• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes January 12th

No one's got it yet.

Hint: It's one of two titles of the same franchise in the top 10 this year.

So much excitement to see Tomb Raider bomb in here. : is it a bad game?

You're misreading the reaction. And the game is one of the best of the generation, if not one of the best action games ever made (yeah, I said it).

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
allan-bh, I found my TR estimates:

I'm just not sure about the TR numbers outside of US and UK. Let's say the game did the 550K (Nov+Dec) you estimates (i agree with the UK range). Adding something like 25% digital we get more 140K sales. To get to 1 million the game need additional 310K sales across the rest of Europe + Asia + Japan (physical + digital).

As i posted in the NPD prediction thread yesterday, the game performance on Germany doesn't look very good and the XB1 install base outside of US/UK is not expressive. Isn't Germany supposed to be the 2nd stronger market of EU? Here's the weekly chart position of ROTR in Germany:

Week 1 - 09
Week 2 - 16
Week 3 - 28
Week 4 (07/12) - 46
Week 5 - 53
Week 6 - 62
Week 7 - 86

If UK got ~150K sales i can see the Germany number at most at 50K. There's still a lot of games that must have been sold on XB1 weaker markets. That's why i think the US number is so important. With the great wom, and the reduced price i can see the can selling very, very well in the US in december.

I personally can't see the game reaching 1 million if the US number isn't at least 55/60% of the total.

A poster corrected me about France being the strongest XB1 market outside of US and UK. But i think the point still stands.

allan-bh

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. First, because I don't think the X1 has as much of a grip as you and two, I don't know what to expect from a market leader here. I see improvement over its predecessor and keeping ahead of its nearest rival. All year.

So yeah.

Not a big deal at all.

For have an idea, PS4 is outselling PS2 WW, but in USA is more than 3 millon behind (using ~1.7m for december).

Lucreto

If TR is under 200k i'm gonna have to call bs on greenberg's claim that the one million figure was sold through.

Sold through... To retailers.

A million sales is good when it happens during the year but only getting a million during the busiest time of year to me is kind of poor.

sphinx1-21.jpg

If tomb raider does not chart, there is no way in hell it sold over a million, not even with digital sales, I'll need MS to come out and say what Tomb Raider numbers are. I think we fell for their tricky PR again.

If tomb raider does not chart, there is no way in hell it sold over a million, not even with digital sales, I'll need MS to come out and say what Tomb Raider numbers are. I think we fell for their tricky PR again.

Hmm... I don't know. It depends on what the sales requirement for entering top 10 is.

klaushm

No one's got it yet.

You're misreading the reaction. And the game is one of the best of the generation, if not one of the best action games ever made (yeah, I said it).

So... Uncharted?

Welfare

Xbox One is sold in other countries, and it's on the 360.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Not a big deal at all.

For have an idea, PS4 is outselling PS2 WW, but in USA is more than 3 millon behind (using ~1.7m for december).

Like I said, agree to disagree. You see the glass different than I. I see no consequence of being behind the PS2. None. At. All.

Top Bottom