• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes January 12th

Chris1

If tomb raider does not chart, there is no way in hell it sold over a million, not even with digital sales, I'll need MS to come out and say what Tomb Raider numbers are. I think we fell for their tricky PR again.

So you're gonna believe them more if they came out and said TR sold through 1,000,001 (made up number) but when they say "over 1 million", nah they're bullshitting?

You don't lie about shit like that especially to shareholders etc, but I do wonder where the rest of the sales came from.

At least we'll know what counts as a "Massive December" in his eyes.

Whilst Xbox One sales are obviously heavily slanted towards NA he didn't specify one region with that comment. Add in digital, their other markets, 360 (which is probably doing ok for them in some markets still) I don't think its that suspicious or questionable.

We'll also never get that December number either

That had a physical release?

I'd definitely go with that. But is that a "huge" surprise?

It did and a really weird one at that. It doesn't include all the episodes. You have to connect online and download the rest, you get an incomplete game on disc.

Lots of confused people because of it as well. Not a fan of that release style myself.

Fat4all

Banned
Here it comes, baby.

tumblr_ne1l7mIGU81saqz1ro1_400.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Take tomb raider sales, add digital, then add bam, then bop, then diggity bap BLAAAOAUGH and it sold wonderfully.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Why does everybody forget about Canada?

Good point, Canada might be variable that was missing. What's the usual ratio between US and Canada for software?

Aren't you forgetting the 360 sales?

I don't remember if the Greenberg tweet only talked about the XB1 versior or if it was both.

But well, the 360 sales for November NPD were abysmal and the game never charted well in the PAL charts (the highest spot was 23 at the launch week). I personally think that adding like 30K-50K would the maximum.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't know why gears won't be affected by the same things that led to a decline for halo. The gaming populace has largely moved on to experiences like undertale and call of duty: modern fuckyou III.

So you're gonna believe them more if they came out and said TR sold through 1,000,001 (made up number) but when they say "over 1 million", nah they're bullshitting?

You don't lie about shit like that especially to shareholders etc, but I do wonder where the rest of the sales came from.

They didn't necessarily say that tho. To be honest I think they are adding Halo Gears, and Tomb Raider together to say that they are selling way over a million. if it doesn't chart there is no way. The US would be its biggest sales, so going world wide i dont think it hit a million.

Top Bottom