• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
lmao Jericho owned Seth Rollins on Twitter:

kSrf8.png

Hows that Sheldon match on paper? Close one?

Nah, Shelton's brought in only very occasionally in New Japan, while Tanaka's making his 1st defence of the newly created NEVER championship. Unless Shelton's making a bigger commitment to New Japan, I doubt they'd put the title on him.

Would a Tenryu vs Ric Flair match in 2013 be awesome or not?

Probably not, although there's surely a good chop battle in there somewhere. Might as well just watch the 2/3 falls NWA title match from '84.

Ric Flair (c) vs Genichiro Tenryu - 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 09/12/84)

strobogo

Banned
Probably not, although there's surely a good chop battle in there somewhere. Might as well just watch the 2/3 falls NWA title match from '84.

Is he really any more broken down than Flair? Is he to Hogan levels of "if I move any faster my nervous system will explode"? Terry Funk levels of hobbling in slow motion?

Is he really any more broken down than Flair? Is he to Hogan levels of "if I move any faster my nervous system will explode"? Terry Funk levels of hobbling in slow motion?

Well he's broke, but not quite broken down. I'd say he and Hulk are two halves of "pathetically old decrepit monkey skeletons" though.

somedevil

Wildcat can't even lose the title at a respectable PPV like RR? Fuck outta here Vincent

He had no chance on being the pay per view anyway. The rumble is like an hour and the Rock vs Punk is going 25 minutes. So basically we are getting like a 4 match card. The two title matches, the rumble and one more match.

Kofi title is just above the diva title in importance sadly. Thankfully this rumble will have a deeper roster compared to last year.

somedevil

Main Event spoilers:

Antonio Cesaro spoke with Michael Cole and Miz.

Matt Striker tried to interview with the Great Khali, but they was interrupted by Hornswoggle and Natalya.

1. Antonio Cesaro defeated The Great Khali to retain the United States Title.

Matt Striker interviewed Antonio Cesaro in the ring after the match. Cesaro spoke about how the USA is terrible.

2. Wade Barrett lost a non-title gauntlet match. Barrett defeated Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, and Justin Gabriel, but lost to Kofi Kingston.

A video package sets up a rematch for the Intercontinental Title on Smackdown this Friday.

somedevil

Holy Shit if this did happen in the Cesaro match with Khali:

Live reports on Twitter suggest that Cesaro DID hit the Neutraliser on Khali.

TangMeng

He had no chance on being the pay per view anyway. The rumble is like an hour and the Rock vs Punk is going 25 minutes. So basically we are getting like a 4 match card. The two title matches, the rumble and one more match.

Kofi title is just above the diva title in importance sadly. Thankfully this rumble will have a deeper roster compared to last year.

Any chance the Wildcat wins the rumble then? In your opinion of course

KissVibes

Banned
Holy Shit if this did happen in the Cesaro match with Khali:

Live reports on Twitter suggest that Cesaro DID hit the Neutraliser on Khali.

ADDING PRESTIGE BACK TO THE TITLE!

lol, no.

He'll do another WACKY SPOT and get fucking rolled by a returning Shelton Benjamin or Road Dogg right after. The Wildcat is forever midcard.

somedevil

In my opinion I would be shocked if anyone other than Cena wins it. Also, I like Kofi but his character has become stale.

They need to do something with his character, but since the Orton incident he was been kept in a holding pattern in the mid card.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Really? I can still find some matches if I want to. Even some recent stuff.

It's not as bad as the first youtube purge in like 07, there was NOTHING then.
As someone who frequents youtube for WWE matches pretty often, yes, it's terrible. There is very little left, and they've gone after everything, including random tribute videos that usually only help them out. For instance, I used to be able to find the whole SD on youtube before the show aired on Friday morning, but not anymore.

I think Cesaro has a decent chance of winning the Rumble. He's been mixing it up with main eventers lately. If Cena wins I'm done. I like when new guys win.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We hav GWF Active tonight AND Touts from Laserfrog! What could be next?!

