• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Test Footage Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
43.gif
379.gif

Neoxon

Guardians of the Galaxy is a risk but it's no where near the risk an R rated Deadpool movie is. Guardians of the Galaxy appeals to a lot more audiences, Deadpool doesn't. Fox can also very easily insert Deadpool into that X-Force movie theyre planning. Plus as I also mentioned, the only way Deadpool goes back to marvel at all is if they sell the X-Men rights completely which isn't happening any time soon.
Likewise, as I've said numerous times, he could easily be the show-stealer of the Thunderbolts.

Realistically, I sincerely hope Deadpool is in the X-Force movie, but I don't think Fox will put him in.

Dominator

This looked very cool. I'm not a massive fan of the character but I see the appeal and I hope it gets made for fans of him.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a risk but it's no where near the risk an R rated Deadpool movie is. Guardians of the Galaxy appeals to a lot more audiences, Deadpool doesn't. Fox can also very easily insert Deadpool into that X-Force movie theyre planning. Plus as I also mentioned, the only way Deadpool goes back to marvel at all is if they sell the X-Men rights completely which isn't happening any time soon.
Though I agree this has a better chance happening at Fox, there's nothing that keeps a deal for Deadpool separate from X-Men off the table. The only stipulation would probably be that Marvel still wouldn't be able to call him a mutant. I'm not saying they would ever do this, but they could if all parties were down for it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Though I agree this has a better chance happening at Fox, there's nothing that keeps a deal for Deadpool separate from X-Men off the table. The only stipulation would probably be that Marvel still wouldn't be able to call him a mutant. I'm not saying they would ever do this, but they could if all parties were down for it.

deadpool isnt a mutant, but hes tied to them

Mariolee

ALL MY YES

Fake edit: CRAP IT'S TAKEN DOWN.

FAKE EDIT 2: OH SNAP I SAW THE SECOND ONE UP!

FAKE EDIT 3: I CAN JUST IMAGINE RYAN REYNOLDS DOING ALL OF THAT. C'MON FOX LET'S GO!

Footage was actually pretty damn good. A lot better than I expected a Deadpool anything to be. He's very hard to get right and very, very easy to get very, very wrong. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the movie is something like this when/if they ever get it off the ground.

Two things, really. One, Marvel would never call Deadpool a mutant in the first place because he's not a mutant. He's as close to a mutant as Captain America.

Secondly, while there's nothing technically stopping Fox from doing a Deadpool deal with Marvel, there's also nothing stopping Fox from handing over Galactus, Wolverine, or any number of other things they have movie rights for. It's just not going to happen.

Likewise, as I've said numerous times, he could easily be the show-stealer of the Thunderbolts.

Realistically, I sincerely hope Deadpool is in the X-Force movie, but I don't think Fox will put him in.

Tbh this will most likely happen if they ever get around to making a X-force movie.

Neoxon

Footage was actually pretty damn good. A lot better than I expected a Deadpool anything to be. He's very hard to get right and very, very easy to get very, very wrong. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the movie is something like this when/if they ever get it off the ground.

Two things, really. One, Marvel would never call Deadpool a mutant in the first place because he's not a mutant. He's as close to a mutant as Captain America.

Secondly, while there's nothing technically stopping Fox from doing a Deadpool deal with Marvel, there's also nothing stopping Fox from handing over Galactus, Wolverine, or any number of other things they have movie rights for. It's just not going to happen.
Marvel did make an attempt to get Silver Surfer & Galactus exclusively from Fox, but Fox turned down the offer.

Marvel did make an attempt to get Silver Surfer & Galactus exclusively from Fox, but Fox turned down the offer.
Exactly why the "nothing stopping them" argument doesn't make any sense. Sure, nothing's stopping them. They just don't want to do it. And they're not going to.

LycanXIII

This is probably the best thing to happen for the movie. Let Fox judge people's reactions to the leak and maybe pick the project back up.

TuXx

I think Fox knows how valuable a property Deadpool is, so I don't they'll be willing to give up the rights so easily. The only reason Fox hasn't really done anything with the character is because how dark the humor has to be for it to work.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Are there any backup links? The first has been pulled.

Edit: Nevermind, I should of known GAF had me covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom