• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Gotta love this:

A lineage dating back to 2002 is one of the 'most vital"? C'mon man!
They no longer go back to 2002. The WHC now has the full lineage of the Big Gold Belt dating back however many years, even though that was already unified into the WWE title. Yeah, I know it's silly, but whatever.

Rapstah

The World Heavyweight Championship was brought to Raw by former General Manager Eric Bischoff after WWE Champion Brock Lesnar became exclusive to SmackDown. Bischoff awarded the championship to Triple H, but The Game had to defend it against his best friend, Ric Flair.

Triple H's best friend is Ric Flair?

They no longer go back to 2002. The WHC now has the full lineage of the Big Gold Belt dating back however many years, even though that was already unified into the WWE title. Yeah, I know it's silly, but whatever.
They should probably create a fake lineage for the belt to go back to the sixties then. The first five or ten years of the WWE belt lineage are mostly bullshit too so it's not like there's no precedence.

strobogo

Banned

The website only goes back to 2002 for the title. It also hasn't been updated to show Orton winning it last night.

jmdajr

Triple H's best friend is Ric Flair?

15-1.gif

Rapstah

Oh wow, WWE.com has a title history for the WCW title too, pointing out how it (accurately) actually only appeared in 1991. It gets so weird trying to figure out lineages for belts that are split twice as much as they are re-united.

Every time I watch an AR Fox match I wonder if this will be the one where he cripples himself and I seriously wish he'd stop doing that springboard implosion 450 to the floor.

Also, Zack Sabre Jr. has no time for Fox's convoluted flippy shit;

ibbHFDwvcYQxFA.gif

Every time I watch an AR Fox match I wonder if this will be the one where he cripples himself and I seriously wish he'd stop doing that springboard implosion 450 to the floor.

Also, Zack Sabre Jr. has no time for Fox's convoluted flippy shit;

ibbHFDwvcYQxFA.gif

AR Fox...

I don't mind the flippy stuff but he goes way to far.

jmdajr

You know what's messed up? Boxing. They have so many different belts it's ridiculous. Different belts for the same weight class.... I don't get it.

Looks like I was wrong on the COD replay, sorry Boots:

Update on the replay of # CZW # COD15 from RF Video :
To update you on the replay of CZW Cage of Death XV we are working vigorously to get it up online. The file for the first half of the show was corrupt after exporting it and we spent all day yesterday trying to recover it. We were able to get the video portion but not the audio. Today we are working on recapturing the audio from the tapes so we can have a full working video/audio file for you to enjoy. Everyone who purchased will have
their access extended. We apologize for the inconvenience, but do know we are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved immediately. Thank you for your support.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, boxing is ridiculous with how many divisions and sanctioned belts and bullshit. It's like the territory days where every one had their own titles that splintered from the NWA titles

Seriously, I mean look at this shit;

ibuRXdABbXMyZY.gif

What the fuck is he doing?

This is what I'm talking about. Look at that. I know wrestling has a suspension of disbelief but really, how can I believe that someone won't just hit him while he is jumping from rope to rope. What's the point of doing that anyway? For all the hate the Young Bucks get, AR Fox should be getting 10000000x that.

BFIB

This is what I'm talking about. Look at that. I know wrestling has a suspension of disbelief but really, how can I believe that someone won't just hit him while he is jumping from rope to rope. What's the point of doing that anyway? For all the hate the Young Bucks get, AR Fox should be getting 10000000x that.

Yeah, that's a little over the top.

Wow, the NWA are keeping the "StarCade" tradition going - and what an amazing event StarCade 2013 looks to have been!

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-champion-crowned-at-nwa-starcade

"StarCade" had long been an NWA staple but has been dormant for years until promoter Johnny Lightning received the blessing of current NWA President R. Bruce Tharpe to resurrect the event.

"We want to bring back what made the NWA such a powerhouse," Lightning said. "StarCade was always one of my favorite events and I am glad that we were able to bring it to the fans again.

oxlzpEZ.jpg

Bronson Lee said:
Looks like I was wrong on the COD replay, sorry Boots:

Damn, everyone's having iPPV problems this weekend - the SHINE 15 VOD only just went up this morning.

FallingEdge said:

I've always hated 'oldschool' - it's utterly ridiculous that the opponent wouldn't just yank the guy off the ropes and, somehow, AR Fox just went and made it infinitely worse.

I've been posting here on NeoGAF long enough to know its strengths.... and its weaknesses.

Now what you don't want the boys in the back to know, NeoGAF has a glass jaw.

strobogo

Banned
They should have gone all in and done Star Kade. It's Starrcade. WWE owns it. NWA is going to get fucked if anyone at WWE gives a shit.

They should have gone all in and done Star Kade. It's Starrcade. WWE owns it. NWA is going to get fucked if anyone at WWE gives a shit.

The NWA are so ridiculously beneath the WWE or anyone's attention, other than New Japan, it seems. I doubt they give a shit. Kinda messed up that the only place the NWA name holds any weight these days is in Japan, though.

Xater

Also Rey just looks really bad these days. Every time I see him I think it's probably about time for him to retire.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rey is still very much injured guys. They brought him back months too early because they hate healthy talent.

strobogo

Banned
He looked like he jacked up his knee on the seated senton he gave Cody. He popped up hobbling.

I thought he looked in a lot of pain when he did a springboard thing and landed on his feet. And he looked out of it after the match, but I couldn't tell if that was just selling or not. But it's very clear he's still hurt and he's been rushed back. Which is exactly what has happened the last 3 or 4 times he's been hurt, which makes him then have to take more time up because he gets injured further every time. Not a chance he makes it to WM.

Rapstah

Did I dream about Ricardo Rodriguez being put in a tag team as El Local to go for active competition or did that actually happen? If it was a dream then I literally dream of reading articles about wrestling on the internet and I should probably re-think my lifestyle.

Xater

Did I dream about Ricardo Rodriguez being put in a tag team as El Local to go for active competition or did that actually happen? If it was a dream then I literally dream of reading articles about wrestling on the internet and I should probably re-think my lifestyle.

Pretty sure that's actually going to happen on NXT.

Los Locales, El Locale 1 (Ricardo) and El Locale 2 (Tyson Kidd), fought against Los Matadores about a month or two ago. Presumably because 3MB were all being treated for gonorrhea at the time or something.

SD_738_Photo_051.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Seriously, I mean look at this shit;

ibuRXdABbXMyZY.gif

What the fuck is he doing?

IN-DIE WRESTLING *clap clap clapclapclap*

One of my absolute favorite moments in a match from ROH Final Battle was in the main event. Briscoe and Elgin laid Adam Cole out by double chokeslamming him through a table, and then went at it 1-on-1. A few minutes later, Adam Cole started to climb back in the ring. Briscoe turned around, punched Cole in the face a few times, and Cole took the blows, fell to the outside, and was laid back out again. After that, Briscoe turned to engage Elgin again.

Simple. Effective. Believable. The actions and the outcomes made perfect sense. Cole had taken a huge bump, sold it for awhile, tried to get back into the fray, Briscoe saw Cole was recovering, Briscoe beat the shit out of Cole real quick, Cole absorbed the beatdown and was knocked out for a little while longer.

SHIT AIN'T HARD.

IN-DIE WRESTLING *clap clap clapclapclap*

One of my absolute favorite moments in a match from ROH Final Battle was in the main event. Briscoe and Elgin laid Adam Cole out by double chokeslamming him through a table, and then went at it 1-on-1. A few minutes later, Adam Cole started to climb back in the ring. Briscoe turned around, punched Cole in the face a few times, and Cole took the blows, fell to the outside, and was laid back out again. After that, Briscoe turned to engage Elgin again.

Simple. Effective. Believable. The actions and the outcomes made perfect sense. Cole had taken a huge bump, sold it for awhile, tried to get back into the fray, Briscoe saw Cole was recovering, Briscoe beat the shit out of Cole real quick, Cole absorbed the beatdown and was knocked out for a little while longer.

SHIT AIN'T HARD.

How was Outlaw Inc. vs ReDragon

I heard it was awful.

Top Bottom