Inspired by strobogo's great WCW 2000 reviews, I popped in my WrestleMania 2000 DVD. It's not as good as his, but here's a recap with tons of pics...

WrestleMania 2000 (16) - April 2, 2000 - Anaheim, California - 18,034 in attendance

PRE-SHOW: Lilian Garcia sings "The Star-Spangled Banner". She was very over-dramatic about it.
BpYPB.png

MATCH 1: The Godfather and D'Lo Brown vs. The Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan
- Ice-T accompanies The Godfather and D'Lo (w/ Hos) to the ring and sings "Pimpin' Aint Easy". He was not over-dramatic about it.
jxMf8.jpg

- D'Lo did an impressive hurricanrana on Bull from the top rope.
- Finish: Bull Buchanan does a top-rope leg drop on D'Lo.

BACKSTAGE: A young, hot Stephanie McMahon and Triple H hold their titles and say, "Nothing can get better than this." Cut to 20 years later when they run the company into the ground.
A2glJ.png

MATCH 2: 15-minute Hardcore Championship Match: Tazz vs. Viscera vs. Sho Funaki vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Rodney vs. Joey Abs vs. Pete Gas vs. Thrasher vs. Mosh vs. Faarooq vs. Bradshaw vs. Hardcore Holly
- They should bring back the Hardcore Title. Fighting in the back was fun.
Tgiee.png

- Crazy match, with I think everyone being the champ at one point.
- Finish: Botched ending. Crash Holly never kicked out, and the ref didn't count the 3. Hardcore acted like he got the win, and they announced him the winner.

VT: WrestleMania Axxess: Fans got autographs from superstars like Stone Cold and HBK, neither of whom was at WrestleMania 2000. Fans could even announce a match with a young, skinny Michael Cole.
dh1rf.png

BACKSTAGE: Al Snow talks with Steve Blackman in the bathroom. Fitting.

BACKSTAGE: Intense close-up of Trish Stratus' breasts.
1ael8.png

MATCH 3: T & A vs. Al Snow & Steve Blackman
FuK4k.png

- JR's mic goes out, and King is forced to do play-by-play. He's ridiculously bad at it.
- Teddy Long is the ref. Unlike Cole, Teddy's actually much fatter here.
- Finish: Test hits an elbow drop from the top rope. Pre-match, Al Snow had brought out some guy in a cheddar cheese costume, and post-match, he and Blackman beat him up.
aajAb.png

BACKSTAGE: Mae Young helps The Kat get ready.
Zqfip.png

BACKSTAGE: Skinny Cole interviews The Dudleys.

MATCH 4: Tag Team Championship Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
- In his entrance, Jeff Hardy walks under three ladders, ensuring 21 years of bad luck to come.
- Bubba Ray Dudley takes a DDT in a comical way.
- Jeff Hardy does a 450 splash to a ladder.
- Tons of amazing spots - Christian with a cross body off the top of a ladder to the outside, Edge spearing Jeff Hardy off the ladder, Bubba giving Christian a 3D off the ladder, double suplex onto Devon from the top of the ladder, Jeff Hardy jumping off the railing into a ladder.
- Devon jumps off the top rope through a table.
- Bubba powerbombs Matt Hardy off the Spanish announce table through a table.
UY0LX.png

- Jeff Hardy does a Swanton bomb off a really, really tall ladder onto Bubba.
IQItG.png

- Finish: Matt Hardy is pushed by Edge and Christian off the table on top of ladders through another table.
KQh3O.jpg

BACKSTAGE: Kevin Kelly interviews Foley. Foley says, "In what could be the final match of my career, fairy tales will come true for me. Bang, bang!"

MATCH 5: Terri vs. The Kat
- Moolah is in Terri's corner. Mae Young is in The Kat's.
- For some reason, Val Venis is the special guest ref. He cuts a pre-match promo: "Ya know something, ladies. The Big Valbowski and WrestleMania have a lot in common. We're both the single largest extravaganza of all time. We'll both get your blood pumping. The only difference is, while WrestleMania only comes once a year, The Big Valbowski comes every single night."
- Finish: I don't know who won - Terri I think. Mae Young gave Moolah a bronco-buster, and The Kat stripped Terri.
gA7wq.png

Backstage: Radicalz chat. Then Chyna and Too Cool chat.

