• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Deadly' spiders found in supermarket bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Didn't something like this happen at whole foods here in the US before? I've always been against bananas so this means nothing to me.

this happened in my hometown 20 years ago-at a flower shop, the cacti they were selling all were loaded with tarantula hatchlings. literally 9 dozen miniature cactus were doused in gasoline and set ablaze

Sorry, UK, but:

NukeOrbit.jpg

Kater

Banned
Ewww.
Were the spider eggs in the banana or just on the surface of the peel?
The horror if I would ever find out that I ate living spider babies... brrr.

I had my own run in with a deadly spider yesterday,

My washing machine was acting weird (taking forever to fill for the wash) so I checked it and it was dumping water from the back straight onto my floor (hose had busted) and to make sure I wasn't just pumping gallons of water into the basement I went out to check our gauge.

Lifted the lid and looked down, didn't see any movement from it, but did catch something out of the corner of my eye, looked at the lid... and a black widow the size of the palm of my hand was in the lid. I kind of went into a white noise place because the next thing I really remember I was heading back to the house. Apparently I had gotten the lid closed.

Gah! I never want to see a black widow that big again.

Chosen3

I've heard bananas are a little bit radioactive. Though in this case I don't know if that's a bad or good thing.

Gazoinks

And then I never ate a banana again. I knew they were out to get me from the time I almost choked on one when I was three.

WarMacheen

There isn't enough nope's on the planet for this shit.

But there is enough gasoline to burn down the area in a two mile radius

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Never eating bananas again.

And damn you guys, you turned me into an aracnophobe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom