heart at how un qualified most "game critics" are to discus video games. I mean it's one thing to say that removing the time limits resulted in a more enjoyable experience for yourself, and it's another to state that it objectively improved the game. Especially when on a design level, it kind of destroyed the game. DR3 is the designed by marketing bullshit I see in sonic games, whereance the focus on speed effectively ruined the series, yet it's praised here basically only because it made it easier to play, despite the ruination of the core design philosophies of the series in order to do so.

shandy706

I don't remember any SmartGlass missions unlocking doors, but there are at least several side missions that do.

There are several rooms in the game that are only opened after finishing quests on the SmartGlass app, along with the chests full of guns that are scattered around the map. Still, you're not really missing much by not doing them, as they mostly just contain a bunch of already-built combo weapons (which you could already get from safe room lockers after making them and, if you're going for achievements like "build every combo weapon," can screw you up on whether you've crafted them yourself or not) and the plot of the missions isn't that amazing. And any of the actual collectibles behind locked doors (blueprints, Frank statues, etc.) are unlocked by regular side missions.

Thanks guys. Seems you're right. Playing through again and doing all the side missions. That has already scored me some statues and plans I couldn't get to.

If you're experiencing the stutters uninstall and redownload. Game feels smooth as butter now. Even better than before.

Yeah, game runs great for me. I'd say something is messed up if it's not for anyone.

Just finished the DLC.

Definitely don't bother with it.

It's just offers nothing worth playing whatsoever. Waste of £7/8 I spent on it.

Seriously, it's more DR3 but precisely what you could have got in the single player.

malfcn

Playing it, but didn't keep track of time. In the middle of it the girl wanted to hang out on the couch so I stopped playing.
So far it is just running around, with more of the same. It may be because I am 50, but no challenge. Just A to B to X to Y to Z to C etc. Hopefully the next 3 add a little more, not exactly Psychos but something to spice it up.

malfcn

Also, I encountered a nearly game breaking glitch.
While I was driving a vehicle I ejected and the controller stopped working. (Maybe it wasn't the games fault.)

None of the buttons worked. Couldn't go home or do anything.
Luckily pulling the batteries paused the game, and resetting them fixed the problem.
I thought I heard someone else have the same problem too.

Why was this delayed a month?

The Untold Stories feel..Untold.

(and 360 points total? 4 x 90. That is some low gamerscore.)

Goretrail

So I was just in the last hour of the in game time and fighting a psycho, when the game crashed to the dashboard. My save is fuckking gone... I was wanting to go through nightmare mode, but now I think I am done. Sucks, I really liked this game.

So I was just in the last hour of the in game time and fighting a psycho, when the game crashed to the dashboard. My save is fuckking gone... I was wanting to go through nightmare mode, but now I think I am done. Sucks, I really liked this game.

Come back to it at some point.

If you only go for story missions on nightmare, it doesn't take too long at all.

That's bloody annoying to say the least.

Redshirt

Banned
I doubt your save is gone, just corrupted, which DR3 had been known to do, but I didn't know it was still happening after the first patch.

May not be an option for you, but the easiest way to fix this is to sign in on another Xbox One and access your save. When you sign back into yours, it'll sync up with the new copy.

Played through both of my playthroughs of the demo last night and I think it has hooked me. Could be perhaps because of the recent Walking Dead marathon I ran but this game is fantastic (according to the demo). I played the first 2 but didn't enjoy them that much, 1 was decent but hard and 2 the performance was horrible on the PS3.

Wise to buy now for $50 on amazon, or are there better deals out there?

Redshirt

Banned
I've seen DR3 physical for as low as $39.99. I think it's worth $50, but you probably won't have to wait long for it to be $30-$40 again.

Mega Man

So I'm working for the new years hat tonight. Has anyone earned this this highly sought after prize?

Right now I'm wearing a blanca mask with a suit of armor...

zorbsie

I've got the new years hat. If you've already finished the game just use the biggest bomb, can't remember the name on chapter 8. One should be enough to get you 1000 kills.

Mega Man

I've got the new years hat. If you've already finished the game just use the biggest bomb, can't remember the name on chapter 8. One should be enough to get you 1000 kills.
I haven't finished it yet. The bomb you speak of sounds Ah-Maze-ing though

Got my copy last night and I could not put it down. I completely flew over the part about the online drop in; some dude just showed up in my game (Chapter 0), we cleaned out a safe house, got these explosive scythes and cleaned the fuck out of some zombies. After about an hour or so I gained 10 levels.

