• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

I think I understood which feelings Kojima wanted to pass on with this trailer. Full of Konami and his past creation references.

1 - The footprints are set on the ground and then erased. Like all the efforts Kojima offered to Konami.

2 - Reedus is naked, representing the shame Kojima was exposed to in his last days working for Konami.

3 - The broken shackles are the bound between him and the company being destroyed.

4 - The baby represents his suddenly lost creation (Metal Gear), and Reedus cries of pain and sorrow depicting Kojima's suffering.

5 - The hand marks on the body and the ink in Reedus depicts the weight of having a great successful game series on his name.

6 - The swamps shows that will be a dire path to establish another blockbuster.

7 - The crabs are other developers that never made such greatness as his.

Somewhat I felt soul connected to Kojima. It was strange.

WxVke.gif

NYR

I think I understood which feelings Kojima wanted to pass on with this trailer. Full of Konami and his past creation references.

1 - The footprints are set on the ground and then erased. Like all the efforts Kojima offered to Konami.

2 - Reedus is naked, representing the shame Kojima was exposed to in his last days working for Konami.

3 - The broken shackles are the bound between him and the company being destroyed.

4 - The baby represents his suddenly lost creation (Metal Gear), and Reedus cries of pain and sorrow depicting Kojima's suffering.

5 - The hand marks on the body and the ink in Reedus depicts the weight of having a great successful game series on his name.

chloe-moretz-confused-gif.gif

That was weird and all kinds oddly emotional with zero ideas of what the game is going to be like. Pure Kojima.

Kojima unchanged.....it's going to be crazy and amazing.

- Game name is related to the stranding of something that is dead, like a whale on a beach, something from some other world comes to a new place

Love the sound of this if he gets creative with the world "Reedus" is on. Discovering a weird world by Kojima would be amazing.

Even just from a teaser he's manipulated and got you thinking. He's so good at this.

What did I just watch?
Is this a horror game? The title and aesthetic make it seem so but the op says its action.

I should have expected to come away from a Kojima trailer somehow feeling even more ignorant than before I watched it haha

Arkeband

Banned
My thoughts:

His explanation for "death stranding" is that it's different from a "live stranding", aka something stranded by still alive, this is something that was brought from somewhere else and is definitively stuck there and also dead.

I believe that this is a reference to Metal Gear Solid, which, no longer being helmed by Kojima, is essentially stranded and also dead.

This is alluded to with FIVE floating bodies at the end, representing MGS 1-5. They appear to Kojeedus then disappear.

The umbilical cord/disappearing baby represents that IP being his baby, the handprints being all over Kojeedus is because he carries the experience with him.

The handcuff attached to his hand is because he's finally free of being a prisoner of Konami.

Whales because Moby Dick and all of the whale allusions in MGS5.

Crabs because crab battle.

Gaz_RB

holy shit lmao

Basketball

FUCKIN STONER

Jedi2016

This is kinda Kojima in a nutshell, isn't it? Nobody has any clue what in the fuck we just watched, but we're all champing at the bit to play it as soon as possible.

Cwarrior

Something about reeedus giving birth to a baby through cesarean birth(scar in his stomach).

then he crys cause his so happy

his baby then goes missing, so he goes off in search for him or her.

No clue what I just watched but it was dumb.

Those beings floating in the air looked like crosses and gave some very EoE vibe with the sea and death.

Really looking forward to this.

Bishop89

qWZl1fu.gif

Trace

Banned
Something about reeedus giving birth to a baby through cesarean birth(scar in his stomach).

then he crys cause his so happy

his baby then goes missing, so he goes off in search for him or her.

what a dumb trailer.

You seem to be interpreting that trailer literally.

Don't do that.

2611157-0188087885-ibkO7.gif

Patapwn

I think kojima listens too music and tries to make a trailer to go with the music and then tries to make a game to go with the trailer

Toparaman

Banned

Beautiful.

What the fuck am I reading.

vpance

Great trailer breakdown Rob.

No man can know the true depths of Kojima's plight, and his struggle to be reborn. So tortured, so brilliant.

Kojima should really stop with his obsession with Hollywood and actors. It looks interesting for sure, but I don't want a silent character because it's expensive to have a proper voice over.

lSPw7D4.gif

Slaythe

Well depending on how things go if we still have a PS4 as a current gen system in something like 2020 then maybe. I fully expect this will get half developed and then pushed to a new console and be in development hell for years. MGS4 was announced in 2005 for example and didn't come out till 2008 and that was a game that had more direction and an engine when it was announced and came from a Studio that actually had Staff. Kojima Productions had a grand total of 4 staff members in December and a quick look at their website shows that the basically need EVERY major staff roll filled still.

With ps4.5, be sure this isn't going anywhere.

Ps5 will be backwards compatible too since it's using PC architecture. And they'll have a 720p version playable on ps4.

Look at the letters that have stuff dripping from them, its a hidden message.

"EAT STANDING"

Or maybe only letters it starts from

"EAT STING"

Top Bottom