MATCH 6: Radicalz vs. Chyna and Too Cool
- Finish: Chyna powerbombs Eddie, grabs him below the belt, then overhead press slams him. Pretty impressive.
aidJp.png

VT: Some fans win front row tickets to WrestleMania via private jet.

BACKSTAGE: Big Show chats with Shane.

BACKSTAGE: Kurt Angle chats with a security guard about defending both is IC and European Titles.

MATCH 7: Intercontinental & European Championship Match: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
- Jericho cuts a pre-match promo that said absolutely nothing. "Welcome to WrestleMania is Jericho" was cool to hear, though.
- Finish 1: Benoit wins IC Title by head butting Jericho from the top rope.
- Jericho with a signature double-powerbomb to Angle.
edmw2.png

- Finish 2: Jericho wins European Title via Lionsault. Angle lost both his Titles without being pinned.

BACKSTAGE: Skinny Cole interviews Vince. Then Triple H chats with Steph.

MATCH 8: Rikishi & Kane (w/ Paul Bearer) vs. heels X-Pac & Road Dogg (w/ Tori)
- Rikishi gave a stink-face to Tori.
- Actual match lasts just 4 minutes.
- Finish: Kane tombstones X-Pac. Post-match, Too Cool and Rikishi and a guy in a chicken suit dance. Pete Rose comes out with a baseball bat to hit Kane, but Kane chokeslams him instead. Then, for some reason, Paul Bearer does the crotch chop. Then Rikishi gives Pete Rose stink-face.
bPWC9.png

oKkdO.png

VEEWI.png

BACKSTAGE: Kevin Kelly interviews The Rock. Nothing special.

IN ARENA: Celebrities such as Michael Clarke Duncan, Martin Short, and Screech are here.

MATCH 9: WWE Championship Match: Triple H vs. Mick Foley vs. Big Show vs. The Rock
- The big story is that there's a McMahon in every corner.
- Rock eliminates Show with a Rock Bottom.
- Foley jumps off the top rope onto The Rock on the Spanish announce table, but he comes up short. The table doesn't break.
- Triple H eliminates Foley with a pedigree on the steel chair. (Does Linda ever win anything?) Foley exits, then walks back and hits Triple H with a barb-wire 2x4.
- Rock suplexes Triple H through JR and King's announce table.
- Shane comes back out and hits Vince with a TV monitor. Steph is shocked.
Jt4fP.png

- Vince battles back, but Shane hits him with an unprotected chair shot to the head. Vince blades.
- Finish: Vince comes back and hits… The Rock with a steel chair. SWERVE. Rock kicks out the first time, but not after the second chair shot. Rock later Rock Bottoms Shane, Vince, and Steph. In a ring surrounded by trash thrown by the fans, Rock gives Steph the People's Elbow to close the show.
mrQ14.png

Thanks for reading. Hope somebody enjoyed it!

KissVibes

Banned
PEPSICITY, I'M GOING TO MESS YOU UP. I WILL APPLY MY SHARK BITE AND YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE. I'LL STRIP THE FLESH FROM YOUR BODY AND EAT YOUR BONES WHOLE.

THE RING IS MY SHARK TANK AND YOU'RE MY PREY!

KissVibes

Banned
Come now, can't we all be
chums
here?

I'm not here to make friends. I'm only here to be GWF Champion and collect the Champions paycheck that comes with it. With the undying support from my fans, known as the Shark Pack, I WILL become champion and my first step to achieving that goal is taking Pepsicity to the depths of pain.

lol I remember everyone being fucking PISSED when Triple H won the main event at WM2000. One of the rare moments the crowd went nWo and pelted the ring with garbage.

Top Bottom