Gotta say, some of the most fun I've ever had and that online portion is amazing. Is there a level restriction for jumping into people's games?

Grisby

Messing around in the game...strategically placed flares are great.

http://youtu.be/6mk37yYKwww

http://youtu.be/7DOKzG71qgo
Love the big bomb. I just played through DR1 again last weekend and the game feels so stale now without combo weapons.

Small chainsaw is still boss though.
Got my copy last night and I could not put it down. I completely flew over the part about the online drop in; some dude just showed up in my game (Chapter 0), we cleaned out a safe house, got these explosive scythes and cleaned the fuck out of some zombies. After about an hour or so I gained 10 levels.

Gotta say, some of the most fun I've ever had and that online portion is amazing. Is there a level restriction for jumping into people's games?
Don't think there is. Pretty sure I was jumping into new players games at lvl 50 or whatever. They would just watch as I was ripping the guts out of zombies.

So, I'm at the part where
I just finished up the robot arm boss fight
and finished up the sidequests that were offered to me. My next move is to head to the
karaoke bar
. Is this a good time to start hunting for blueprints/statues that I missed? I think I have just over 2 days left of time.

Grisby

So, I'm at the part where
I just finished up the robot arm boss fight
and finished up the sidequests that were offered to me. My next move is to head to the
karaoke bar
. Is this a good time to start hunting for blueprints/statues that I missed? I think I have just over 2 days left of time.
Yeah, you can. You can also do it through chapter select after you beat the game. All of that stuff carries over throughout playthroughs (except for survivors, safe houses).

malfcn

When they raid the communications tower why did they specifically take Annie? They seemed to leave everyone else alone, and didn't notice Nick was 12 then.
Replaying on Nightmare mode.

I guess they took
everyone else, and Nick and Red escaped somehow.

Damn,
they were going to off Kane?

EBE

When they raid the communications tower why did they specifically take Annie? They seemed to leave everyone else alone, and didn't notice Nick was 12 then.
Replaying on Nightmare mode.

I guess they took
everyone else, and Nick and Red escaped somehow.

Damn,
they were going to off Kane?

Well,
they took Annie specifically because she and Red were the leaders of that 'illegal' outfit. By that point in the game i think youd already gotten the video footage of those spec ops dudes killing innocent civilians off that police chick. They didnt want that getting out obviously. I dont think Red was there at the time. He shows up immediately after. As for why they didnt take Nick - who knows. He wasnt on their hit list, maybe they thought the zombies would get him anyway.

And yeah,
the bit with Kane is especially cool once youve done the DLC. I hadnt even realized his character model was unique my first time through, when you kill him in the car lot.

malfcn

Yah, I wish they would have shown more of Kane a little before the DLC. I recognized him after. But at that point was I was high in level with weapons he was dead in 2 seconds.

malfcn

I think they changed the cooldown for Super Combos. Before I could spawn 2 Ultimate Shouts and go crazy. Now just 2..or it may be because it's Nightmare right now.

zorbsie

I think they changed the cooldown for Super Combos. Before I could spawn 2 Ultimate Shouts and go crazy. Now just 2..or it may be because it's Nightmare right now.

Nightmare mode has fewer spawns for items. You only need one ultimate shout though. Love that weapon.

hwalker84

Is there a weapons blueprint list location on the internet? I'm missing a few and they don't seem to be in any of the chapters. I'm thinking i missed them in a sidequest or something.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as a father of a 3 year old i wish i hadnt bought this. i never seem to have time or the opportunity to play this - i cant play it in front of her. have a great time when i do find the time alone though. just molly whupped the astronaut marine guy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
as a father of a 3 year old i wish i hadnt bought this. i never seem to have time or the opportunity to play this - i cant play it in front of her. have a great time when i do find the time alone though. just molly whupped the astronaut marine guy.

I feel the same guilt my friend. I have three kids and I just seem to never have a pocket of time where they are asleep and I want to play the game. Both of those have to be in balance for me.

malfcn

Looks like Survival Training may reset when you load up chapters? Did a bunch last night, and today they were wiped away. Not that they are that hard, but kind of stinks.

Redshirt

Banned
I think it was like that prior to the DLC. If you started a new game, for instance, they'd reset, but only cosmetically on the map. Any golds earned still count toward the achievement.

malfcn

I think it was like that prior to the DLC. If you started a new game, for instance, they'd reset, but only cosmetically on the map. Any golds earned still count toward the achievement.

Welp. I guess I will have to remember which ones I've done then!
They aren't so bad, or at least the ones I did. Having to grind another couple hundred thousand kills is a chore though.

Top Bottom